"Holy Boxes" - another event...again :eek:

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Holy Boxes" - another event...again :eek:

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

"Holy Boxes" - another event...again :eek:

Another week and another "boxing event" yet again - this time "holy boxes" with nearly game changing prizes for top 50 (apparently the heavy gem spenders left beyond the Top 25 last time were mightily annoyed ) and top 250 (another round of bidding war, I guess) with ok, but nothing special give aways for 5, 10, 15 and 20 (although I dont think that 20 is realistically achievable without gems)...

The game is really becoming an auction first and foremost...I understand that it is my right not to participate in the event, but at my levels (100+) a huge proportion of the players would win, at least one of the top prizes, putting me at a serious competitive disadvantage...besides, having an opportunity to rant is also my right here

Anyway, for those who enjoy reasonably engaging and reasonably fair strategy game this might be a time to think of wrapping the whole thing up - strategy is barely there anymore, IMHO...

Banned
    Post Count
    Yep. I won't be spending any ca$h on this one, no way. GREEd has gotten enough money from me with the last two events. I already feel like an idiot for using ca$h to gain some more fancy pixels on my phone. Oh well, happy bidding everyone

Post Count
    Another game changing top prize. Are they really trying to wipe this game out for free players?

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    Not a fan of such auction events but still free indestructible units. Just do the bare minimum. Don't see anything bad about that if you don't commit so much to it.
    Monster Quest: Level 118 #106782356
    Stats: 295k/265k A/D // 1503 monsters army // >1300 Rares // 22k IPH

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobtuse View Post
    Not a fan of such auction events but still free indestructible units. Just do the bare minimum. Don't see anything bad about that if you don't commit so much to it.
    Thats what I will be doing (if I can be bothered) but it seems a shame that the top prize as well as having very high stats (especially for the person who gets the first prize) also reduces the number of allies an opponent brings to battle.

That could be a game changer in the higher levels.

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickMunkey View Post
    Another game changing top prize. Are they really trying to wipe this game out for free players?
    It goes deeper than that. What they have really done is alienate the moderate gem users. The core financial supporters for their game. The people who werent rich but spent regularly. Now those people are p/ssed off and quitting left and right.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterSniper View Post
    It goes deeper than that. What they have really done is alienate the moderate gem users. The core financial supporters for their game. The people who werent rich but spent regularly. Now those people are p/ssed off and quitting left and right.
    That is also happening to the free players. First the light-medium gem players who who, as you said, paid a fair amount of real world cash to get a bit of a heads-up advantage but who now realise that they cannot compete with the ridiculous amounts now being spent. Once they go who are the heavy players going to hit next? The free players who will just get steamrollered no matter how high their IPH or army build is.

For example, as I am writing this one player is already on 21 Gems of Light. Just supposing a 33% chance of getting a gem per box then, due to the number of opens and resets required to get to 21 you are already looking at a £140 ($220) cash drop there and the event has only been going on for 1.5-2 hours.

I am a free player on KA and will continue to be so until I get too high in the levels and get flattened. When it is no longer fun to play I will walk away.

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    That is also happening to the free players. First the light-medium gem players who who, as you said, paid a fair amount of real world cash to get a bit of a heads-up advantage but who now realise that they cannot compete with the ridiculous amounts now being spent. Once they go who are the heavy players going to hit next? The free players who will just get steamrollered no matter how high their IPH or army build is.

For example, as I am writing this one player is already on 21 Gems of Light. Just supposing a 33% chance of getting a gem per box then, due to the number of opens and resets required to get to 21 you are already looking at a £140 ($220) cash drop there and the event has only been going on for 1.5-2 hours.

I am a free player on KA and will continue to be so until I get too high in the levels and get flattened. When it is no longer fun to play I will walk away.
    I totally relate. I guess my thinking was that funzio doesnt care about free players cuz they get nothing from them and even if they quit the kingdom/base/hood is still there to fill the void. With gem users they lose revenue but are so greedy they dont realize short term increased gain doesnt outweigh long term consistent gain.

I played MW free then CC & KA as a regular buyer. I can verify that the companies shortsighted business model is what drove me to quit all funzio/gree games outright. Looks like i was a little ahead of the curve but i tend to see things coming if you know what i mean.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quite an insight. I'm a free player seriously considering spending $50 on both MW and KA. Now, I have second thoughts? At least if I stay free, I won't have anything holding me back whenever I want to quit.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterSniper View Post
    I totally relate. I guess my thinking was that funzio doesnt care about free players cuz they get nothing from them and even if they quit the kingdom/base/hood is still there to fill the void. With gem users they lose revenue but are so greedy they dont realize short term increased gain doesnt outweigh long term consistent gain.

I played MW free then CC & KA as a regular buyer. I can verify that the companies shortsighted business model is what drove me to quit all funzio/gree games outright. Looks like i was a little ahead of the curve but i tend to see things coming if you know what i mean.
    What I don't understand though is the shortsightedness of ruining the game for free players. Most people didn't start this game thinking 'I'm going to spend £2k on an iPhone/iPad game@, they started off free, spend a few quid, spent abit more then thought 'dammit, I enjoy this game so am going to spend more'. By ruining the game to start with, you start losing these guys right at the start as they think that there is no advantage in starting so far behind.

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    There are seriously much better strategy games out there that are free or require a one time purchase of only a few dollars. PM me if you want to know what games I am talking about. I'll even give you my game center name and you can challenge me 1v1.
    Aoxoa - 647063908
    Lvl 136 - 55k A - 76k D - 10.5k IPH

Post Count
    Hi Plugger - do consider carefully. Unless you have an oil well of your own somewhere (and so the money is really of no consideration whatsoever), spending real money on this kind of thing when you know it can be better used elsewhere makes no sense whatsoever.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Post Count
    What I don't understand though is the shortsightedness of ruining the game for free players. Most people didn't start this game thinking 'I'm going to spend £2k on an iPhone/iPad game@, they started off free, spend a few quid, spent abit more then thought 'dammit, I enjoy this game so am going to spend more'. By ruining the game to start with, you start losing these guys right at the start as they think that there is no advantage in starting so far behind.
    Absolutely and it makes the anger more real cuz you feel like you are supporting them and as a return favor they take a dump on your head.

Thats exactly how i started out. 100% free on MW and stayed that way for obvious reasons if youve played it.

On CC i also started free and didnt buy gold till level 100ish but then bought at least one vault per sale.

Same for KA, at least one vault per sale, thats at least 160 a month USD that they lost due to greed.

I really cant believe they went this way but I shouldnt be surprised. Oh Well.
    Last edited by CounterSniper; 07-11-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger View Post
    Quite an insight. I'm a free player seriously considering spending $50 on both MW and KA. Now, I have second thoughts? At least if I stay free, I won't have anything holding me back whenever I want to quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by echus14 View Post
    Hi Plugger - do consider carefully. Unless you have an oil well of your own somewhere (and so the money is really of no consideration whatsoever), spending real money on this kind of thing when you know it can be better used elsewhere makes no sense whatsoever.
    I agree with you echus14.$50 will not really get you that far and you will either rue spending the money or be tempted to spend even more. It is best to choose whether to remain a free player or whether you can afford to drop alot of money.

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger View Post
    Before the auctions 50 bucks wouldnt have hurt and would have been a nice contribution to the game developers but now with the auctions 50 bucks is worth like 1 buck in RL. Save it or spend it on a loved one.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!