The Perfect Raid

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Raid

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count

The Perfect Raid

First, let's start off with the two challengers:

Me:

Rival:

Then the results:

Nearly $300k picked up. Lost only Warthogs and Snipers. I thought I took a pic of the most impressive take, but guess the ol' iPad didn't keep it. Notice the large disparity between my attack and his defense. I took the level 3 OR in three hits, no failed raids. Largely due to my 150 attack skill points. I run with about 80% meat shields, this is my strategy. So far so good-just wanted to share a bit of how things are in my game. Not a gloat, just a bit of evidence that this works. After re-jigging my valor:meatshield ratio again (I try to keep 1:4, things got out of whack though...) I'll post up results. Low power, run and gun. Building my econ bit by bit with this raid cash. Big bad gold spenders can shoot, but there is nothing to take-I collect on time. Other than them, not many times I've been tagged badly. It's not about stats...
    Last edited by JohnnyR; 06-26-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    nice dood. at that level you get 200+ BP for a single raid?? geez. down here at lvl 67 I'm getting about 50 BP on a good raid or attack, and that's only against a high rank than I.. Also, are most players at your level about the same A/D as you? I'm at A20k/D21k at level 67 and was thinkin I should bulk way up before I reach lvl 100..

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bushobama View Post
    nice dood. at that level you get 200+ BP for a single raid?? geez. down here at lvl 67 I'm getting about 50 BP on a good raid or attack, and that's only against a high rank than I.. Also, are most players at your level about the same A/D as you? I'm at A20k/D21k at level 67 and was thinkin I should bulk way up before I reach lvl 100..
    That's because his opponents defence was 30% higher than his attack. If you can find someone on your rivals list with defence that much higher than your attack, you'll get a similar number of BP if you beat them.

And nice one Johnny, i also have my skill points focussed on attack. Can you tell me all your skill levels please?

Post Count
    You sure you want to share that much tactical information?
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    It is quite likely that you will be successful in raids against people with up to 30% more defence than you. Regardless of skill points. That was on the line though, good possibility of a loss.

Post Count
    People with lower stats always seem to win raids. Even 10-20k less stats. Not so sure why, but it is good when raiding and bad when getting raided. So it is a trade off.
    Llp 755-110-608 add me I need allies.

170m attack
    253m defense
    52m/hr income
    Lvl 252
    Free army 460 allies

Post Count
    I'm not sure why they made the range so large. Basically makes boost buildings almost useless in terms of defence, if the person is willing to take the losses from raiding them.

Something like winning against a player with 10-15% more defence in raids, about 30% of the time would be more reasonable. It should not be easy to take someone down that is much more powerful than you.

Right now it's pretty much almost a 100% chance you'll win up to 20% more defence than you, then the next 10% is iffy, but possible.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    I'm not sure why they made the range so large. Basically makes boost buildings almost useless in terms of defence, if the person is willing to take the losses from raiding them.

Something like winning against a player with 10-15% more defence in raids, about 30% of the time would be more reasonable. It should not be easy to take someone down that is much more powerful than you.

Right now it's pretty much almost a 100% chance you'll win up to 20% more defence than you, then the next 10% is iffy, but possible.
    But if you get raided then it's your own fault for not collecting the building in time. If they made it more difficult to raid stronger players then there would be no point in raiding at all and they would be better off just making the buildings auto-collect their income, making the game more boring.

Post Count
    Again:

I was longing after his over vault cash, so close yet so far. Went looking for boost buildings to possibly take down and go after his cash-found his Naval Research-after much eye squinting and zooming found it to be only level 1!!! Accidentally hit his level 1 OR and what do you know-I can raid this guy. Decided to go after the level 2 OR next to it and bagged it in three hits. Not a single loss. Normally if I'd lose, it'd be after two successful hits, however I was able to go 4 hits without a loss. Nothing else worth raiding, so I decide to hit him-lost. Three times, lol. Gave back my BPs gained, but an experience worth while.

I think this is the very very edge of successfully raiding someone over your stats. Biggest difference in attack vs. defense I've successfully come across.
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassleham View Post
    That's because his opponents defence was 30% higher than his attack. If you can find someone on your rivals list with defence that much higher than your attack, you'll get a similar number of BP if you beat them.

And nice one Johnny, i also have my skill points focussed on attack. Can you tell me all your skill levels please?
    Thanks Hassleham, and apologies-I had forgot all about his thread till I came across the current victim, lol.

Current Skill Point line up:

Attack: 143 (I said 150 prior, however I think the "50" in my defense skill point got in my head)
    Defense: 50
    Energy: 1400
    Stamina: 30

PM for ally add.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Good Job man! Hopefully you are upgrading all 4 unit type boosting buildings - I am 97k defense - working my way up to 100k! Every little bit helps.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Post Count
    JohnnyR you are gutsy and bold. I am proud to be your ally!
    MW Id# 431573053
    KA Id # 119 000 220
    CC Id # 255 906 205

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Good Job man! Hopefully you are upgrading all 4 unit type boosting buildings - I am 97k defense - working my way up to 100k! Every little bit helps.
    Currently working on my Naval and Infantry boost-got my Air pretty decent. I'm thinking a good infantry boost might let me use Seals to keep SSD from entering battle, that is if I find enough lvl 3 OR or above to raid... Heck, I just might switch to China and stick with Flamethrowers.

Composites, this freaking building-I swear is the most valuable in the whole game. I'd give up an Oil Rig and all my ground units for this thing! It's the only reason I haven't been tagged badly, except by one dude...argh...

Tis good to see your sig and av man!

And jp-thanks! Looooove pushing it to the edge in terms of different strategies. And brave? Holy crap, I wouldn't even touch YOUR base, lol! Damn, you and McDoc are running neck and neck it appears!

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    Between you, me, and Q, I often wonder if we are hitting the same bases sometimes. I will get one or two raids in and then suddenly it's empty! Ok, ok, maybe the player collected, but I always wonder if one of my fellow base-raiders is on the same Lvl 3-5 Oil Rig as I am!
    MW Id# 431573053
    KA Id # 119 000 220
    CC Id # 255 906 205

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jp lfs View Post
    Between you, me, and Q, I often wonder if we are hitting the same bases sometimes. I will get one or two raids in and then suddenly it's empty! Ok, ok, maybe the player collected, but I always wonder if one of my fellow base-raiders is on the same Lvl 3-5 Oil Rig as I am!
    I wonder the same thing, gawd it's a pisser when it's the last freaking hit!!! Aaaaacccckkkk!!!! lol!

Usually I try to attack the rival at that point, see if he's still carrying around the cash-never get any that way though.

PM for ally add.