Rune Box Event - Glitch? Or Scam?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rune Box Event - Glitch? Or Scam?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Rune Box Event - Glitch? Or Scam?

Soooo... In the first 2 days the event was live I attacked p2p, raided buildings, and completed quests (attacking monsters) until I leveled up 2 levels and I never earned a single Rune Box. Did anyone else run into this problem?

After all of that I just backed off playing because I felt like Funzio might not have worked out the glitches in this game yet. Am I the only person who has run into this problem?
    MW 820 927 812
    Level 258
    Income: $352,000,000/hr
    Attack: 9,867,393,600
    Defense: 4,300,166,900

KA 634 402 861
    CC 419 238 618

Post Count
    It is always harder to get boxes at the beginning of an event and nearly impossible from PvP for the first day, sometimes two. PvE is the way to go at the beginning and I used to primarily do PvE to box hunt when I ran my low level accts for my primary source of boxes.

You shouldn't have given up.

If it had continued you should have put in a support ticket, if it had been a glitch they would have fixed it and more than likely given you some boxes for your trouble.

Then to wait till after the event is over to bring it up seems pointless but its hopefully a lesson learned for the next event which will be along shortly.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Along with what CounterSniper was saying, in order for you to obtain a Rune Box from an attack or raid, the person you are raiding has to have a spare box to be stolen. At the start of the event, very few people have extras... they open as soon as they get them. And if they, like you, primarily do PvP, then they can only get them from somebody else. And even when you're going after somebody with extra rune boxes, it doesn't happen with every attack... maybe 1/4? So the supply side is very scarce indeed until the PvE players have horded up a bunch and the PvPs have gotten their hands on them, too.

And for PvE, the more XP you got from killing something, the more likely you were to get a rune box. So the lower levels didn't really produce many rune boxes, especially for higher level players.
    Last edited by RandomUser; 06-08-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Added info

Consistent Contributor Slickster's Avatar
    Post Count
    The only other thing I would like to add is after the first day check ur rivals unit inventory if they have runs units odds are there more likely to have a rune, blind attacking during events is a great way to level up and not get runes, other than that CS covered everything else
    If its important to you , you'll find a way, if not you'll find an excuse
    CC: 351679902
    KA: 725347313

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I had well over 50 rune boxes left when I screwed up and accidentally logged out today. Haven't heard of o many people that couldn't get boxes, the were really pretty easy to come by, by just going out to the maps

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Joie View Post
    I had well over 50 rune boxes left when I screwed up and accidentally logged out today. Haven't heard of o many people that couldn't get boxes, the were really pretty easy to come by, by just going out to the maps
    However, if, like me, you play a lot of MW, I was originally confused as the rune boxes only appeared after you completely kill/destroy something on the maps and not as in MW when you hit them once or twice.

Ave Atque Vale

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Okay guys, I'm not a total idiot here. I understand that attacking p2p on the first day isn't going to yield many boxes. But when I attack and defeat a few dozen monsters and I don't yield any boxes then I think there is a problem. Also, I tried attacking and killing another 6 or 7 monsters on the 4th day and it still didn't yield anything. That's why I stopped.

Lastly, where do you go to file a support ticket? I've had another major issue with CC a couple weeks ago and I sent a PM to fizzle but never got a response.
    MW 820 927 812
    Level 258

KA 634 402 861
    CC 419 238 618

Post Count
    From your device is best, it has all the data they need imbedded.

Menu > More > Help > Contact Support (top left of window)

Alternately, support@funzio.com but you need to include in game name & game ID number at a minimum.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks man
    MW 820 927 812
    Level 258

KA 634 402 861
    CC 419 238 618

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Okay wait... Now it keeps asking me for an email address and I have one set up. Am I mentally challenged here or something???
    MW 820 927 812
    Level 258

KA 634 402 861
    CC 419 238 618

Lurker
    Post Count
    I didnt have a problem getting boxes last time...hell i had 65 i couldnt get opened so i got too many boxes lol the thing i m worried about is i got 9/10 of the gen things super fast like within the first day or 2 and suddenly i wasnt able to open a single box after that and i kept comin back every hour day in and day out and got nothin. Its almost like u can get all the way up to the last monster gift thing but to get it u have to use gems and real money it just seemed very sketchy to me! And to tell the truth i like the game but i dont like the real money cost for paid items. I mean droppin $50 for a silly game just seems....well....silly lol im just not sure y they think ne one will pay so much for an in app purchase like that it just seriously blows my mind whenever i see them mixed in with the units that cost gold or honor points. Me...imma stick to the free units or wait till things r way cheaper. This isnt wow with fanbases willin to drop thousands on special rare ingame items....this is some iphone app so it should cost more like 5-10 tops for a good high end in app item. Thats just my opinion though and with this new ring prize thing goin on i wanted to post here so others can see if they noticed what im talkin about cause it just seemed so odd to me.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Numnutz2005 View Post
    I mean droppin $50 for a silly game just seems....well....silly lol im just not sure y they think ne one will pay so much for an in app purchase like that it just seriously blows my mind whenever i see them mixed in with the units that cost gold or honor points. Me...imma stick to the free units or wait till things r way cheaper. This isnt wow with fanbases willin to drop thousands on special rare ingame items....
    Different strokes... I saw a pretty awesome kingdom today with a really big bunch of gem items (attack/defence both over 40k). The owner said he had spent $5 grand on gems so far. I'm playing for free but there's no way to compete with power like that. Best to have them as an ally.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by custos View Post
    Different strokes... I saw a pretty awesome kingdom today with a really big bunch of gem items (attack/defence both over 40k). The owner said he had spent $5 grand on gems so far. I'm playing for free but there's no way to compete with power like that. Best to have them as an ally.
    He's gotta be one of the following: A) kid with a trust fund, B) Facebook millionaire, C) kid whose parents don't know he dropped out of college and are still sending him checks.
    KA - Jon Snow "Winter is coming." Climate change in Westeros is a b****.

CC - Sue "My name is Sue. How do you do. Now you're gonna die."

MW - PFC Kittelsen "In honor of Norwegian actress Agnes Kittelsen".

Post Count
    usually in these events. i find that if i go to earlier zones that cost less energy and try to get the boxes i will burn through 2 full bars of energy and never get a single one.
    but if i work at the highest zone i have open, ill get between 5 and 10 boxes on that same bar.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Numnutz2005 View Post
    I didnt have a problem getting boxes last time...hell i had 65 i couldnt get opened so i got too many boxes lol the thing i m worried about is i got 9/10 of the gen things super fast like within the first day or 2 and suddenly i wasnt able to open a single box after that and i kept comin back every hour day in and day out and got nothin. Its almost like u can get all the way up to the last monster gift thing but to get it u have to use gems and real money it just seemed very sketchy to me! And to tell the truth i like the game but i dont like the real money cost for paid items. I mean droppin $50 for a silly game just seems....well....silly lol im just not sure y they think ne one will pay so much for an in app purchase like that it just seriously blows my mind whenever i see them mixed in with the units that cost gold or honor points. Me...imma stick to the free units or wait till things r way cheaper. This isnt wow with fanbases willin to drop thousands on special rare ingame items....this is some iphone app so it should cost more like 5-10 tops for a good high end in app item. Thats just my opinion though and with this new ring prize thing goin on i wanted to post here so others can see if they noticed what im talkin about cause it just seemed so odd to me.

the reason why so many games are turning to "freemium" is because of the craziness that people actually PAY IT!. whats mind blowing is not the prices but that people are paying. they wouldnt get away with it if people werent paying. developers dont even try anymore. they just slap something together and put freemium options and watch the money pour in. its disgusting, i have facebook friends spent $2000 on farmville