$100 on Teller Machine Event, no #10. Feedback/thoughts? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $100 on Teller Machine Event, no #10. Feedback/thoughts?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I just can't bring myself to do stamina and energy refills with gold. I've reached my limit with gold opens though, in the past I waited until I reached #9 to start opening with gold but this time I started early and went a bit crazy with a bunch of shivs to show for it. So now I'm back to cash opens. I've come to terms with this event being a wash.

Oh well.
    How was it a wash? Sounds like you spent a bunch of gold and lost it.

Consistent Contributor pluxfan2's Avatar
    Post Count
    It may be the way you are approaching the event which is why you are stuck on 9.

I think there is a combination to open up the 10th. ie rob get a debit card, if it doesnt open try a pvp, then maybe a double hit on the maps. I havent discovered what it is, but my feeling is there some method to open up the 10th. I have 4 of the event items. Though Funzio may change this combination with each event, there was method which I used to get the Midas Gun which I got. I tried it with the others but failed so it may change.

I know someone who spent a lot of gold but didnt get the 10th item, they just did pvp and done the map's (ma sheng).

I think you have to include rob and jobs in the combination. (Though I could be wrong).I know there are players who seem to get the 10th item all the time, maybe they may wish to enlighten us a little.

Consistent Contributor pluxfan2's Avatar
    Post Count
    Because people spend a fortune on some events I stick to cash only now (which I have done since the 4th event) and usually get to 9 with the occasional 10th.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 7rs60 View Post
    How was it a wash? Sounds like you spent a bunch of gold and lost it.
    Lost it? It's not officially lost until the event ends but I'm calling the event a wash for me because I don't think I have much chance of getting 9 & 10, so I'm back to cash opens.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post
    It depends, from the information on the last couple of events, the chances of getting item #10, (not including 8-9) is considerably less than hitting a single number on a roulette table.
    Rational posts like this don't help my emotional decision making process much, LOL!
    Eyelusion - Level 199 - TL 409

Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot.
    ~Leo Durocher

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by koma View Post
    I told my wife that I spent $100 only during Minigun event (+30% cheaper upgrades) but really I have to spend edditiOnal $20 to get it. And I'm sure that I would spend more if needed. I can not stop in the half of the way after spending $100 alreAdy.

And I was really happy when I got the final prize. $20 is nothing when u spent $100 before.
    If it was just up to me I would send until I got it. Especially because I've spent $100 already. My wife is my rational stopping point.

~Leo Durocher

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelusion View Post
    Rational posts like this don't help my emotional decision making process much, LOL!
    Sorry.

When you open the 10th item, a portal will open to hades and suck in the entire world, the population of which will be forced to watch reruns of Chips and the Cosby show whilst being force fed coffee flavoured revels and whipped with stinging nettles by singing midgets.

Hence funzio has coded specifically so you don't obtain the item. Don't do it.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytway View Post
    funzio has a mind reading beam imbedded into its games. so it knew you were only goin to spend 100$ and made sure you didn't get the tenth so you can spend more. before you buy gold next time cover your head in aluminum foil and don't look directly at the screen, and raise one leg, that way the beam wont get into you head
    Priceless - All I can picture is Joaquin Phoenix in the movie "Signs".
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677
    Income per hour $1,945,169

Post Count
    Now for this event, I'm 1 out of 11 on opens on cash attempts. I would think the odds of getting #10 with this low of opening rate is pretty much .000000000000000001%?

I hate gambling!

~Leo Durocher

Post Count
    Eyelusion, all I can say is that if that if someone from Gree contacts you and offers you more gold to open boxes if you will "go out on some dates with their friends" . . . DON'T
    Kaen - CC:
    Macros the Black - KA
    Wolverine - MW

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

"Reality continues to ruin my life"

Consistent Contributor Robin Hood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snow View Post
    Hope this helps: UK - 67, KS - 59
    +abillion

C-A-T-S cats Cats CATS!
    LVL 145 1.7M ATT 1.7M DEF 4 M IPH

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brown1 View Post
    Eyelusion, all I can say is that if that if someone from Gree contacts you and offers you more gold to open boxes if you will "go out on some dates with their friends" . . . DON'T
    But, what if they say she has a "great personality"? I'm assuming it would be a she

~Leo Durocher

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelusion View Post
    But, what if they say she has a "great personality"? I'm assuming it would be a she
    You go with that assumption, when Ben Dover shows up on your doorstep for his date, well - you will know who sent him. BTW, has Mr. Dover been the one sellingf you all that gold to open the ATMs?
    Last edited by Joe Brown1; 06-25-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Kaen - CC:
    Macros the Black - KA
    Wolverine - MW

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

"Reality continues to ruin my life"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post
    I posted this from another thread about chances and stats of going from 9 to 10:

36 opens for a 50% chance. (4 days with no gold, and 6 hours sleep, or 2 days with 540 gold)
    70 opens for a 75% chance. (7 days, 14 hours, or 4 days, 16 hours with 1050 gold)
    116 opens for a 90% chance. (13 days 16 hours, 6 days 8 hours with 1740 gold)

From 9 you had 32 opens. This means with that much gold, you had about a 48% chance of obtaining the item.
    Okay Ramshutu,

How does this work out now? I have 41 opens since 9 (39 gold, 2 cash). Do my odds move up to 55% or does the cash bring those odds crashing to a hault? My current cash open rate is not the best sample with just 2 out of 12 opens in this event.

Further yet, don't the odds reset after every open, meaning my odds each time are the same as that "...less than a roulette table"?

~Leo Durocher

Lurker
    Post Count
    Out the 10th after 2 days - cash only!
    I've found that if your doing missions and you get a teller machine drop, you open it straight away, only 23 tellers opened for my 10th debit card!
    It's all random I know, the last 2 or 3 events I've been stuck on 8 but I got this 1 done no problem 