Water Temple of Healing

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Temple of Healing

Post Count

Water Temple of Healing

Is this or the other building boosts worth it?
    I am hesitant to purchase space over water that can only be used for a WTH.
    It will cost me $19,000 for the space in the water and another $12,000 for the Temple. For what? 2 % healing? Then thousands of money in gold needed for upgrades?

Post Count
    I have at level 3, but now over 50,000 to got to level 4.... 3% per level so assume max 30%, but I cant see any diff. I attack with 16900 attack, against say 13000 defence and every time I lose 2-3 units! where's my 10% saving... and most of those are medium and highs but still... and will this 10 item challenge properly stack with the temple...? Assuming I get it which I doubt. Where do you see the boosts for 'power' or attack... my larger units don't have higher stats than anyone else despite 4-6 % 'increases'... my attack score doesn't jump with each upgrade either... so is it working or not?

I wish Funzio would be a tad more open on combat calculations so us more dedicated players can really get into it!
    Danger Close
    Top 250 Faction: 890879030
    CRIME CITY : PVP Addicts
    Top 250 Syndicate : Invite code 182973555

Post Count
    Hi King David. I think it is a matter of opinion. Most players that I have seen do have the boost buildings; I have all of them as well. IMO, I'd rather have a 2% boost than nothing.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King David View Post
    Is this or the other building boosts worth it?
    I am hesitant to purchase space over water that can only be used for a WTH.
    It will cost me $19,000 for the space in the water and another $12,000 for the Temple. For what? 2 % healing? Then thousands of money in gold needed for upgrades?
    I think you were one of my first allies... I have you in at leat one of the 3 games anyway...
    Danger Close

Post Count
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss Of Death View Post
    I have at level 3, but now over 50,000 to got to level 4.... 3% per level so assume max 30%, but I cant see any diff. I attack with 16900 attack, against say 13000 defence and every time I lose 2-3 units! where's my 10% saving... and most of those are medium and highs but still... and will this 10 item challenge properly stack with the temple...? Assuming I get it which I doubt. Where do you see the boosts for 'power' or attack... my larger units don't have higher stats than anyone else despite 4-6 % 'increases'... my attack score doesn't jump with each upgrade either... so is it working or not?

I wish Funzio would be a tad more open on combat calculations so us more dedicated players can really get into it!
    How many allies do you have? that is the strongest factor in unit casulty and you need to take that into account. My Water Temple is lvl 5 (currently being upgraded to 6) and I do notice a difference, I'd like to get 10 gems from this event to stack with it but I'm not putting to much faith in that as I've been a part of numerous of these events and never gotten past 9.

As for the other boost building, you have to realize 2% is not a high percent so its not going to be a considerable boost. if you have 16900 attack agreed at least 6k of that is armor and weapons? And probably not all of your units are of the same type so lets say 50% are. That leaves 5450 of your attack score potentially boosted by that building, so if it is Lvl 1 then the boost is only going to give you 109 extra points.

(16900-6000)(0.5)(0.02)=109
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Njwmrb View Post
    My Water Temple is lvl 5 (currently being upgraded to 6) and I do notice a difference.
    There are guys with 20% casualty reduction units who do not notice a difference, and you are saying you notice a 10% difference. There are a lot of folks in MW with level 5+ infirmaries (myself included). Do you have tracking data to support this?

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

Post Count
    15%, it goes by 3's so no one has 20%... and no I don't track data because I don't have time for that. I have just noticed a significant difference in casualties but that is also coupling with the fact that my army is all seige towers now as opposed to battling rams so my attack is usually 40-50% higher than my opponents defense.
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    15%, it goes by 3's so no one has 20%... and no I don't track data because I don't have time for that. I have just noticed a significant difference in casualties but that is also coupling with the fact that my army is all seige towers now as opposed to battling rams so my attack is usually 40-50% higher than my opponents defense.
    Is not the prize a 20% casualty reduction? I'm saying that many folks have this prize in MW. I'm throwing out the counterpoint that many variables affect casualties and you need to control for these variables, and "feel" does not replace hard cold data.

Post Count
    MW is a completely different game, how are you going to incorporate data from that into this? And I did not say "feel" I said "notice". Noticing something implies it is actually happening and you are aware of its existence, feeling something is what these people that doubt the boost's ability are doing. Why would Funzio lie about it? They don't gain from your units dying in battle.
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    MW is a completely different game, how are you going to incorporate data from that into this? And I did not say "feel" I said "notice". Noticing something implies it is actually happening and you are aware of its existence, feeling something is what these people that doubt the boost's ability are doing. Why would they lie about it?
    It's not a question of lie dude. It's a question of bias you don't notice unless you have data. If you think the designers built a completely different engine just for KA then you are naive dude.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    It's not a question of lie dude. It's a question of bias you don't notice unless you have data. If you think the designers built a completely different engine just for KA then you are naive dude.
    My data would be worthless because there are two variables, the upgrading of my water temple coincided with the upgrade of my army. And are you really going to make an argument that you need data to notice something? A 5 year old could pick that apart.

I edited that post because I was not questioning other players lying I was questioning the reasoning of Funzio lying about the ability of the building.
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    My data would be worthless because there are two variables, the upgrading of my water temple coincided with the upgrade of my army. And are you really going to make an argument that you need data to notice something? A 5 year old could pick that apart.

I edited that post because I was not questioning other players lying I was questioning the reasoning of Funzio lying about the ability of the building.
    Okay I can see that you are neither a very inquisitive or precise fellow, so there's no point in having a scientific discussion with you on the topic.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    Okay I can see that you are neither a very inquisitive or precise fellow, so there's no point in having a scientific discussion with you on the topic.
    You can just say you give up.

I am actually both of those things just not over things that don't matter. I'm not going to put the effort into tracking data to prove that a code works, my time is more valuable than that. If Funzio set a variable to execute a function, that's what it is going to do. You are neglecting the fact that you have no data to disprove that it works, so the baseline assumption would be that it DOES work until disproven.
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    How many allies do you have? that is the strongest factor in unit casulty and you need to take that into account. My Water Temple is lvl 5 (currently being upgraded to 6) and I do notice a difference, I'd like to get 10 gems from this event to stack with it but I'm not putting to much faith in that as I've been a part of numerous of these events and never gotten past 9.

As for the other boost building, you have to realize 2% is not a high percent so its not going to be a considerable boost. if you have 16900 attack agreed at least 6k of that is armor and weapons? And probably not all of your units are of the same type so lets say 50% are. That leaves 5450 of your attack score potentially boosted by that building, so if it is Lvl 1 then the boost is only going to give you 109 extra points.

(16900-6000)(0.5)(0.02)=109
    Thanks that makes more sense and I will check it out on th enext upgrade. And yes 9/10 is most for me as well.
    Danger Close