Funzio Kingdom Age - You CANT win

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funzio Kingdom Age - You CANT win

Lurker
    Post Count

Exclamation Funzio Kingdom Age - You CANT win

I started playing this addictive game and quickly thought I could get ahead buying some of the diamond units. This meant buying diamonds, lots of diamonds. I thought spending $49 would give me a pretty good lead in the game...hello! Wake up. I spent $100 for 1500 gems. Within days I realized Funzio wasn't going to be satisfied with $100, they want you to act like youre in VEGAS and keep the $$$$$ flowing!!!!
    This program isn't made to let you win anything! When you think you're winning, your units are dropping like flies. When you spend $25k to build up your attack/defense points, you only get a percentage of the points you are buying. I have been documenting this with screen shots and have over 2000 shots of the how we get cheated with every play we make.
    Funzio needs a new name...Vampzio to indicate they are gonna suck you dry!

Anyone else see this scam rigged excuse for programming? And they have pushed it to FB now!
    Funzio isn't the only rigged gamer programming gone bad out there. I've seen lots of others but haven't been taken in like I have with Kingdom Age.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    If you don't get enjoyment out of the game, then don't play. No one is forcing you to play or spend real $. I get frustrated at times playing this game, but it's still fun, that's why I keep playing.

Post Count
    Hi KR and welcome to the forum.

There are people here who could probably provide advice on gem purchases in hindsight - we will probably need a gem guide at some point. Even if you spent $100, I think you still need to work on it (and be rewarded for your efforts) rather than expect to give you an instantaneous lead when people have been playing the game for awhile now. The game is free as Jeff said.

Perhaps if you can describe your gem purchases, people can explain to you how your purchase affected your stats, and how you can increase allies to get the full effect.
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

Quote Originally Posted by King Robert View Post
    When you spend $25k to build up your attack/defense points, you only get a percentage of the points you are buying. I have been documenting this with screen shots and have over 2000 shots of the how we get cheated with every play we make.
    You can only bring a certain amount of units / weapons to a fight, so when you get a new one it replaces an old one. That means that if you buy a 10 attack unit and it replaces a 2 attack unit, you're only seeing an 8 attack gain. That is likely the reason for your issue there.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Post Count
    Wow - now thats instantaneous customer service!

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

Banned
    Post Count
    Someone has a clear mis-understanding at how this game is played.

I haven't spent a cent on the game (outside of electricity to run it) and Ive been having fun. It'll get boring eventually, but thats like most things. I don't think this is some large scam that sucks money out of you - quite a few people are playing well without spending a penny.

BTW: Im thankful for Funzio offering a free play option along with a cash option to speed things up for those inclined.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    My view is, for the most part, you are going to be matched up to people with similar stats regardless if you spend money or not, so unless you just impatient than why bother putting out cash. I've never spent a dime on the game so if I lose some gold or units, who really cares, it's all about having a litte fun and killing some time anyway. You can't spend your way into to glory

Post Count
    Well gem units are really beneficial - its just that people have to work out how to use them properly. Too many free guys poo poo gem spenders unnecessarily. Gem players help support the game guys, not Funzio.

A properly built gem army can go to town on you all day, everyday and leave you like a wreck. With high density gem units with zero casualties, lots of cheap gold units - they have nothing to fear. When you start to do a PvP tournament event when you have to do 24 attacks per hour with a 3K economy with a large gold army and see your army wiped out or halved in stats, you'll see what I mean
    Last edited by Freekizh; 06-08-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Verbose Veteran The_Legend_Shall_Live_On's Avatar
    Post Count
    I have to make a plug here on this particular titled thread -- until smart phones came out and the internet, there were no video games on the planet (barring going to a friend's house) that you could play for free. The fact that you can pick up a game that costs about 30X to make and maintain compared to what games use to cost to make and you can play it almost FOREVER for FREE I find pretty awesome.

And if you really look at everything to hand in the game, you could spend money to get the awesome, all-powerful units and maybe end up that much stronger in a shorter time period, but also the game is set up with pretty balanced units making free players just needing to spend 2x time but potentially just as powerful. And with a great strategy in place, a free player could get almost as powerful as a money spender in 1.5x the time.

I myself have been playing for about a month, level 38, Attack at 11k, defense at 15k. Yes, I bought some chests, but less than $100 worth, and I knew what I was getting into.

So have fun with something that is FREE to you, and costs Funzio/GREE over $20k/mo in manpower to maintain. <-------- this is a guess as to actual cost. I do not work for Funzio/GREE, nor do I intend to represent them in any way. I happen to recruit for the industry, so I have a good idea (though not nearly a complete idea) of what goes on within such a company.
    Last edited by The_Legend_Shall_Live_On; 06-08-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Since April 2012

And for laughs...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Awesome overall

I think Kingdom age is pretty fun to play overall...Fools and their money are soon parted...I haven't spent a cent on this game and NEVER will. After I started the game, my son was playing with it up to level 20...then I took over when he started playing Crime city...now at lvl 51, I have $3,400 per hour...attack 13,700, and defend 14,600...which is strong enough to fend off most lvl 51/52 players...I don't battle (too much) and either the few stronger players beat me and get 0 Gold and perhaps a unit or two every few days, or someone doesn't look at my stats before they attack...and they end up losing 500 to 1,000 gold and just go away...(I always go back into their stats to see that they have just, say 8,000 attack and 7,000 defend...then I pound them into the ground to rub salt again just for trying)...LOL then they request a ally within the day...The only thing that I find is NOT fair on Finzio's part is the extra events where you find boxes then open them to find gems for example...The option to open a box for free being 'low' chance I can understand...but to make you spend $1,300 gold on a 'fair' chance (that isn't fair) is total BS....Last event I opened over 30 boxes and got 2 gems...that's not a 'FAIR' chance at all!!! IT's BS!!! Time to fix your programing kids!! Now I just open for free...and if I get even 1 powerful unti...cool, if not...I can spend the 75,000 or so Golds on a ton of the highest units in the game and be farther ahead...play smarter...spend less.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think Kingdom age is pretty fun to play overall...Fools and their money are soon parted...I haven't spent a cent on this game and NEVER will. After I started the game, my son was playing with it up to level 20...then I took over when he started playing Crime city...now at lvl 51, I have $3,400 per hour...attack 13,700, and defend 14,600...which is strong enough to fend off most lvl 51/52 players...I don't battle (too much) and either the few stronger players beat me and get 0 Gold and perhaps a unit or two every few days, or someone doesn't look at my stats before they attack...and they end up losing 500 to 1,000 gold and just go away...(I always go back into their stats to see that they have just, say 8,000 attack and 7,000 defend...then I pound them into the ground to rub salt again just for trying)...LOL then they request a ally within the day...The only thing that I find is NOT fair on Finzio's part is the extra events where you find boxes then open them to find gems for example...The option to open a box for free being 'low' chance I can understand...but to make you spend $1,300 gold on a 'fair' chance (that isn't fair) is total BS....Last event I opened over 30 boxes and got 2 gems...that's not a 'FAIR' chance at all!!! IT's BS!!! Time to fix your programing kids!! Now I just open for free...and if I get even 1 powerful unti...cool, if not...I can spend the 75,000 or so Golds on a ton of the highest units in the game and be farther ahead...play smarter...spend less.

Post Count
    Yes actually there is a way to win.

Quit.
    1 thing I really hate.

1. Stealing tonyspaghettti's sig idea.

Consistent Contributor rareay84's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King Robert View Post
    This program isn't made to let you win anything!
    I'm having a hard time feeling pity for you here, king. Blow a bunch of bucks on a game that you don't know how to play, and then get ticked off when you're not immediately crowned Mr.-Better-Than-Everyone-Else? Yeah, I'll go call the waambulance.

Anyone else see this scam rigged excuse for programming?
    Not really. I see someone who's vague and poorly formed expectations aren't being met, and now he's blaming everyone but himself.
    You should add me because my mamma sez I'm pretty.
    CC: 590 850 549
    MW: 847 218 998
    KA: 171 174 158

Lurker
    Post Count

Thumbs down Bull sh.... I was in top two fifty and didn't get my prize spent lots of cash too get

Bull sh.... I was in top two fifty and didn't get my prize spent lots of cash too get

Post Count
    @Leanidas
    What position in the top 250 when leaderboard froze?
    How many compasses did you have at the end of the event?
    Have you tried powering off and then on your iPad/iPhone and restarting KA?

Remember that if you were near the tail end of the leaderboard, you may have been bumped off at the last stage by other players. Also, at a given position, there may have been other players with an equal number of compasases and in line with the rules, the tie will be decided by the levels of the players.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch