Quite surprised people are going for this one

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quite surprised people are going for this one

Banned
    Post Count

Quite surprised people are going for this one

Looked at the reward and first thoughts were, 5 extra mafia members is only a 1% increase in stats and even then that is assuming you have 505 of each of your best items in reality your 500 – 505 items in each slots will be way worse than your average so this is more like a 0.5% increase in stats at best.

Then I checked the leader board and saw people nearing 50 already.....I could certainly understand in the last event for big spenders 10% extra attack is huge but 5 mafia members is that really worth spending $1000’s on? Even at better than average 500th items say gun 20/22 melee 25/19 car 13/19 and armour 16/16 it is only a increase of 370/380. Now add that to the stats of the item and it is a nice boost but surely not worth spending $1000’s on when you compare it to the last item and what could be estimated to be coming.

Post Count
    retired

CCS Headquarters,somewhere in Little Italy.
    Post Count
    I've come to the conclusion that this has nothing to do with the prizes anymore. Plain and simple it's a pissing contest! I can buy more gold then you can. I'm better then you. I saw this last event when you had all these people using gold right up to the end of the event when it was clear that they were going to win the prize anyway.
    Fight Club Syndicate..(FCS)
    Crime City Syndicate..(CCS)
    Level 194
    Mafia 500
    IPH 1,375,000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iteachem View Post
    Funny! True as well. Is that you with the life preserver You know those poor lemmings in that famous video were set up.

Post Count
    Yeah the modifiers are totally shocking for this event. I won the black widow shotgun tournament so the 100 attack skill doesn't really appeal to me at all and an extra 5 mafia members is an insult. I think Gree are seeing how far they can push the boundries and people are still going stupid and spending 1000's on gold.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Post Count
    with the old style format i had 50% chance of winning end item, new style with top 500 i had a lil less chance of winning end item, now with top 250 why even bother if your a free player

Consistent Contributor JuSt.SiCk's Avatar
    Post Count
    yeah, i dont care anymore about this events. I just open my boxes every hour to get some free items. Wont spend any Gold on further events like this, it's just a waste of money.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JuSt.SiCk View Post
    yeah, i dont care anymore about this events. I just open my boxes every hour to get some free items. Wont spend any Gold on further events like this, it's just a waste of money.
    Same strategy here
    HTC veteran

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JuSt.SiCk View Post
    Buying gold wasn't already a waste of money?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecore View Post
    Same strategy here
    Same here again.

The meeting Monday must have went very well. Subject: how can we squeeze more out of this before it dies.

Consistent Contributor WinkadInk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm going 100% free route this one...couldmt even get 15 chips last event
    Wink (Crime city)
    lvl 184
    225/180 mil
    MILLIONAIRES CLUB!!
    Indian member since 5/2012
    Gangstars

Dr Glickenstein (modern war)
    Lvl 193
    274/240 bil
    BILLIONAIRES CLUB!!
    Skynetcommand (SNC)
    Max bonuses purchased, contact for joining)

Kingdom Age (retired)

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dan View Post
    Same here again.

The meeting Monday must have went very well. Subject: how can we squeeze more out of this before it dies.

Consistent Contributor schnuffler's Avatar
    Post Count
    Buying gold is a colossal f u cking waste of money. End of story. I've never known a game maker to so egregiously collect as much money as it possibly can from it's "customers".

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytway View Post
    with the old style format i had 50% chance of winning end item, new style with top 500 i had a lil less chance of winning end item, now with top 250 why even bother if your a free player
    This, I actually liked this style more since you could see your progress and fair enough you weren't going to get the top prize without real money but a free player had a chance at the 500 prize if they were lucky and had the option to spend some gold to get it. Now with it being reduced to 250 there is no chance for a free player to get even the 2nd prize (I kinda thought it might have been justified in KA which I am guessing by forum activity has less players but could be wrong but should have stayed at 500 in cc) With this new set up event the fustrating 10 box system at least gave a chance.

I don't like CC enough anymore to justify spending any more money so won't go out of my way to open boxes at all since with 250 I have no chance at all with out gold.

Post Count
    i make a decent living but i cant see spending even 100s of dollars for a chance to win a game weapon. Im too cheap to spend $5 on a hookah!
    339 371 118
    The Danny Greene of Crime City "Dirty Red"
    Join The Celtic Club