Thar She Blows - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thar She Blows

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick-Clark1 View Post
    I've noticed that I'm not being attacked by the aggressive sharks anymore too. I'm at 126 allies and it was not an uncommon occurrence to get obliterated by people with 300+ allies a week ago. This seems to have stopped altogether now which is good, I actually have a reasonable chance of building my second Manor now
    Thats cause they are too busy swiping their parents credit card to buy more gems so they can get into the top 50 of the event.
    CC: Sold up and moved on
    KA: 227 478 302
    MW: 176 838 388

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
    Thats cause they are too busy swiping their parents credit card to buy more gems so they can get into the top 50 of the event.
    This is weird as I have been busy collecting boxes From PvP to see if it's feasible to make a run for top 50 - you need a frigging lot of boxes dude!

Maybe my theory is good - a lot of people think top 50 is too hard, and they don't bother to make a run and cruise on free play instead with PVE only?
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
    Ha yes probably! Judging by the top 50 leaders there is a lot of spending going on. How did the leader get 67 Vials?! Assuming he's opening with a magic key every time, you'd still need to burn through A LOT of boxes. Shows how valuable the Guardian Elemental is to some.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The leader also spent some gems to reset the timer.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterhan37 View Post
    The leader also spent some gems to reset the timer.
    You got that right. Lots and lots of resets.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterSniper View Post
    You got that right. Lots and lots of resets.
    I just can't see anyone being competitive without spending at least $500. I keep on doing the maths, and I think this is the absolute minimum.
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    I just can't see anyone being competitive without spending at least $500. I keep on doing the maths, and I think this is the absolute minimum.
    I agree, its likely the low end as you say.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Banned
    Post Count
    I'd suspect that they would be resetting their energy as soon as its depleted too.

Post Count
    Can anyone update us on when whale territory now begins? It seems with all the back to back events... everyone is probably leveling at a quicker rate... so I imagine the starting point for whale territory is probably going up pretty quickly... My plan is to keep questing and leveling... but at a slow enough pace to avoid entering whale territory.

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    Can anyone update us on when whale territory now begins? It seems with all the back to back events... everyone is probably leveling at a quicker rate... so I imagine the starting point for whale territory is probably going up pretty quickly... My plan is to keep questing and leveling... but at a slow enough pace to avoid entering whale territory.
    I'm now at level 80 and I am not seeing anyone really with impressive stats and am not being attacked much (touch wood, not tempting fate etc!!! )

I am not positive but maybe because the casulty rate seems to be so screwy, unless you have a very high stat army or a significant number of gem units, PvP is not worth it.

For example, the other day, out of curiosity and sheer bloody mindedness, I made 10 attacks against players with def stats less than half of my attack stats and still lost units totalling 20k gold - so back to pve and base building for me!

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    Yeah I'm at lvl 67 with 33k/33k A/D... but I don't PVP unless I think someone may have a lot of unvaulted cash (I usually don't hit unless their stat page shows 200k+ and even then sometimes it's all vaulted).. or if their defense is severely low.. like under 7k. Otherwise it's not worth me losing a 3600 coin flaming catapult.. since those make up most of my attack army.
    So I'm hoping I can still level thru the 70s and not come under attack from higher ups.

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    Yeah I'm at lvl 67 with 33k/33k A/D... but I don't PVP unless I think someone may have a lot of unvaulted cash (I usually don't hit unless their stat page shows 200k+ and even then sometimes it's all vaulted).. or if their defense is severely low.. like under 7k. Otherwise it's not worth me losing a 3600 coin flaming catapult.. since those make up most of my attack army.
    So I'm hoping I can still level thru the 70s and not come under attack from higher ups.
    You will be fine with those stats - I am 29k a/31k d with 245 allies and get attacked maybe once a day and haven't lost in 2 weeks and survived the 70's with no problems even though I kept a balance of about 200k in my vault.

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    So my question is. If you keep a low ally count, will you be in with people in your ally count bracket or because there are less players(?) everyone is grouped together and you are only giving yourself a disadvantage?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...361#post486361
    SKILL POINT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Shhhhhhh I can't let on that your really my favourite, keep this between you and me!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by marebear View Post
    So my question is. If you keep a low ally count, will you be in with people in your ally count bracket or because there are less players(?) everyone is grouped together and you are only giving yourself a disadvantage?
    It is a good question. I keep about 155 because the a/ d increase for adding more is only about 50 per person right now. I can see up to 200 at my level, but have no idea who can see me. Maybe I am better off with more.
    CC: Sold up and moved on
    KA: 227 478 302
    MW: 176 838 388

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by marebear View Post
    That's what I've done mostly too.. However now at Lvl 67 even with 151 allies I'm seeing ppl on my Battle List top 280+ allies.. So that's almost double mine. I'm gonna need to add more soon.