Funzio please switch up the Event Common Loot Items

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funzio please switch up the Event Common Loot Items

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Funzio please switch up the Event Common Loot Items

At this point I think everybody is ready for some new event items to come out of opened boxes. I know higher level players are especially looking for changes because most of the items don't really add anything to our stats (especially if you have spent gold for items). Unless I am completely overwhelmed by the end prize item I no longer have any incentive to use gold to open or reset boxes (from a business standpoint this is not good for the company). Sure the end prize is a great item but the risk of getting 25K, EU Baton, Col vest, Enhanced bike even 125K doesn't give me the incentive to risk gold anymore.

Hopefully you have some new exciting developments in the future but if you don't can you add this to the list of needs / wants.

Thanks

Post Count
    I second that motion, your honor.

Post Count
    Yep, I've stopped risking gold opening boxes now as well, as 90% of the time it's something that provides no benefit at all. Respect and the event items 1-10 are the only good things left until changes are made IMO.

Throw in a sarin gas grenade, napalm, chain whip, exelero, or something worthwhile now and then if you wanna jazz it up. Attack explosives would be awesome despite the fact that they would eventually get used up. Even a short term benefit beats my 100th friggin baton!
    Last edited by Swingle007; 06-08-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    Swingle007 lvl 219 162k/188k IPH 4.2m/hr. 777 062 852 <----add me

Consistent Contributor Tony 432847666's Avatar
    Post Count
    Totally agree. Please change.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopajake View Post
    I second that motion, your honor.
    3rd.. and no last
    Are you a gangsters? No, we are Russians!

Post Count
    1.) The loot items should be tiered, as the main event reward items are so that low levels get items such as enhanced bike and EU security batons.

2.) The higher level loot should be marginally better than existing rewards.

3.) Treat the rewards a bit like crates, with common, uncommon and rare items. It is not a good idea to spend 15 gold and get a fair chance of getting a LOT of items that are not in line with other item prices, but it is fair to have a small chance of getting, say a 50/50 item (but not every time). I'm not sure if this is what is currently done.

There is balancing required here between rewarding gold and cash investment and flooding the game with an event based version of the M4a1.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post
    1.) The loot items should be tiered, as the main event reward items are so that low levels get items such as enhanced bike and EU security batons.

2.) The higher level loot should be marginally better than existing rewards.

3.) Treat the rewards a bit like crates, with common, uncommon and rare items. It is not a good idea to spend 15 gold and get a fair chance of getting a LOT of items that are not in line with other item prices, but it is fair to have a small chance of getting, say a 50/50 item (but not every time). I'm not sure if this is what is currently done.

There is balancing required here between rewarding gold and cash investment and flooding the game with an event based version of the M4a1.
    I could get on board with this. I'm at a point where I don't hate the items I'm getting. They've raised my floor substantially, but if I had a fleet of top-top respect point items (only lvl 88 for me, now), I'd definitely be sick of getting these things by now.

I think the items should be a step up from what's the above average player would have or do what they're doing for me... providing depth, so that when I add henchmen, they have more impact.

What would you like to see instead?
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Everything in post #6.

Banned
    Post Count
    CCM,

Even if you use items that have been used before, I think many people just like seeing something different.

Maybe category specific events would be neat. Only melee items one event, armor for another, etc.

Things we have seen before like FBI vans and Pimp's Lowriders are better than the stuff we see in every single one of the past several events.

Consumable explosives would also be better than a fail to open.

Just some suggestions.

Post Count
    The loot quality is okay for < 120, IMO. For big stat people it will have less of an impact, but on average the current items for this level will have a reasonable impact. An explosive item would be good, though!

For > 120, the minimum stats, imo, should be around that of the mid tier respect items. You may want to also add a separate tier for > 160, as there is more stat differences between these levels as there are between 1 an 120.

There should be uncommon items that have equivalent stats to high level RP items, which should drop at 20% of the rate of the base level items. (ie for every 5 EU batons, a player would get, say 1 admin baton)

On top of this, there should be some items obtainable that are equivalent of the 9 item reward. The drop rates should be such that a player may obtain 1-2 per event.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I like the idea about if spending gold to open you have a chance to possibly get some kind of crate item but I can see where you might have issues with it. For the highest tier maybe you can replace the items with the items that drop from the end bosses in Octagon Alley or the Black Market? You can rotate those items because most of those items still give a positive stat increase. The 25K or 125K items that popped up when I used gold in the past would be the most frustrating so I am all for getting rid of cash at the highest tier.

Post Count
    I totally agree with everybody...

Since the events are non stopable for quite a while, loot items should be altered...

I would like to have the chance to win a m4 a1 for example since I did not have the time to farm for it...

You could also recycle the lower rank items from past events...
    HTC veteran

Consistent Contributor Lionheart3239's Avatar
    Post Count
    CCM, is it possible to add like a fourth open option (desperate measure), Where it is guaranteeing you to get the final prize, granted I know it will be costly. But many would pick that option, instead of being discouraged to use gold because you still might not get the final prize using the other methods.

With the loot what about bringing the M4A1 gun, or something from past events but at low rates.
    Or you could enhance the prize we get when gold is used, (like a better loot or more power/defense, money, etc....)

Just suggestions.... Let me know what you think.

Post Count
    You should change them to something like:

Norwegian Security Baton 1/1
    Crashed Bike 0/1
    Ice Pick 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart3239 View Post
    CCM, is it possible to add like a fourth open option (desperate measure), Where it is guaranteeing you to get the final prize, granted I know it will be costly. But many would pick that option, instead of being discouraged to use gold because you still might not get the final prize using the other methods.

With the loot what about bringing the M4A1 gun, or something from past events but at low rates.
    Or you could enhance the prize we get when gold is used, (like a better loot or more power/defense, money, etc....)

Just suggestions.... Let me know what you think.
    You should add a 4th one that would be:

Use 25 Coffer for 100% chance to open 1 Coffer.

CC: 189k/173k
    Without syndicate

MW: 817 804 062