Tournament Rounds Completion! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tournament Rounds Completion!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    I agree - Some people see no honor in raiding buildings. It's pretty boring tactically unless you are trying to cutoff a rivals cash flow, but even then that's hard to do if they have 12/24/48 buildings. Better to go for PvP I think.
    Oh, I don't mind robbing buildings but they just don't really pay enough except for those 12, 24 & 48 hr bldgs which can be hard to come by and even then it depends on their lvl.

But people do get much more offended if you rob em, that's for sure.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterSniper View Post
    Oh, I don't mind robbing buildings but they just don't really pay enough except for those 12, 24 & 48 hr bldgs which can be hard to come by and even then it depends on their lvl.

But people do get much more offended if you rob em, that's for sure.
    Sometimes the abuse makes it funnier and gives a good excuse to go back!

I raided one guy and the abuse he left me meant I was sad enough to set a timer for his manors and every 48 hours went back and raided them again until I got bored!

Ave Atque Vale

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well, if you pick your targets you don't lose a lot.

Edit- Got curious so I did the math. I added up all of my HP units and they total 144,130 HP's. I'd say that's a pretty good ROI.

THAT's what I call impressive Have just got only 60+ cannons and some 40+ leftover assassins...at least for now

As to PvPs, I do them for all the reasons you mentioned, especially whenever unvaulted gold is concerned - just not in tournaments anymore - easy pickings, I guess...As to the raiding, my math is somewhat different there - as long as the unit loss/gold win balance is positive I would go for that - there mind be some less h points, but then the leveling up is slower, as well, so I could build up my strength a bit for each new level, but then - to everyone his own

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH View Post
    THAT's what I call impressive Have just got only 60+ cannons and some 40+ leftover assassins...at least for now

As to PvPs, I do them for all the reasons you mentioned, especially whenever unvaulted gold is concerned - just not in tournaments anymore - easy pickings, I guess...As to the raiding, my math is somewhat different there - as long as the unit loss/gold win balance is positive I would go for that - there mind be some less h points, but then the leveling up is slower, as well, so I could build up my strength a bit for each new level, but then - to everyone his own
    Yes, leveling isn't a concern for me so that isn't a consideration. I can appreciate that.

Once in the shark pool no need to worry about leveling anymore. 😃

Curious, what level are you?
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=CounterSniper;

Once in the shark pool no need to worry about leveling anymore. 😃

Curious, what level are you?[/QUOTE] 93 so far and seriously ambivalent about levelling up. On one hand - I do appreciate all the extra skill points I could get, on the other hand, all these talks about sharks make me somewhat queasy - not that I am worried of becoming a target myself that much - all in the vault and well diversified buildings...just concerned about running of easy targets myself when I hit the stratosphere - for the big leagues my mid 30s A/D is somewhat anemic

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickMunkey View Post
    Sometimes the abuse makes it funnier and gives a good excuse to go back!

I raided one guy and the abuse he left me meant I was sad enough to set a timer for his manors and every 48 hours went back and raided them again until I got bored!
    Yeah, I hit someone, don't even remember if it was a raid or attack but they posted on my wall that I was a cheater.
    Not being a cheater I was nonetheless curious as to source of that bit of reasoning and they came back with this whole I'm a free player and you used gems so you're a cheater.

I of course responded how players who support the game make it possible for freeloaders like her(just screwing w/ her, dont really think this) to play and call others cheaters just cuz she lost and explained that whining on others walls wasn't gonna win her friends.

Well over a 4 or 5 day period this person dropped over 2k in stats because she whined on many players walls calling them cheaters. I of course had to wait in line to hit her but did so with patience. She later posted that I misunderstood her. I continued the onslaught till she fell of my radar.

I play MW free and played CC free till level 100 but never once thought gold buyers were cheaters or ever considered crying on their walls. Some people gotta get a grip, but my diatribe aside, revenge is sweet and some of the hateful comments can be more fun than the action itself.
    Last edited by CounterSniper; 06-26-2012 at 04:37 AM.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    93 so far and seriously ambivalent about levelling up. On one hand - I do appreciate all the extra skill points I could get, on the other hand, all these talks about sharks make me somewhat queasy - not that I am worried of becoming a target myself that much - all in the vault and well diversified buildings...just concerned about running of easy targets myself when I hit the stratosphere - for the big leagues my mid 30s A/D is somewhat anemic
    93 you say? Well you're in the shark pool already. With your 30ish stats most won't bother you unless they are blind attacking.

There are too many with stats lower than yours to bother with plus a lot of the sharks are jockeying for position and trying to fortify their positions so they are not really engaging in a lot of offense right now. At least thats what I see going on.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    93 you say? Well you're in the shark pool already. With your 30ish stats most won't bother you unless they are blind attacking.

There are too many with stats lower than yours to bother with plus a lot of the sharks are jockeying for position and trying to fortify their positions so they are not really engaging in a lot of offense right now. At least thats what I see going on.
    Agree with that - was not attacked for weeks, if you don't count a couple blind retaliations by guys with much lower stats...the nice juicy targets with much lower stats then mine are getting somewhat difficult to get though...and the higher the level the tougher that would be, I guess...That why I slowed down a bit to beef up my forces...For someone with 144k honor points that is not a issue already, I suppose

Post Count
    Agree with that - was not attacked for weeks, if you don't count a couple blind retaliations by guys with much lower stats...the nice juicy targets with much lower stats then mine are getting somewhat difficult to get though...and the higher the level the tougher that would be, I guess...That why I slowed down a bit to beef up my forces...For someone with 144k honor points that is not a issue already, I suppose
    Yeah, I get visited by a couple sharks fairly regularly but never too bad.

No turning back for either of us.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    CounterSniper, I'm curious, how is your unit army sustainable? I know you must pvp like made to get that many honor points to buy all those units, but it seems like you would lose those units faster than you would generate more honor points to replenish them. Are you able to focus mainly on players with super low stats so you don't actually lose many units? Is there a cutoff where you actually won't lose any units? Such as a certain attack value/percentage over their defense? Personally I wouldn't have anything against that approach I just imagine it would be impossible for me to keep a large group of honor units like you have alive long enough to actually grow that large.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by d_nickels View Post
    CounterSniper, I'm curious, how is your unit army sustainable? I know you must pvp like made to get that many honor points to buy all those units, but it seems like you would lose those units faster than you would generate more honor points to replenish them. Are you able to focus mainly on players with super low stats so you don't actually lose many units? Is there a cutoff where you actually won't lose any units? Such as a certain attack value/percentage over their defense? Personally I wouldn't have anything against that approach I just imagine it would be impossible for me to keep a large group of honor units like you have alive long enough to actually grow that large.
    It's sustainable by selective targeting vs impetuos targeting.

Obviously the fact that I have them shows they are sustainable as I am doing CR's now.

And yes, if you pick your targets carefully taking into acct their a/d, stats, their unit composition, boost bldgs and equipment you can size em up rather fast. I realize a lot of KA players are new to funzio but I learned way back when with MW which I still play.

As Freekizh has discussed before, there are a lot of factors that go into efficient target acquisition. It really is pretty complicated.

As for unit losses that is complicated as well. You have to outfit your army in such a way so that you don't lose the expensive units all the time, I mostly lose the units that drop from PvP (mainly berserkers) and catapults if I lose units.
    Last edited by CounterSniper; 06-26-2012 at 04:34 AM.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Banned
    Post Count
    It's sustainable by selective targeting vs impetuos targeting.

As Freekizh has discussed before, there are a lot of factors that go into efficient target acquisition. It really is pretty complicated.
    I agree with this as well - which is why I usually keep a mental note of people that Ive attacked and had very low unit losses and keep attacking them for days to complete these quests. Sizing up the kingdom can help, but having attacked them prior helps a bit more.

Post Count
    You find the wounded gazelle and pounce.

@CounterSniper: They award the Honor units in order of rounds completion again? e.g Rogue to War Golem then Assassin to Cannon?
    Last edited by Hobtuse; 06-26-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    Monster Quest: Level 118 #106782356
    Stats: 295k/265k A/D // 1503 monsters army // >1300 Rares // 22k IPH

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobtuse View Post
    You find the wounded gazelle and pounce.
    Speaking of finding the slow one in the herd - found a great one this AM:

L81 @ 5.2k/5.2k 294 allies. Hard to believe their W/L is 389/8.5k Heh.

Post Count
    Who...Me?

Not sure, I keep forgetting to keep track.

I just knows its one every round instead of every 5 and i know for sure i just got a werewolve recently.

I'll try to pay attention. I swear.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!