Tire Box Event: Log your progress here. - Page 23

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Tire Box Event: Log your progress here.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well I got 7 with in the first 24 hrs and that's the way it staid with in game cash only

Consistent Contributor Dangerous Greg's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelusion View Post
    I've heard 10 coming right after 9 a lot this event. Is 9 the most difficult for this event?
    I got the 9th fairly early in the game and for me the 10th was the bear! I spent just short of 3800 gold on this event. Bittersweet success I have to admit. I really thought this was a "must have" item for higher levels (am at 66,800 attack, 65,800 defense, lv 128). I have a good upper end vehicle inventory that could benefit from this prize. I'm really not sure if given the chance to do it over that I think the item was worth that much gold. This is especially true because I don't really know if I trust that this isn't a case of "The Emperor's New Clothes"! (Funzio please remember that the players must TRUST you in order to keep players engaged!)

A very serious CONGRATULATIONS for everyone that got the item because I think it was a tough one. Super Kudos for those that got the item with cash only! I honestly don't know how you do it!

I think with a cooler head now prevailing, that I often worry about some element in the game that makes it 100% impossible to get an item for a period of time. The code used must write to the server and/or my device some information that affects the outcome of an opening. We know that for some users (sometimes) there have been glitches that affect only certain users. For example, the gun safe event being carried over last event which is why Funzio extended the event. So, I often wonder if I need to restart my device before I have access to a #10 item. The truth is that I will never know the answer to most of these types of questions. I sure would like to know that do have a chance to get the final prize. None of us can ever know for certain if some of the openings have literally NO chance of yielding a prize.

There is a balance of success rate vs gold (or other effort spent) and player participation. It seems in my humble opinion that the frustration level with some of these events is such that more players will drop the game or stop spending gold. You see it all over the forum. (I won't spend gold on these events anymore because even if I do, I may very well not get a prize.)

Free players need a chance to get the prize as well. I wouldn't have it any other way. But it is frustrating when there are a significant number of free players that end up with the prize and for me (foolish gold spender) to end up with nothing. I spent about 2700 gold on the "Bank Buster" event and ended up with zilch. I kick myself because I think about all the crates I could have bought. (Even this statement has an element of the ridiculous! My perception of a "better value" for crates is laughable since this is still only a virtual reward)

Yes, there is an element of chance in these events but without knowing that I actually have a chance to get a prize with a given opening makes it difficult. It comes down to trust. Do I trust that Funzio has written code, properly implemented that code to execute my interests as well as their own. I know they want my money and I understand that. I just would like to know that the event is running as expected and that I always have a chance to win the event prize. Certainly, there are times that I don't feel that this is the case. No wonder for my doubt (as many others express frustration as well). When someone gets 7 event items the first day and nothing after that, I wonder if the code is operating correctly. For myself, after over 120 failures to get the 10th tire I really wondered if I had ANY chance at all for some or all of those failures. As it turns out, I ended up getting the last tire but not before I literally lost my temper out of frustration.

I hope Funzio is aware of the levels of frustration created in these events and how that has a negative impact on their long term interests to continue to build revenue from the players. My guess is that it is VERY counterproductive for them to lose a gold spender because of frustration. Do they gain more/player by pushing the boundaries of success given an increased player churn? How can we know?

Post Count
    Started off strong with 8 tires...stayed that way for the past 3.5 days and that's where I ended, even with spending some gold. Ugh...

Post Count
    I was happy - I got item 9 on my last box I opened

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Post Count
    Haha i had my 10/10 2 hours before the event was going to end!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rypezio View Post
    Haha i had my 10/10 2 hours before the event was going to end!
    Very nice! I've yet to get am item 10... but I'm happy if I get item 9... all those low lvl "gold" items add to my stats without having to spend gold...

Indian Groupie

Post Count
    Hi friends,
    Just logging in to put up what I experienced, for our group learning.
    I hit #9 with two days to go, and I thought it was a slam dunk. However, I did not get the #10 but lots of $25,000 cash prizes, batons, and a few 500 RP. I used only game cash, but the whole time I was "jonesing" to go buy itunes gift cards to buy gold.
    However, when I finally got to Best Buy on Sunday, the itunes gift card sale was over by one day.
    After reading all these posts, I am glad I didnt buy gold (althought I REALLY wanted to buy). If I had bought gold, I would have gotten the same stuff like Batons.

Is there some truth to turning off your phone and on again to get #10? I did not do that.
    How about Alice's method of using diffrent Wi-Fi spots? She was on a road trip and stopped by diffrent McDonald's and got 10 a few events ago.
    I do know that we should go H.A.M in the first 24 hours, drop rates are the best then. Thats what I did this time but then I got cocky and laid off a bit.

Oh well. We live and learn. But the emotional turmoil that we all go through is a sunova*****. and for all of us whos spouses do not play CC we just look like jerks who are always needing to go open a box every hour.

SIGH.

Sad face.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopajake View Post
    How about Alice's method of using diffrent Wi-Fi spots? She was on a road trip and stopped by diffrent McDonald's and got 10 a few events ago.
    I used about 6 different wi-fi spots (home, work, fat eat + good beer + nice pizza places) and a lot of different 2g&3g places during this event. But it did not help me to get more than 7 tires

Post Count
    All cash btw

Post Count
    Currently working on number 9.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    All this WIFI staff is non-sense..
    Are you a gangsters? No, we are Russians!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 7rs60 View Post
    Currently working on number 9.
    Nice... I'm working on item 12 right now...

Indian Groupie

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Had to give up due to a series of calls, texts. Couldn't keep game open/active at the same time.

I closed the event stuck on 8 for 28 hours after having been stuck at 7 for the better part of four days.

The kicker (drumroll) the last four chances I got... four opens.... four enhanced bikes.

Ughhh.