+100 Attack Skill?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: +100 Attack Skill?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

+100 Attack Skill?

Everyone seems to be asking about the other prize, but I'm confused as to what +100 Attack Skill means?

Each skill point used for attack counts 10, right?

So basically this is ATK 1000 prize?

Post Count
    Yes, that's right.
    Level 182
    IPH: $1819000
    Att: 63k & Def: 83k

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by hinofwars View Post
    Yes, that's right.
    Then, why not just make the sword have an extra 1000 ATK points? What crap!

The skill points aren't a prize. that's like saying the prize is that your weapon inventory goes up by 1. I'd rather have the points to designate as I choose than have them all go to ATK.

Not that I'll have this dilemma in five days, regardless.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Total attack strength = (base from guns + melee + cars + armour + explosives) * (attack skill base * "yet unknown factor")

So it's not just 1000 ontop, could be more at low levels will be less
    Level 159

296-288-356

Banned
    Post Count
    Skill points aren't just some random number affecting only your TMA and TMD. They are also used in the hidden calculations that determine explosives consumption. The only proof I have for that is my own experience, but I can fight some rivals with 50k true defense and lose nothing and yet I can lose explosives when I fight some other rivals with 35k-40k true defense. I don't believe the "random factor" has that huge of an effect, and these occurrences are not random. It's always the same rivals at 50k that cost me no explosives, and it's always the same rivals with the lower defense that do set off my explosives. The only difference I can think of is where these rivals have chosen to allocate their skill points.

Post Count
    skill points are based on the "wish factor" i wish i knew what they actually did

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    My understanding is that skill points for attack and defense help more on the lower levels than higher. Is that right for the most part?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I can only speak for myself but when the 100 atk skill was added to the 97 I already had when I got black widow it made me hard to rob or attack and I can take on rivals way above my a & d numbers and win 90% of time. I just hope event shows up for me soon for I will take another 100 and be happy as can be.
    HTC RED TILL DEAD.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dan View Post
    My understanding is that skill points for attack and defense help more on the lower levels than higher. Is that right for the most part?
    At lower levels people have earned fewer skill points to work with. More skill points = bigger difference, so I would say they help more in the higher levels where players have earned more skills and have heavily invested in either attack or defense.

Quote Originally Posted by outbackhat View Post
    I can only speak for myself but when the 100 atk skill was added to the 97 I already had when I got black widow it made me hard to rob or attack and I can take on rivals way above my a & d numbers and win 90% of time. I just hope event shows up for me soon for I will take another 100 and be happy as can be.
    How on earth to you figure ATTACK skills make you harder to rob or attack? You would need defense skill for that to work, and I'm not at all convinced that skill points have anything to do with robberies. They might, but I'm just not convinced that they do.
    Last edited by dudeman; 07-11-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Can only say if person robbing or attacking does not beat my numbers by more than 4000 they fail in robs and attacks only successful 90% of time. you tel me why?, don't claim to be expert in the programming of game only what I experience.
    HTC RED TILL DEAD.

Banned
    Post Count
    Can only say if person robbing or attacking does not beat my numbers by more than 4000 they fail in robs and attacks only successful 90% of time. you tel me why?, don't claim to be expert in the programming of game only what I experience.
    In my own experience, that's a small enough stat difference for the random factor to cause only a 90% success rate. Without knowing your stats it's still a guess though. What do you have, 12-15k defense? (guessing)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    24000 A and 28000 D not great but not bad. Only get beat in attack by over 34000 and haven't had successful rob against me since I got black widow and have had a lot of revenge attacks due to the fact I prefer robbing higher stats as they pay real good, and I cherry pick my buildings.
    HTC RED TILL DEAD.

Banned
    Post Count
    24000 A and 28000 D not great but not bad. Only get beat in attack by over 34000 and haven't had successful rob against me since I got black widow and have had a lot of revenge attacks due to the fact I prefer robbing higher stats as they pay real good, and I cherry pick my buildings.
    Yeah, I'd say those numbers look like their attack vs. your defense is more affected by the unknown random factor than by your attack skill. Attack skill is used when you attack, defense skills when you get attacked.

Post Count
    I have neither hard data nor exact math but since Bank Buster and Black Widow nearly tripled my attack skill I have ways higher success rates attacking stronger opponents. It might be wishfull thinking but for me they changed a lot. My strat was always heavy offensive with attack skill being 15x def skill. That worked pretty well so far.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Like I said don't know exactly why, but one thing is for sure, if event ever loads for me I will go after the award that includes attack bonus.Have $500 already budgeted and more I can use if I get close. Yes I know OP will cringe but I make decent money and can spend how I choose.
    HTC RED TILL DEAD.