Attacked by MUCH higher level players, how??

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacked by MUCH higher level players, how??

Lurker
    Post Count

Attacked by MUCH higher level players, how??

I have been browsing this forum and I think i understand the "whale" description, etc. I am level 74 and over the last couple of days I have been attacked by players with levels of 111, 114, etc. HOW??? One guy took me for a bunch of coin. On my rival or battle list I only see players 73-75, how are these guys able to attack players 30 levels lower than them? Did I enter Whale territory an open myself to get attacked by these high level players?

I did send a support note to Funzio, here was their response.

"Thanks for the message.

This is a known issue that we are currently in the process of fixing and should have resolved in the upcoming update.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused."

I really have no issue getting attacked by players around my level, that is an even playing field, but what fun is it to get wipedd out by players with 35k more defense and attack than you do??

Vedder
    574-083-260

Banned
    Post Count
    I think you entered whale territory

Consistent Contributor Great_wall2's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    I have been browsing this forum and I think i understand the "whale" description, etc. I am level 74 and over the last couple of days I have been attacked by players with levels of 111, 114, etc. HOW??? One guy took me for a bunch of coin. On my rival or battle list I only see players 73-75, how are these guys able to attack players 30 levels lower than them? Did I enter Whale territory an open myself to get attacked by these high level players?

I did send a support note to Funzio, here was their response.

"Thanks for the message.

This is a known issue that we are currently in the process of fixing and should have resolved in the upcoming update.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused."

I really have no issue getting attacked by players around my level, that is an even playing field, but what fun is it to get wipedd out by players with 35k more defense and attack than you do??

Vedder
    574-083-260
    Sounds like you are in whale territory. Consensus on the forum from what I can see is level 72 and up will put you whale territory. Just off hand what is your defense right now.
    MW: 887634148 Level 83 Xenophobic
    KA: 666385457 Level 115 Grendal
    MQ: 661030172. Level 15 Grendal
    Please PM me if you want me to add you as I need to make room for forum members.

Post Count
    Vedder, as well as your current defense, what is you ally count? I am curious as to what extent ally count impacts whale's ability to see you (I.e. If you have less allies does it delay when the whales see you)
    Kaen - CC:
    Macros the Black - KA
    Wolverine - MW

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

"Reality continues to ruin my life"

Lurker
    Post Count
    My defense is 21,175 and my ally count is 376...

If I am in whale territory why would Funzio recognize the problem and say that it would be fixed in the next update?

Ved

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    CounterSnipe posted this a few days ago (hope u don't mind):

Lvl 92 w/ max allies

Can see from lvl 69 to lvl 115 and from 10 allies to 500 allies

I hope this will help u.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brown1 View Post
    Vedder, as well as your current defense, what is you ally count? I am curious as to what extent ally count impacts whale's ability to see you (I.e. If you have less allies does it delay when the whales see you)
    That was my experiment. I went down to 3 allies (I cut over 400 allies!!) ..took a long time

Here is the answer: while cutting allies low enuff will reduce the chance of whales seeing you, the problem is as follows - players with 2-3x your ally count can still see you. So if you have 5 allies, a guy with 15 allies can see you. And very occassally a guy with 50-60 will see you because maybe he refreshed 30x! These guys will effectively be your whale.

Skill points which are so effective at high allies are useless at low allies. Therefore you need a very high density of event or gem units as well as very high level upgrades of defense buildings for this strategy.
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Vedder, maybe it's hard by Funzio to keep happy both sides, one side want to hide from whales and the other side wants to have more rivals, what would u do if u where working in Funzio?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Wow Freekizh, thanks for the info. In your opinion is it safe to be with only 3 allies?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapl0 View Post
    Wow Freekizh, thanks for the info. In your opinion is it safe to be with only 3 allies?
    No it is not safe. I had all high quality armor and weapons and HP and event units but it was not enough. I needed another 1500D in defense building upgrades. You need 3500D+. I miscalculated on the skill points.

A very heavy gem player with defense building upgrades could do it though...
    Last edited by Freekizh; 06-24-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    That was my experiment. I went down to 3 allies (I cut over 400 allies!!) ..took a long time

Here is the answer: while cutting allies low enuff will reduce the chance of whales seeing you, the problem is as follows - players with 2-3x your ally count can still see you. So if you have 5 allies, a guy with 15 allies can see you. And very occassally a guy with 50-60 will see you because maybe he refreshed 30x! These guys will effectively be your whale.

Skill points which are so effective at high allies are useless at low allies. Therefore you need a very high density of event or gem units as well as very high level upgrades of defense buildings for this strategy.
    How does skill points for defense and offense work?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I hope u get ur answers soon Freekizh. I think that McDoc said in MW that a lot of defense in skill points give him some advantage, but maybe the rules are diferent from one game to another.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapl0 View Post
    I hope u get ur answers soon Freekizh. I think that McDoc said in MW that a lot of defense in skill points give him some advantage, but maybe the rules are diferent from one game to another.
    Yep. Plus this is a social game and low allies is no fun if people cannot visit you

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Lol, u r right milord!

Lurker
    Post Count
    HapIO, I guess if I were Funzio, I would aim to have a game that is fair and balanced for all players. If a player my level or a few up or down from my level takes me down and whips my tail, fair enough, they have played the game better than I have and perhaps invested in gems, etc. I have no issue getting outplayed by players my level, what I don`t understand is why players 30 levels higher with 40,000 a/d points are allowed to attack lower players. Where is the challenge? If they do hit those player for whatever reason, the benefit to doing so should be minimal.

This really isnt a whine, just trying to understand the reasoning and benefit to these guys preying on players that have no prayer in defending themselves.

I guess I entered whale territrory and I have to swim with the big sharks now!!

Ved
    574-083-260