GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: skill points?

Lurker
    Post Count

skill points?

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new here, been lurking for a month or so. So here is my question, is it worth putting skill points into attack? I'm currently level 91 with 56 stamina and 1700 energy, I'm no longer putting any more into energy, only stamina now. Is there a good time to stop pouring it into stamina? I read some people in the forums with 300 attack (including black widow). Any input would be awesome!

Post Count
    IIRC the consensus is that that putting skill points into attack or defence is pointless...questionable at best. Continue upping stamina - 100 at least IMO (I only got to 89 and wish I had more)...I would build on energy also towards 2500-3000 range. Even if you're not doing maps the energy is useful at the start of an event as a menas to obtain event boxes top open when there are few around via PvP.
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Level 250 Income Per Hour $146,248,304 Mafia 500
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age
    Level 232 Income Per Hour 181,242 Gold Allies 497
    Attack 2,303,184,218 Defence 1,626,489,130 Battles Won 97,313 Raids Won 39,171

Lurker
    Post Count
    Sweet, that was exactly what I was thinking, wanted some clarification. Thanks!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I like my setup at 2000 energy and 100 stamina, I put 55 points into defense which turned out to be pointless. I'm sitting at 344 attack with the bank buster and black widow.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Euchred View Post
    I like my setup at 2000 energy and 100 stamina, I put 55 points into defense which turned out to be pointless. I'm sitting at 344 attack with the bank buster and black widow.
    So would you say it was a waste to put the 144 into attack that you put in?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kelpjuice View Post
    So would you say it was a waste to put the 144 into attack that you put in?
    Not really I don't see the point of putting my energy and stamina any higher but to each his own. So attack is all that's left

Post Count
    I suggest putting it into stamina so you can take more money off others and upgrade your hood income. 15k is low for lvl 91

Lurker
    Post Count
    Yeah thats what I'm trying to do right now. I didn't camp at all starting off, although now I am sort of crawling, just attacking for thug life goals and robbing.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kelpjuice View Post
    is it worth putting skill points into attack? Is there a good time to stop pouring it into stamina? I read some people in the forums with 300 attack (including black widow). Any input would be awesome!
    Well I'm pretty new to the forums as well, been in-game a little longer though. Here's my thoughts on it:

Current Skill Points Layout:

Level 47

Attack: 15
    Defense: 0
    Energy: 0 (Which totally sucks for events, but oh well ...)
    Stamina: 67

Personally, I heavily favor investing in Stamina over Attack. I'm very picky about how I invest points when it comes to stuff like this. I like having specific numbers, and solid facts so that I can actually calculate out the exact bonuses of what I'm getting (Yes, I can be a nerd too ). Unfortunately the Attack skill does not offer this.

From what I've seen so far though, as long as I attacked or robbed someone whose true defense was 80% or less than my true attack (This was before I had any skill points in Attack), I didn't have any problems whatsoever (Such as fights lost or grenade consumption, for example.)

I then tried adding an additional 15 Skill Points I had saved into Attack (Not many I know), and attacked again. Sadly, my results hardly changed at all. I was still losing at approximately the same rate as before, to the same player. Any defense that was still roughly over 80% of my true attack, and I would either start losing fights, or begin consuming grenades very quickly (Which in either case I concluded to mean that my attack still wasn't high enough). I've been recording the data from various fights though, and I'll be looking to see if there's any significant change if I do actually receive a Black Widow Shotgun and +100 Attack Skill bonus on my Android this Monday.

As far as Stamina goes, I'd honestly say the more the better. I'm looking to get at least 100 Stamina before I even consider investing into Attack again. Even if you CAN log on constantly to fully utilize lower levels of stamina, higher stamina still equates to much easier respect farming, and longer "effective down time" (What I mean by that is more free time to go do other irl things, without having to log back in every single time your Stamina maxes out at 5).

If you love PvP like me, and play often, you can burn through 60+ Stamina without any problems at all. In all honesty though, I'd suggest that you base your Stamina level off of your actual play time. If you ever reach a point where you regularly find yourself having difficulty using up all of your Stamina, then start investing in Attack instead.

But then again, this is all just my take on things.
    Last edited by Miss Jasmine; 06-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Finally realized that I need to get off to go get some things straightened out in my life first. Thanks guys!

Temporarily retired (possibly permanent).

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I think the consensus guess at the value of attack/defense skill points is this formula:

max(1+(.09*Level),10). So at L100 each skill point is worth 10 attack/defense points.

I think someone found it in the code awhile back.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I think the consensus guess at the value of attack/defense skill points is this formula:

max(1+(.09*Level),10). So at L100 each skill point is worth 10 attack/defense points.

Furthermore on the consesus guess is the SP additions are no longer reflected on the results screen.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If anyone cares...
    I have 187 skill points in defense, and I rarely get robbed or attacked. I'm averaging one successful attacker/robber per week. Points well spent in my opinion.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

It's not true. I have 100 skill points added but attack point does not increase by 1.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzaghi View Post
    It's not true. I have 100 skill points added but attack point does not increase by 1.
    Since you're continually posting the same thing over and over without stating any facts, I have taken time out of my day to do the work for you...

We have long known about that Skill Point formula from many sources. The formula quite possibly may have changed, but it's all we have to go on and it was extracted from original game data. See here:

Quote Originally Posted by Tramp Stamp View Post
    But reversed engineered by forum members. The formula is

mult = 1.09 + 0.09 * (level - 1)
    if mult > 10 then mult = 10
    from this thread: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...t-vs-Def/page3

This was also discussed by CCM in a now deleted thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by khung003 View Post
    This is where CC Mark talk about multiplier definition.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...l-points/page2
    I've also already told you that the results screen was changed that no longer shows as much information as before. That was explained here:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...reen#post62022

and here:

Quote Originally Posted by nycpizzalover View Post
    Don't rely on just the screen or you will drive yourself nuts. There is also the defense skill points which you don't see which factors into the equation as well as the random factor.
    and here:

Quote Originally Posted by Tramp Stamp View Post
    Skill points are not included in the calculation.

Post Count

Thank you so much, I was looking for this. Does that show at all anywhere or is that just used during some behind the scenes calculation? (like with the random variable that helps determine if you win or not)

There seems to me...to be just simply a grey area on this subject. This is the only thing I'm not even sure about on the forums :/
    Last edited by PawnXIIX; 06-02-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.