"Holy Boxes" - another event...again :eek: - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Holy Boxes" - another event...again :eek:

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapl0 View Post
    Echus14, try highland pass, i'm killing harpies and killed 5 and got 4 boxes, open 2 middle option and 2 gems.
    Tried that too, but still no boxes. Crazy! Now trying 3rd highest map (which I have not even played before). If this is the case, I'll probably stay out of this event cos it will cause me to level up way too quickly.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger View Post
    Quite an insight. I'm a free player seriously considering spending $50 on both MW and KA. Now, I have second thoughts? At least if I stay free, I won't have anything holding me back whenever I want to quit.
    Don't do it. Spending that amount gets you nowhere as to what the top $ players are spending.

Post Count
    Looks like they changed it from Top 1 to Top 50/250.

Still won't make me spend a dime for the game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krug View Post
    Looks like they changed it from Top 1 to Top 50/250.

Still won't make me spend a dime for the game.
    They have still kept the top 1 as well as the top 50 and top 250.

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    I completely agree with everything said about Gree alienating the moderate spenders. I've spent about £200 on KA and was thinking about spending more but glad I held back. I don't regret spending the gems to get the money buildings, I feel like they were a worthy buy but the other £120 (or however much £200 minus cost of gem buildings is) I completely regret.

I wonder how the numbers add up by cutting off people like myself and just relying on small number of heavy spenders for income. Recently if anything I have realised how unusual KA is - if I had spent £200 on any other iOS game I would have a significant advantage and be deemed a very heavy spender, whereas here I'm a small fry gem buyer. I'm going to carry on playing as a free player until I get bored and then I'll move on.

Post Count
    I cant even be bothered to spend any gems on this game, just a free player playing at my own pace. I've got 4 gems of light out of 6 tries using the middle gold option. The only thing that concern me is that when some already started the event, it hasn't for me.. So it'd be better if you could open a few at a time if you missed the starting event.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by echus14 View Post
    Tried that too, but still no boxes. Crazy! Now trying 3rd highest map (which I have not even played before). If this is the case, I'll probably stay out of this event cos it will cause me to level up way too quickly.
    Have you tried going back to the very first maps to master? Takes a lot of clicks, but really low XP and boxes will drop, plus you get to master a map and get the mastery bonuses (level 3 = honor points, level 4 = 1 grunt, level 5 = 1 skill point)?
    >^..^<

Game of the Name... (Spreadsheet / Thread)
    MW RankingsKA Spreadsheet - My Kingdom

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by marebear View Post
    They are ruining this game. Game changing prizes every single week is rediculous. They are alienating modest gem spenders. And treat us like suckers.. The chests of might never change and they are more expensive than mw, so are the gem opens. And the items are mostly reused.
    Hey Marebear! Hear you!!! No sure I dig top 250 with only 10%. What happened to 30%? I hate how they jacked the prices up for this game only...20 gems vs 15 in CC and MW!
    >^..^<

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello Kitty View Post
    Have you tried going back to the very first maps to master? Takes a lot of clicks, but really low XP and boxes will drop, plus you get to master a map and get the mastery bonuses (level 3 = honor points, level 4 = 1 grunt, level 5 = 1 skill point)?
    Hello Kitty, shouldn't it be level 4 = 1 skill point and level 5 = 1 grunt or what unit?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanQ View Post
    Hello Kitty, shouldn't it be level 4 = 1 skill point and level 5 = 1 grunt or what unit?
    I get them confused. I'm on mastery level 4 and will update my post if I got it wrong . Thanks for the catch.
    >^..^<

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Hey Marebear! Hear you!!! No sure I dig top 250 with only 10%. What happened to 30%? I hate how they jacked the prices up for this game only...20 gems vs 15 in CC and MW!
    I think we are guinea pigs, they are experimenting with us and trying to discern where and when got more benefits.

Lurker
    Omaha, somewhere in the middle of America
    Post Count
    Part of me wonders if this is not an economics exercise to map the demand curve and determine the elasticity of demand. This game seems to be the youngest with the smallest user base, could be a research environment to develop strategies for the larger games, but I could be over thinking it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapl0 View Post
    I think we are guinea pigs, they are experimenting with us and trying to discern where and when got more benefits.
    While I'm not happy about it, supply & demand is working and the market will bear 20...unfortunately.
    >^..^<

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    @Sanguine, I was thinking the same the other day, just before this event started.

Post Count
    I get them confused. I'm on mastery level 4 and will update my post if I got it wrong . Thanks for the catch.
    Haha you're welcome