The New Event is AWESOME! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Event is AWESOME!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yeah there's no trick to getting them only missions. With luck pvp ... I have 98 stamina when do a full stamina dump trying to get them I'll get 2-5. I'm 25 give or take on the leader board. I bought energy few times which sucks to have to resort to that . I'll try for top 50 then I'm done with events I miss old format already! I'm gonna by crates from here on out.

Post Count
    To be fair i think the event has potential to be better than the old style events because the leaderboard side of things is awesome.

However the drop rate for the safes is ridiculously low, i think Kevin must have stolen most of them lol, i'd love to know how much gold he has gone through to get 72 chips. Anyway the problem is all these kind of events are flawed because it takes around 48hrs for most players to become throughly active in the event because of the low drop rate.

Also players in certain time zones get a head start because they are awake when the event starts whereas others are sleeping. These kind of events are a race yet we don't all start the race together. Then you also have the problem where the app needs to be closed or an update needs to be done before the event appears on your device. Again this means certain players are left behind at the start line and get frustrated and lose interest before the event has even started.

Funzio - my solution for this is simple. Please follow these simple steps.

1.) Advertise the event 24hrs before it begins. Release the content as you do but have a countdown timer to when the event begins. This will give players the chance to plan for the start of the event. The more players ready for the start of the event will have a longer invested interest in the event which will lead to more gold spent and we all know that top of your priorities list Funzio.

2.) Every player starts the event with 10 boxes. This means there will be all out free for alls and everyone will have to try their best to keep hold of their boxes. This also means there won't be the dull 24hr period at the start of the event where everyone (except for Kevin) can't find any boxes. This also means the statement "collect boxes by fighting rivals, robbing rivals and doing jobs" will be true throughout the event.
    Here's the bit you've been waiting for Funzio. If everyone starts the event with 10 boxes those in fear of losing them might do a number of timer resets leading to more gold sales.

Remember the more boxes people have the more gold they are likely to spend.

3.) Run the events for the time advertised - A "1 week special" consists of 7 x 24hr days incase you hadn't noticed. With the time differences for certain players, the closing and opening of the app, the dull 24hr period where nobody can find any boxes and players not being aware of when the event starts all means some players don't really get into the event until its halfway through. Andriod being behind IOS is also unfair.

4.) Give me a job and i'll make millions of your customers happy again leading to millions of dollars worth of increased sales. It's not rocket science because this is The Billionaire's dog writing this post and i do nothing but sniff butts all day and i have the solutions, why don't you???
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Post Count
    I don't like random. Even if i win i'm only proud of the #477 in the PVP event. You win X fights (or whatever) and you get stuff, no dices for me thanks.

MW: 599 844 556
    MQ: 882 954 343

Post Count
    1 open 10 fails with medium option... this event is horrible for me
    retired

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Wow so the even finally shows up on my iPad 13 hours later and the bottom people onnthe leaderboards have 10.....So much for even a chance....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iteachem View Post
    1 open 10 fails with medium option... this event is horrible for me
    Ouch!..........
    Proud member of HTC White!!!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtstar7439 View Post
    Wow so the even finally shows up on my iPad 13 hours later and the bottom people onnthe leaderboards have 10.....So much for even a chance....
    Same here. Mine just showed up and I load this game every hour to collect from my buildings. Now I'm so far behind it's not even worth trying to catch up. No gold from me Funzio.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaming Will View Post
    Ouch!..........
    make that 11.. .seriously how can the medium option fail 11 times.
    retired

Post Count
    I'm 3 out of 17. Keep at it, another will open soon, lol. This event is just not for the non-gold player.
    Eyelusion - Level 199 - TL 409

Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot.
    ~Leo Durocher

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelusion View Post
    I'm 3 out of 17. Keep at it, another will open soon, lol. This event is just not for the non-gold player.
    most definitely.. How much do you think that leader with 77 has spent
    retired

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post
    To be fair i think the event has potential to be better than the old style events because the leaderboard side of things is awesome.

However the drop rate for the safes is ridiculously low, i think Kevin must have stolen most of them lol, i'd love to know how much gold he has gone through to get 72 chips. Anyway the problem is all these kind of events are flawed because it takes around 48hrs for most players to become throughly active in the event because of the low drop rate.

Also players in certain time zones get a head start because they are awake when the event starts whereas others are sleeping. These kind of events are a race yet we don't all start the race together. Then you also have the problem where the app needs to be closed or an update needs to be done before the event appears on your device. Again this means certain players are left behind at the start line and get frustrated and lose interest before the event has even started.

Funzio - my solution for this is simple. Please follow these simple steps.

1.) Advertise the event 24hrs before it begins. Release the content as you do but have a countdown timer to when the event begins. This will give players the chance to plan for the start of the event. The more players ready for the start of the event will have a longer invested interest in the event which will lead to more gold spent and we all know that top of your priorities list Funzio.

2.) Every player starts the event with 10 boxes. This means there will be all out free for alls and everyone will have to try their best to keep hold of their boxes. This also means there won't be the dull 24hr period at the start of the event where everyone (except for Kevin) can't find any boxes. This also means the statement "collect boxes by fighting rivals, robbing rivals and doing jobs" will be true throughout the event.
    Here's the bit you've been waiting for Funzio. If everyone starts the event with 10 boxes those in fear of losing them might do a number of timer resets leading to more gold sales.

Remember the more boxes people have the more gold they are likely to spend.

3.) Run the events for the time advertised - A "1 week special" consists of 7 x 24hr days incase you hadn't noticed. With the time differences for certain players, the closing and opening of the app, the dull 24hr period where nobody can find any boxes and players not being aware of when the event starts all means some players don't really get into the event until its halfway through. Andriod being behind IOS is also unfair.

4.) Give me a job and i'll make millions of your customers happy again leading to millions of dollars worth of increased sales. It's not rocket science because this is The Billionaire's dog writing this post and i do nothing but sniff butts all day and i have the solutions, why don't you???
    Good ideas, Heck I would be happy to start with 3 or 4 so you have a fighting chance.

+1 million on the one week = 7 days x 24hr. I have never had a week long event actually equal a week in CC, usually 4.5 - 5 days.

Or just increase the drop rate. The format is fine, the leader board is cool, the drop rate and open rate for most SUX!
    THE SAMCRO / The IndiansTM

"Sometimes I wish we could hit them over the head, rob them, and throw their bodies in the creek." - Al Swearengen

Post Count
    Hell I have had better luck than that this time, I usually don't get 10 or 12 fails in a row untill the last 24-48 hours in an event.
    THE SAMCRO / The IndiansTM

"Sometimes I wish we could hit them over the head, rob them, and throw their bodies in the creek." - Al Swearengen

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    0/2 so far.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swearengen View Post
    Hell I have had better luck than that this time, I usually don't get 10 or 12 fails in a row untill the last 24-48 hours in an event.
    Yeah rub it in.. ready to go free option only since I am leaving town tomorrow night. Even loot drops would have been nice
    retired

Post Count
    Just can't loot the safe!!! Spend all my energy and stamina and this got me 2 boxes. But I lost these 2 safe to the same player within 2 mins.
    Level 182
    IPH: $1819000
    Att: 63k & Def: 83k