How are we supposed to warn people? - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How are we supposed to warn people?

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Oni View Post
    Ban me now.

OK forum Fig has retired from the forum.
    Okay, sure. Since you asked so politely.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Post Count
    @Fig Oni

Please reconsider. You have many friends on the forum that will greatly miss you.
    GREE(D) is trying to put the fun back into Funzio.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoke View Post
    So if I'm not mistaking Mark only CC has rights and we have to listen otherwise we get banned ?!?
    I don't have special rights. I have authority as the person who administrates the forums. You, as users of this free service has access. You also have policy that you are asked to abide by. Should you not abide by the policy it is within our purview to amend or revoke (temporarily or permanently) access to the service. You have rights as citizens of your respective countries that protect you from illegal activity, which isn't going on here.

Lurker
    Post Count
    So if I'm not mistaking Mark only CC has rights and we have to listen otherwise we get banned ?!?
    Yes, this is correct. They are a private business and you are on their forums. You have no rights.

You are also playing their game, and the agreement that you didn't read and accepted says that they can refuse to serve you at their will as well.

Edit: Damnit...Mark stole my thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingle007 View Post
    In before the lock. :-)

I miss the good old days of IBTL. No, I'm not locking this thread. I may split it into another thread about discussing what can and can't happen on the forums, since it seems like a lot of people are confused / mistaken. If people want to have a polite discussion about the state of the forums, that's cool. I'm down. If people want to freak out and rail about bans and why we haven't banned X person they hate or go on about their own bans, I'll kill the thread.

Post Count
    Let's all cool down a bit and let civility and maturity take over here.
    "Death is the only Truth, everything else is a lie that needs to be Challenged" ~me

CC 713 326 852

Quote Originally Posted by Dr BoneCrusher View Post
    Let's all cool down a bit and let civility and maturity take over here.
    Sounds like a really good plan to me.

Post Count
    And so are "The Days of our Lives".
    Proud member of HTC White!!!

Post Count
    Polite thread about what is allowed to be discussed on the forums without fear of locks, deletes, or bans sounds like a great idea CCM. Wasn't sure if IBTL would be understood by all...lol guess now it'll be GTCBL (glad this can't be locked). :-)

Name changes, impersonations, etc can create serious in-game consequences for many of us. Hopefully CC devs and admins can recognize that and institute some penalties for those who try to manipulate the system to create havoc.
    Last edited by Swingle007; 06-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Swingle007 lvl 219 162k/188k IPH 4.2m/hr. 777 062 852 <----add me

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    I don't have special rights. I have authority as the person who administrates the forums. You, as users of this free service has access. You also have policy that you are asked to abide by. Should you not abide by the policy it is within our purview to amend or revoke (temporarily or permanently) access to the service. You have rights as citizens of your respective countries that protect you from illegal activity, which isn't going on here.
    In your last few msgs, it sure looked like you have a lot of rights or maybe you like the power nobody has in this game.....it has to stay normal....when you can't ask a question or the answer is "one more time and I'll ban your account" I looks like a Nazi move....

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Ahhh Fig

So, go ahead. Ask away. I'll give you a basic primer:

Your rights:

Inalienable: Anything your government gives to protect you, as citizens.
    Granted by us: Posting, viewing access.

Our rights:

Inalienable: Anything granted by the US Constitution.
    Other: Complete ownership of the forums, all content on the forums, and all accounts on the forums.

In your last few msgs, it sure looked like you have a lot of rights or maybe you like the power nobody has in this game.....it has to stay normal....when you can't ask a question or the answer is "one more time and I'll ban your account" I looks like a Nazi move....
    Godwins Law. Don't play the Nazi card unless you've found evidence of me committing ethnic genocide, thanks. If someone makes a post in violation of our posting guidelines and I tell them that if they do it again they'll get a ban, that's a warning. That's me being nice instead of just straight away banning them for violating the rules.

You're welcome to ask me anything you want as long as it doesn't violate the posting guidelines. Since it seems like some people need a reminder, here is the stuff that is taboo (Pertinent ones in bold):

Advertise any product and / or service
    Discuss locked threads or staff / moderator disciplinary actions
    Discuss unreleased or Staging content that has not been posted or previewed
    Engage in religious or political discussion
    Flame, Troll, or otherwise be a nuisance
    Go off topic
    Hijack, Spam, or Necro a thread
    Insult or deride any player or staff member
    POST ALL IN CAPS
    Post any content or engage in discussion about non-Funzio games
    Post any form of nudity or sexual content
    Post any form or racist or discriminatory content
    Reveal your or anyone else's personal information
    Swear or use any obscenities

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Mark half of those are done by so many players everyday. Don't you think we need a full time moderator to monitor the forum.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    You're welcome to ask me anything you want as long as it doesn't violate the posting guidelines.
    Is there any chance of you spending a bit of time with us when you get a quieter day for an AMA?

That was the best thing that you have ever done on the forum.