Water Temple of Healing - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Temple of Healing

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss Of Death View Post
    Thanks that makes more sense and I will check it out on th enext upgrade. And yes 9/10 is most for me as well.
    Thanks for the replies, but I am still not sure paying $30,000 for a building that will give me only 2% health is worth it.
    Isn't spending that money on low casualty army units a better value.?

Along these same discussion lines, how many of you have upgraded your blacksmith significantly? Are you seeing the advantages of that upgrade?
    Thanks everyone.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well, for a free player as myself is every boost a welcome boost .

So yes, for me it's worth it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Njwmrb View Post
    You are neglecting the fact that you have no data to disprove that it works, so the baseline assumption would be that it DOES work until disproven.
    I did not say if it did or didnt work - I asked you if you have data. Again you are naive if you think there havent been people that took the effort to confirm or analyze this scientifically by logging data before making broad unequivocal statements.

And yes, I have tested this in a number of different ways. But obviously, this is impossible from your pov and anyway who cares because its so obvious how this all works, right?
    Last edited by Freekizh; 06-04-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    I used to think this was a good idea, until they're giving out a monster in the gem game with 20% fewer casualties, which is effectively 100s of thousands of gold to upgrade this stupid thing to.

Also, while I have no calculations - I notice 0 delta from mine after upgrading to 2.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    I did not say if it did or didnt work - I asked you if you have data. Again you are naive if you think there havent been people that took the effort to confirm or analyze this scientifically by logging data before making broad unequivocal statements.

And yes, I have tested this in a number of different ways. But obviously, this is impossible from your pov and anyway who cares because its so obvious how this all works, right?

Alright Freekizh, if you collect a sample size of 100 tests before and after the treatment while holding every other value constant (same ally size, same attack score, same opposing army def score, same units) and there is no significant difference then I will agree with you. Otherwise lets all just assume it does what it is supposed to do, I mean are you going to start questioning whether everything on this game is as it says? Does a Lvl 2 manor really have a 30k output? Do Lvl 10 breeding dens really produce dragons?

It's ridiculous that you expect me to have data to CONFIRM something, if I was claiming that it did not work then you would expect data to support my claim
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    You crack me up dude - I thought it was impossible to test this right? I mean no one has ever built low casualty unit armies or sold their infirmaries and then rebuilt them (or asked support to put them back in because it was sold "accidently"). Its impossible to test these things.

I mean casualty rate must equal unit losses right? They are the same right? Funzio is so obvious - thats why the remain silent all the time on these issues.
    Last edited by Freekizh; 06-04-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

Post Count
    They remain silent on the issues because they are lazy, they don't bother reading these boards that's why they never make any of the great improvements that people suggest. But to scientifically test something every other value has to remain constant which is not realistic.
    Last edited by Njwmrb; 06-04-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Free player
    726-176-397

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Njwmrb View Post
    They remain silent on the issues because they are lazy, they don't bother reading these boards that's why they never make any of the great improvements that people suggest. But to scientifically test something every other value has to remain constant which is not realistic.
    I think they remain silent because its a small staff who are busy creating content not following the chatter on the boards. Plus, perhaps they're living it up on their recent acquisition.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Red View Post
    I think they remain silent because its a small staff who are busy creating content not following the chatter on the boards. Plus, perhaps they're living it up on their recent acquisition.
    This could be - but I do believe they do read the boards regularly and do occasionally respond with tips (on CC and MW), but are never really outright because I believe this is part of the "surprise and delight" of the game. Plus they need to tweak the parameters of the game every now and then without being accused of outright misrepresentation.

Its not unusual for actual unit losses to change dramatically every now and then as they tweak the PvP engine.
    Last edited by Freekizh; 06-04-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    Its not unusual for actual unit losses to change dramatically every now and then as they tweak the PvP engine.
    Which is why these discussions are, for me at any rate, sort of amusing and pointless. All this "strategy" can be undone with one change of code by Funzio staff if they consider it unbalanced and move to correct it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I like freekizh! You like debate. Haha. It's amusing. But I will have to say I agree with everyone's opinion. You can't have a control that is a true control. Everything is different with every rival. There can not be a true test of data to support or not. Unless you know how to hack the programming commands of KA. Then you can see exactly what they have coded for specific variables. Which I can ALMOST guarantee you is not constant. Does it work or not? I would say yes. A percentage of the time it will be programmed to execute a constant. Which may very well be the 2% or whatever. But it will also have a variable that all programmers put in code. The variable may be that a certain percentage of the time the reduction is .009%[22%] and 2.99%[22%] So most of the time 56% you get the 2% but 22% of the time it either better or 22% it's worse. This code makes a live loop that keeps everything from repeating. Anyway. You get the point? Do I think it works at 2% (or whatever it is) all the time? Absolutely not. But without a doubt, it works at 2%.
    I don't think they are lazy either. They know what we want. But they will, like any business, will wait to UPGRADE, to a better version. This keeps everyone waiting for better. They like the "surprises". But they don't like the negativity. They don't want us to know the game as a constant and this monster drops this loot every third kill. It's always going to be a variable to stuff like that. That's why they added new loot at different drop rates and now at different levels. They have added yet even more variables because with all the ones that were already in place, were being decoded faster than they anticipated.
    I have killed 30 monsters without a loot drop. Then turned around and killed 23 from a different map with 18 loot drops. Now that is a huge variable. I have attacked rivals who sit at 3.8k def with my off at 9.2k and have still lost a unit each of the five attacks. Yet I can attack someone with 7.2k def and not lose a unit for 3 attacks. Enjoy the game for what it's worth. A game.

Oh and yes, same (very similar) program structure yet different variables and constants. That's my $.02.
    Freeplayer!
    Scotty 166-501-419
    Pm with game name please.

Post Count
    There is always a way. Only those who say its impossible never find out the truth. You can control many variables by attacking the exact same player or similar ally bracket. I was going to suggest to Fisk to put this into this into his spreadsheet. There are many players with zero or level 1 temple so easy to build a control sample for that. Dont be a naysayer without trying your best otherwise you will always be behind Learn some Method folks.

For those who think you can't control for A/D score you are very very ignorant! Always someone is right and someone is imprecise. Do not confuse correlation with causality.

There are some rare folks who have 50% reduction in casualties and do not notice the difference. This can only be understood with hard data.
    Last edited by Freekizh; 06-05-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I'm not saying you can't find out. Because you can. But you must realize that in order to get the exact data you must have a constant base line. Which if someone wanted could do this for you. They could not buy or loot or level up anything. And only keep the exact same numbers of same def buildings and same units. This is very reasonable to do. It would just take some time. But are you willing to go through all that just to get some data about a building. And of course a little more understanding of the game? I personally don't have the time or desire. But I do like your motivation to learn! Can't knock that. Because I do enjoy the spreadsheet! It has helped. But I don't have enough want to worry about doing one as detailed myself. So, I hope you can put some numbers to this matter before they decide to throw in some more different variables. Good luck. And I'll help out if need be. But you will need lots of help with lots of test. And remember, don't get pissed if your results turn up inconclusive. Lol.
    Freeplayer!
    Scotty 166-501-419
    Pm with game name please.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoty422 View Post
    I'm not saying you can't find out. Because you can. But you must realize that in order to get the exact data you must have a constant base line. Which if someone wanted could do this for you. They could not buy or loot or level up anything. And only keep the exact same numbers of same def buildings and same units. This is very reasonable to do. It would just take some time. But are you willing to go through all that just to get some data about a building. And of course a little more understanding of the game? I personally don't have the time or desire. But I do like your motivation to learn! Can't knock that. Because I do enjoy the spreadsheet! It has helped. But I don't have enough want to worry about doing one as detailed myself. So, I hope you can put some numbers to this matter before they decide to throw in some more different variables. Good luck. And I'll help out if need be. But you will need lots of help with lots of test. And remember, don't get pissed if your results turn up inconclusive. Lol.
    Bud I already have done this. For naysayers and uninterested folks like you I don't care - I only contribute to those who are interested in understanding things scientifically instead of .."trust me".

Again defense buildings etc contribute to A/D..again you are totally ignorant. Save yourself.

Post Count
    Dude you are the one to be rude and arrogant. I am saying you are ignorant because:

1) you dismiss all attempts to be scientific
    2) you provide nothing constructive
    3) you say this is a small thing when it is actually not - is the mechanics of casualties irrelevant thought the thread is called "water temple"? Do you now how many damn threads and queries I get on this?
    4) etc etc

I am spending time being constructive and you are calling me ignorant? LOL

I have these debates all the time - and always I find I have to beat the crap out of c*ckblockers like u.