New Events vs Old ones?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: New Events vs Old Ones?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Events (with leader boards)

3 5.08%
  • Older Events (before leader boards)

56 94.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Events vs Old ones?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

New Events vs Old ones?

Who likes the new events over the old ones?
    Jesus - 614-298-890 (KA)
    Lvl 176- 591.3k A - 596.6k D - 21.9k IPH - 500 Allies

Looking for guilds? Please join us.
    756-470-120

Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +10% casualty decrease
    +24 guild member

Verbose Veteran The_Legend_Shall_Live_On's Avatar
    Post Count
    +1 for old events.
    -2 for new ones. New ones every once in a great while (20 objects), but stick with the original ones (10 objects).
    Since April 2012

And for laughs...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeshu View Post
    Who likes the new events over the old ones?
    My preferences in descending order:

1) Old KA event style (collect 10 items)
    2) Modern War Boss-style event (even though I can't get past Boss 13)
    3) No event
    Infinity + 4) New event style (collect 20+ items), Top 500 and Top 50 goals
    Infinity + 5) New event style (collect 20+ items), Top 250 and Top 25 goals
    Last edited by YLL; 07-04-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Lurker
    Post Count

Pure luck VS spending RLM

Personally I prefer the old over new. The old relied heavy on luck while the new quickly turns into a competition using gems.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I want the original events back! Sure the top unit didn't have as high of stats but atleast everyone had a chance at the top prize with the boost and not just the richest gem spenders.

My guess is those events don't make funzio/gee as much money so they will be a thing of the past unfortunately.
    MW 186 619 883 Crazy Canuck lvl 230

KA 663-969-341 Elijah lvl 213

Post Count
    I am a free player and it does seem that the old events gives all players a chance at the top prize. However, the new events addresses the concern that if you spend $, you at least get a gem/ring/vial/egg/whatever instead of random allies/critters/gold/honor etc.

It is a tricky thing to balance since on one hand, you want to make sure the general base gets a fun event while on the other, it's business and you want people to spend without being disgruntled (there is a leaderboard, you know what to aim for, you always open a vial/egg).

I want the old events as I get a shot at the grand prize but I can see where that the new events are necessary from time to time.
    Monster Quest: Level 118 #106782356
    Stats: 295k/265k A/D // 1503 monsters army // >1300 Rares // 22k IPH

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I agree the bidding ones have a place from time to time but back to back bidding events is overboard!

All it is is a cash grab since they did so well the 1st go around.
    MW 186 619 883 Crazy Canuck lvl 230

KA 663-969-341 Elijah lvl 213

Banned
    Post Count
    as a free player, I find the leader board to be sort of pointless, since you have to be a heavy gem player to get onto it. Id love to see a leader board for people who didn't spend a penny speeding up their boxes or the gem option. I understand that won't happen, but its nice to wish.

As for the events - I still find them fun with my current lowered expectations - I don't really change my gameplay at all outside of clicking on the 2.2k open option once every hour or two. I really only do that now to pick up a couple lower end indestructible units. Pretty clear from the last one - getting into the top 500 was tough - top 250 will be impossible without spend.

Still fun though.

Lurker
    Post Count
    it's impossible for me to get to the 20th during the last event without spending (cost $10 to get the 20th)

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Funzio gave the middle finger to all those kids crying about not getting the 10th gem before and made this new style of events where if you dont blow few hundred bucks, you aint winning.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfg12345 View Post
    Funzio gave the middle finger to all those kids crying about not getting the 10th gem before and made this new style of events where if you dont blow few hundred bucks, you aint winning.
    I didn't get my 10th gem but I am not a kid. Actually, with my real life IPH, I could probably outspend most of the gem players out there. But I didn't get to such a privileged position by making bad investment decisions and spending fecklessly... which is what I believe to be the case of buying gems for the current (and previous event).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against spending money on in-game purchases. Rather, to borrow a couple of concepts from economics and finance, marginal utility here would be very negative and opportunity costs too great.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by YLL View Post
    I didn't get my 10th gem but I am not a kid. Actually, with my real life IPH, I could probably outspend most of the gem players out there. But I didn't get to such a privileged position by making bad investment decisions and spending fecklessly... which is what I believe to be the case of buying gems for the current (and previous event).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against spending money on in-game purchases. Rather, to borrow a couple of concepts from economics and finance, marginal utility here would be very negative and opportunity costs too great.
    I was referring to the players who kept on complaining because they didnt get the 10th gem before. Now, its impossible to get the final unit without spending.

Verbose Veteran The_Legend_Shall_Live_On's Avatar
    Post Count
    Interesting poll so far.

However, are some of you voters out there real gem buyers? Meaning you've spent a decent amount of money on gems for whatever reason?

I voted for previous event, and have bought gems.
    Since April 2012

And for laughs...

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by YLL View Post
    I didn't get my 10th gem but I am not a kid. Actually, with my real life IPH, I could probably outspend most of the gem players out there.
    your e-penis is absolutely MASSIVE!

Edit: psst - no one gives two squirts what your income is on here.

Post Count
    Granted I did not play any of the previous events hardcore, but it seems to me that the drop rates on the new events are higher and I get a feeling of accomplishing something when I do get boxes and even get to open them. I ended up with my first two free units during the last event, I am anxious to see what I end up with on this event.