Time to figure out effects of attack points

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to figure out effects of attack points

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Time to figure out effects of attack points

Everyone on the 500 list, take down your current attack point before blackwidow shotgun is given. Then do nothing until it's given and take down the new one. Definitely we need to consider the shot gun itself. So if your mafia is fully equipped with guns, find the used one with lowest attack. The difference can be deducted then.

Everyone can post it in this thread the attack points before/after the shotgun, the difference of attack points between replaced gun and the shotgun, and you level. It should be easy to figure out the SKILL POINTS effect if we have a large pool here.

PS: I mean skill points but I don't know how to change the title...
    Here's a quick way to determine the attack points (AP) of the replaced gun: Attack someone and check the fight results. See the AP of the gun on the bottom. Definitely not all used guns are shown, so it's the maximum AP the replaced gun can have. You can take that as the result. Or you can be more exact, count the # of displayed used guns, and find the remaining used guns (# of remaining used guns = mafia size - # of displayed used guns) in your inventory.
    But it does not need to be that accurate since 100 attack points is large enough to make a difference.
    Last edited by Inzaghi; 05-30-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Post Count
    Are you talking about the skill points?? Or the actual attack stats for the weapon? I'm confused...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Level 84 with 24062 attack, 16 skill points in the attack field.
    Level 118...915k/hr....53/55k A/D

$1,000,000 IPH here I come!!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes, skill points. Since Funzio is not willing to share with us their formula, we can figure it out by ourselves...
    Quote Originally Posted by BOS View Post
    Are you talking about the skill points?? Or the actual attack stats for the weapon? I'm confused...

Post Count
    inzaghi i don't get what you are saying...everyones attack skill points should be 100 points greater after getting the shotgun. Their attack score should be unchagned no?
    62,000 A/ 66,000D
    IpH: $1.750.000
    If you are not running with me, you will be running from me

Add

hank 327 950 999

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzaghi View Post
    Yes, skill points. Since Funzio is not willing to share with us their formula, we can figure it out by ourselves...
    Good luck bro, way greater minds than myself have tried in the past, and CCMark told them they were wrong... Not trying to shoot you down, so good luck

Attack pre-widow: 48612
    Attack skill pre-widow: 40
    Level: 188
    Last edited by BOS; 05-30-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: stats

Banned
    Post Count
    This is actually a pretty good idea. I'm interested in seeing how it plays out. I've recorded my pre-widow stats and I'll share the results after I get the widow.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's said that skill points will contribute to your attack points, and the contribution will vary by your level, but it's not confirmed.
    All in the 500 list will receive extra 100 skill points in attack so it's easy for them to figure out the exact formula. But in this case, they all receive the shot gun, so its effect on attack points must be eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    inzaghi i don't get what you are saying...everyones attack skill points should be 100 points greater after getting the shotgun. Their attack score should be unchagned no?

Post Count
    I have never paid close enough attention by i don't think that is the case...i was under the impression that attack skill points contributed to your attack in some hidden way...like maybe somehow changing the coefficient of the 'random element' multiplier that mark mentioned. If what you are saying is true, you would be able to figure out the formula by yourself by leveling...then adding three skill points and seeing how much your attack score changed...but thats a whole nother thing. If it helps out i will try what you suggest,

before gun attack: 51,563
    before gun attack skill points: 142
    62,000 A/ 66,000D

Add

hank 327 950 999

Post Count
    Ignoring the weapon for a moment, there is a way of testing the effect of skill points conclusively, but it is convoluted

1.) take two players who have similar ATK/DEF.
    2.) note the ATK And DEF skil points of each player. If one ATK is much greater than the others DEF then this player becomes the 'master'
    3.) record Outcomes of attacks. And note the % won. This will, likely be > 50.
    4.) have second player (over time), add defensive items until the %won = 50 over a number of fights.
    5.) 'assuming' that players with equal stats will win exactly 50% of the time, and 'assuming' that the benefit of ATK points = DEF points, then 1 atk point is worth def increase/def added to reach 50%.

Note: this also imicitly assumes that the test is carried out at a time where ATK points do not contribute differing values as the players level increase.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Post Count
    Interesting...Give it a try
    THE SAMCRO / The IndiansTM

"Sometimes I wish we could hit them over the head, rob them, and throw their bodies in the creek." - Al Swearengen

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I believe Hank is correct when he talks about the 'hidden' benefit. I don't think it will add anything to your attack stats #.
    Dorian- 719 824 375 - lvl 139 - IPH = $1,128,239 - Atk 41280 - Def - 48308 - 714 Mafia

Post Count
    Spoiler* - Everyone's attack skill points will go up by 100 and everyone's Total Mafia Attack will go up by (300-lowest current gun used)

Post Count
    Hank and Dorian are right. When you allocate skill points they are not added to your attack score, they remain hidden.

Post Count
    interesting idea ramshutu, but there are a lot of variables there since it would have to be done over a long period of time. It would be interesting to see the results, I had this idea but it would require that a person level many times and save up their skill points until they had like 30 or so (the more the better) then once they had a bunch saved they could attack a willing test dummy X amount of times. Then record the win percentage. Then add one skill point to attack, then attack their mate again x amount of times. Record the win percentage. And then keep doing that until all of the banked skill points were used up. This could show if attack skill points actually help you win fights or not. The same could be done for defense skill points. I would do this if i had a camper account to play with, i don't want to do it on my account because i feel like skill points are useless and i'd rather have the stamina or energy. but the results would be interesting to see
    62,000 A/ 66,000D

Add

hank 327 950 999