DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hellfire Event!

Banned
    Post Count
    Hi CCM

I have 2 questions
    1-
    Why do you call the second option to open a box "Fair chance to open"????
    is it "fair" to get 8 "sorry" in a row?
    I thought that because we needed to collect TWICE the amount of Viles instead of the regular event's 10 the ODDS to open boxes would be better, this is only the third day of the event and I see the same patterns (if not worse) that the regular events.
    (The event in itself is great to an extend, I think that the top 150 should be awarded, instead of top 50, 150 would be about 0.0003% of KA Players) but with the really bad open rate formula you guys have in place, it is not worth even trying, I personally used 1,160 GEMS to get 14 viles, then started to get crappy loot like the 50 HPs, and then I notice that the open rate is worse than in regular events, I honestly feel I got somewhat screwed and that I wasted my money on this event (I love the game, and you know Dragons are my favorites)

2-
    What is with the crappy loot?? 50HPs? 150HPs?

thanks
    Last edited by Crime City Mark; 06-28-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Too rich for my blood

Quote Originally Posted by The_Legend_Shall_Live_On View Post
    Otherwise, despite your potential disbelief, the ONLY way people could have that many vials (35+) right now, would be spending HUNDREDS of dollars of real money (possibly upwards into a thousand or more) to be able to pull it off. So it's possible.....will that be credit card or debit or iTunes?
    I guess it's just hard to believe that people would actually spend that much money on something like that, but apparently there are plenty. I've never spend a dime on any of the games I've played like this and my accounts are looking pretty nice.....7004 attack and 8114 defense at lvl 33. Looks like your hanging right in there with the top 500 at 11 vials. Good luck, that's a pretty nice prize.

Banned
    Post Count
    I don't see this event, when I log in it says I need to upgrade my game but their is no update avaliable on the ap store. In fact after further looking kingdom age doesn't even apear in the ap store at all

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Right now in Kingdom Age we're running an exciting new event! Collect Demon Boxes and open them to find Vials of Hellfire. Every 5 vials, up to 20, will award you a different and powerful unit! These units cannot be lost, and are treated just like gold units.

The top 500 players will receive the Doom Elemental, which gives you a 2% alliance attack bonus on top of being one of the most powerful units in the game!

The top 50 players will take home the unstoppable Guardian Elemental, giving them the opportunity to upgrade 2 buildings at once as well as being an absolute terror on the battlefield!

Let us know what you think!
    Speaking from a free players perspective; what it seems we all think, with due respect, is that this event is awful. It has very low open rates, poor loot if you are lucky enough to get a box open, and realistically only a chance to get one unit from it. This event may be a fantastic money spinner for you, but it will also offside many free players (perhaps this is of no concern though).
    CC: Sold up and moved on
    KA: 227 478 302
    MW: 176 838 388

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
    Speaking from a free players perspective; what it seems we all think, with due respect, is that this event is awful. It has very low open rates, poor loot if you are lucky enough to get a box open, and realistically only a chance to get one unit from it. This event may be a fantastic money spinner for you, but it will also offside many free players (perhaps this is of no concern though).
    It has and will continue to infuriate a lot of gem buyers as well. Not a good idea imo. (Speaking from a gem users perspective)
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterSniper View Post
    It has and will continue to infuriate a lot of gem buyers as well. Not a good idea imo. (Speaking from a gem users perspective)
    I am glad to hear that as well. I assume that the gem buyers like having all the free players around as that gives them someone to beat up on. One of the great things about these games is that there are so many people involved, so hopefully someone takes note.
    CC: Sold up and moved on
    KA: 227 478 302
    MW: 176 838 388

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
    I have 2 questions

1) It say ties will be decided by level. So does that mean if I was tied with 6 others for the final 5 spots in either the top 500 or top 50 and I was the lowest level of those 6 I would miss out?

2) Is there something in place to secure the top 500 and top 50 when the event timer hit zeros that will prevent someone from leaving game open and playing into OT to get in? Would hate to go to bed thinking I was in when event ended only to find was bumped out the next morning cuase of people playing in OT
    You missed my question CCM

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
    You missed my question CCM
    Or I just didn't answer.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Consistent Contributor Great_wall2's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thanks CCM for answering most of the questions that are being posted. This is more interactive dialogue with you / Funzio than I have ever seen before. It is a great start to what you had previously posted on increasing customer service.
    MW: 887634148 Level 83 Xenophobic
    KA: 666385457 Level 115 Grendal
    MQ: 661030172. Level 15 Grendal
    Please PM me if you want me to add you as I need to make room for forum members.

Lurker
    Post Count
    This sort of sucks for me as I've been playing every hour for days but only now did the demon box game start to appear. Now I only have 1 day 17 hours to catch up a week's game, with zero viles. Is there anyone else that has a game that puts them at such a HUGE disadvantage?

Banned
    Post Count
    Or I just didn't answer.
    for some reason this made me chuckle... funny.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Or I just didn't answer.
    Ok then, I take it that mean you don't know the answers to those questions then

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Fair Chance?? ...How about FAT Chance!!

I've been playing the Hellfire event and I have to tell you I'm VERY VERY disappointed!! I have just 5 vials on 32 tries...which means I spent over $22,000 in gold to get one stupid creature!!! Are you kidding me!!? When they say 'Fair Chance' (or middle button) I have to laugh...it's FAT chance more like...I wonder what the free button gives you: 1 in a 1,000 tries??! It make no sense at all to spent that kind of gold for such small returns...I for one am not going to bother playing another one of these events, I'll just keep building my kingdom the regular way. (And I'm not stupid enough to spend my Gems/real money on this event either!)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beast Lee View Post
    I guess it's just hard to believe that people would actually spend that much money on something like that, but apparently there are plenty. I've never spend a dime on any of the games I've played like this and my accounts are looking pretty nice.....7004 attack and 8114 defense at lvl 33. Looks like your hanging right in there with the top 500 at 11 vials. Good luck, that's a pretty nice prize.
    I'm with you Mr Beast Lee, I wouldn't spend a penny on it either...but to spend 750 on a fair chance and get nothing in return isn't fair either...but apparently the folks at Funzio think it's fair...it's BS...'Fair Chance' in my mind would be 50/50 chance...and a 'Low chance' would be 10%. Someone with a sense of fairness has to look at this and change for the next event...but then again...the GREED of these people will compell them to go for the real money! I'm starting to lose interest in this game because of the greed factor...time to move on...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieBoy View Post
    ISomeone with a sense of fairness has to look at this and change for the next event...but then again...the GREED of these people will compell them to go for the real money! I'm starting to lose interest in this game because of the greed factor...time to move on...
    Why do so many people think Funzio is a charity or something? It's a business. Why wouldn't they go after your money?

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"