Anyone agree with me that the event is a good idea?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone agree with me that the event is a good idea?

Post Count

Anyone agree with me that the event is a good idea?

I'm not going to get in to any of the heated debates up here but I think Funzio have come up with a good event idea. I've had all the same bugs as the rest of you, I wasted 2 days thinking I had 10 hours rather than 2, I've had the boss disappear quicker than he should or the two guys standing there aimlessly shooting at each other with nothing happening. Yes Funzio did a poor job of testing this event. We all know that and Mark has put his hands up and admitted that.

However as a game mechanic, the actual idea of the event, I think it's brilliant. really fun to play, we get free gold units and it makes you play the game differently to the way you would normally play it. That makes it fun in my book.

I won't spend gold on this event but I have used my whole queue of 50 ally requests to boost my attack and get a few extra units out of the event. I was stuck on boss 8, now I'm at 11. I went from 4500 A with 39 allies to 13500 with 99 allies just to get a couple more units. I'll drop back to a more comfy level after the event but for a week it's making me play differently. think differently.

I've tried new stuff, I know it's a bit scary but not too scary at higher ally levels. It's opening up other areas of the game that I might not have got in to for months, or maybe ever. That's nto a bad thing.

Sometimes i think we all get so caught up in our own personal little strategies in this game, not leveling up, not getting attacked, not having any fun!!! that we all need to take a step back and just run with it.

I've had a smile on my face all week, and I've not even had any rare units yet! 2 x uncommon, all the rest commons. But MW has been more fun the last few days than it has been for me for a little while.

Well done Funzio, fix this event mechanic and then give us something else that puts outside of our comfort zone will ya!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Plus 1....
    413 983 651

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

I agree

I agree. I did not spend any gold and I have 8 new units ...
    MW 484-382-054
    (in game name pancake)

Post Count
    I know we all like free gold units.

I guess my point is more about it making the game more fun, making us play the game differently and trying new things. It gets us all out of our little ruts.

Banned
    Post Count
    It had great potential, i would have never camped again had it been different.

Post Count
    Yeah its great man, I got 10 indestructible units. Thats worth 3 crate events for me. Even if I got 9 commons and 1 uncommons its ok for me. I like the event. This event makes me try the whale regions again and I can say its much more quiet here than when I was with 260-320 allie bracket

Modern war code - 560320147, 740 526 551 add me please
    Kingdom Age code - 953-474-768

유인나 is my crush

Post Count
    very good event, just poorly executed.

Consistent Contributor Automaine's Avatar
    Post Count
    It was a good event for my 2nd account (lower level) received 15 gold units, that was not bad at all for free.
    Automaine I'd. 708 689 953 / Kill'em all and let God sort them out!!!

Post Count
    Great idea. It's made me go up 1 extra level, and about to be 2. By the time it's over, it will be three or 4. It also made me finish my lieutanant rank, and beef up my attack substantially. If I can get to 25 with cash, it will also get me to empty my 500 tapjoy gold reserve.
    Last edited by Warfiend; 07-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    There is no greater disaster than to underestimate the enemy.
    BDP 4EVER!

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    You go warfiend go get that tank with 500 gold wait a second at 25 with cash I'm almost there boss 23 is a deadman in 1 hour ahhahahahahahhahah

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfiend View Post
    Great idea. It's made me go up 1 extra level, and about to be 2. By the time it's over, it will be three or 4. It also made me finish my lieutanant rank, and beef up my attack substantially. If I can get to 25 with cash, it will also get me to empty my 500 tapjoy gold reserve.
    With all the boosts, the tank will be 975/750. :O
    Level 95

I like cookies

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifth Reich View Post
    With all the boosts, the tank will be 975/750. :O

I thought you quit after you gave the game a one star???
    413 983 651

Post Count
    I agree I got some great free units. Even with all the bugs I think it was a great addition to the game. I just wish there was a chance to get the main prize without using gold like other events. I think funzio should fix some of the bugs, maybe rework some of the parameters like time limit, amount of hits, and damage given. With a few small tweaks this could be a true "epic" event.
    Llp 755-110-608 add me I need allies.

170m attack
    253m defense
    52m/hr income
    Lvl 252
    Free army 460 allies

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT.GIN View Post
    I thought you quit after you gave the game a one star???
    I still play the game. Its very boring but it won't let be leave
    Level 95

I like cookies

Banned
    Post Count
    Good idea, they just should of worked it out before releaseing. I got 46 "free" powerful units from it.