"Missed" - Have you seen that before?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Missed" - Have you seen that before?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

"Missed" - Have you seen that before?

In PvE, we know that putting Skill Points to "Hero Strength" will add damage to the monsters, a better weapon your hero holds would increase amount of damage done, and a better armor will reduce the damage done on your "Energy" by the monster's fight-back if there is no 1-hit kill.

Have you seen "Missed" (in turquoise color font) while the monster fights back? There is no damage on your "Energy" but you gain the experience anyway. I have observed an increase of this lately. Anyone has any idea what trigger this?

Banned
    Post Count
    I thought better armor increased the chance of the monster missing you...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you are right, and I do hope you are, that would explain what I am observation.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tcapi View Post
    If you are right, and I do hope you are, that would explain what I am observation.
    Actually the in game FAQ itself clearly states that the defense value increases the chance for a miss only not damage reduction. The damage is set. The chance of missing is what increases. So it's either all damage or no damage. Only our hitting monsters has a variable damage factor.

I'm at 99 Hero Strength and 29/16 Weapon, 16/27 defense. Even on lowest map that I don't get one hit kills anymore on the monsters, are still doing the same damage to me they did when I first started. They just miss me a lot more now which saves energy.
    Danger Close
    Top 250 Faction: 890879030
    CRIME CITY : PVP Addicts
    Top 250 Syndicate : Invite code 182973555

Banned
    Post Count
    Hey KOD, what's your average damage dealt to a monster with 99 hero strength

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thanks. That is what I need. Key point is then to find better weapon and armor for the Hero.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I have 115 hero strength with book of necromancy (29/16) and robe of the undying (18/30). I deal anywhere from 115 damage or so all the way down to 86 damage. Why is my damage output so much lower than my attack rating?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralooney View Post
    I have 115 hero strength with book of necromancy (29/16) and robe of the undying (18/30). I deal anywhere from 115 damage or so all the way down to 86 damage. Why is my damage output so much lower than my attack rating?
    I do average of 86 on higher maps. I suspect perhaps creatures have an armour rating? Your damage is variable and there is a thread about it. PM hello kitty she can probably advise you as a KA lover of the game she's got most answers

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralooney View Post
    there's a random variable (chance if you will) that lowers it. Its not an automatic.

OP: "Missed" isn't a new thing - you're probably just equipping your hero better so you're seeing it more now.