It is a Valor Economy

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It is a Valor Economy

Consistent Contributor andypandy2's Avatar
    Post Count

It is a Valor Economy

With the new ranking system and rank-based units, the eventual economy will switch from a cash one to a valor based economy. Since much stronger units can be purchased for valor than cash, cash will lose some of it's value as a game currency. There is nothing else to buy with it. Why would you build money buildings to get more... cash? The only purpose of cash is to build boost buildings, making the units you buy with valor even stronger. After you maximize your boost, then cash is basically worthless.

Obviously, this is a mid-game concern, not a starter strategy.

Post Count
    It would be a lot easier to replace cash units than valor units though, unless you have the no casualty glitch I have read so much about and personally envy. I have lost countless valor units when raiding and attacking and yesterday lost a hardened marine after being raided!

I think Funzio should offer more cash units in their next update and fill in the gaps for the unit building levels. For example level 3, 4 & 5 Advanced Airbase doesn't offer any new units, you have to wait to 6 to get the Apache.

But, yes this is definately a mid game changer.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I agree that valor is more important now but remember the minimum number of casualties are independent of strength or eventually you loose unit. You need to have at least 100 meat shield units to absorb the impact and loose less valor units. Therefore to save more super hornets I need more strike air units to go with it in battle and that is possibly a viper or B-52 or a pavlov ...
    To replace those you need a good cash flow in events. Basically if you do 2000 pvp's and say you loose1 unit 25% of the attacks ( optimistic) you eed to replace 500 units in a matter of 3 days which cost minimum 13 million if you replace a simple flamethrower ( my case of meat shield) or it would cost 130 million if it is a mid 120k unit like a jet.

You see unless you are very strong in order to keep your valor units intact or have minimal damage and continue gathering valor you need a good cash flow to continue in a harsh pvp environment and if not so gradually you will lose attack and defense power and as it goes by you loose more important units till the moment of ultimate despair.

Hope this makes sense

Post Count
    Only problem with Valor is that once you hit the top lvls and you need to hit guys with 500 allies over X number of times you will lose more than you gain, as posted by members like JMC.

Also yesterday I bought 30 HM and lost 2 of them on the same day after no more than 40 attacks then today I lost a SF from being raided and I won the raid!!!

For me Valor seems like its just padding for the stats as their loses are to frequent and I have plenty of meatshields so that's not the problem.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sia View Post
    I agree that valor is more important now but remember the minimum number of casualties are independent of strength or eventually you loose unit. You need to have at least 100 meat shield units to absorb the impact and loose less valor units. Therefore to save more super hornets I need more strike air units to go with it in battle and that is possibly a viper or B-52 or a pavlov ...
    To replace those you need a good cash flow in events. Basically if you do 2000 pvp's and say you loose1 unit 25% of the attacks ( optimistic) you eed to replace 500 units in a matter of 3 days which cost minimum 13 million if you replace a simple flamethrower ( my case of meat shield) or it would cost 130 million if it is a mid 120k unit like a jet.

You see unless you are very strong in order to keep your valor units intact or have minimal damage and continue gathering valor you need a good cash flow to continue in a harsh pvp environment and if not so gradually you will lose attack and defense power and as it goes by you loose more important units till the moment of ultimate despair.

Hope this makes sense
    That's a very good post!!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Only problem with Valor is that once you hit the top lvls and you need to hit guys with 500 allies over X number of times you will lose more than you gain, as posted by members like JMC.

Also yesterday I bought 30 HM and lost 2 of them on the same day after no more than 40 attacks then today I lost a SF from being raided and I won the raid!!!

For me Valor seems like its just padding for the stats as their loses are to frequent and I have plenty of meatshields so that's not the problem.
    Bronson, what flag are you? On meat shield one should make sure sufficient number of them go into battle, in other words as your power increases so does the requirement on you meat shield.

Also I noticed only with those opponents that have anti-air units I specifically loose SH and meat shield has no good effect.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sia View Post
    Bronson, what flag are you? On meat shield one should make sure sufficient number of them go into battle, in other words as your power increases so does the requirement on you meat shield.

Also I noticed only with those opponents that have anti-air units I specifically loose SH and meat shield has no good effect.
    I'm UK and only have around 40 SH so hardly lose them. My meatshields ain't a problem I have plenty as I have recently increased my ally numbers but still lose a Valor every 10 attacks and I would say I have less than 300 Valor units in my army.

Post Count
    Agree with the importance of Valor within the game, particularly as the number of units available has increased.

Regarding protecting them and meatshields I am noticing that you really need to consider shields for each of the different unit types.

I was losing the EAD too often for my liking and had started phasing them out but noticed the loss rate lower again during the event. At first I thought they had dropped the casualty rate but now not so sure. I have accrued a few defensive cannons from the spy plan event and they appear to be shielding my EAD's.

My SF have the lowest loss rate of any of my Valor units, they also have the best set of shields. The loot item "Shipyard destroyer" takes the brunt of the losses here.

Next is SH, using A10 Warthogs and also lose the loot item "Heavy Bomber", though I thought I had plenty of Warthogs (70) I still lose the more expensive Spectre Gunship a bit too often so think I need to probably up the top end of my units, drop the gunship out and put in more of the cheaper Warthogs.

EAD only thing that looks to be protecting those now is the loot items Defensive Cannon and Mountain Citadel tank. Stopped losing Leopard tanks when these two came along as well.

HM I currently have Flamethrower Soldier as main shield. This could be interesting as I have started picking up a few Venal Fighters and they have stronger stats than the HM. Not sure if effectively pushing the HM closer to the "frontline" will result in higher losses or not.

Consistent Contributor andypandy2's Avatar
    Post Count
    I only have 47 alliance members. All grunts except one nice guy that asked to be part of my team! I don't see many casualties. Why would I want more alliance members? Wouldn't that expose me to more casualties?

Banned
    Post Count
    The problem I have here is that with such recently very high casualty rates for valor I think this might be a balancing act by the deva to wen the game out. Too many players are valor dependent for their stats and cannot maintain that with the valor costs going up and missions topping off. In the shark tank there is no way a valor player can maintain their stats on valor alone. I really feel this is a very planned out balancing effort.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    The problem I have here is that with such recently very high casualty rates for valor I think this might be a balancing act by the deva to wen the game out. Too many players are valor dependent for their stats and cannot maintain that with the valor costs going up and missions topping off. In the shark tank there is no way a valor player can maintain their stats on valor alone. I really feel this is a very planned out balancing effort.
    Im at that point where im starting to have to rely on cash units now because I cannot keep a steady stream of valor coming in
    Do unto others. If somebody beats you up, don't complain and act like a total wimp, just bulk up and fight back!

Post Count
    I found as soon as I went beyond 40% of Valor as my attack strength the losses at least doubled.

Dropped back under that figure and am back to my "normal" loss rates.

Got hit by someone this morning, checked their stats, they are running at over 75% Valor for both attack and defence. No way could I achieve that level for very long. Think they have the low loss glitch, always find it odd to see an attack strength way above the defence strength.

Banned
    Post Count
    See this why I am building a defense from scratch. Ambulances for def meat shields, mine launchers for def boost, misc units for filler. Soon I hope to have stealth drones for a boost as well. I have my composite factory at level 4, want that maxed ASAP. My def score is over 40k finally. It I want that much higher. Going to push to carriers. In a few weeks to make it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Does anyone have a high level infirmary? Are you experiencing noticeably lower loss rates?
    KA - Jon Snow "Winter is coming." Climate change in Westeros is a b****.

CC - Sue "My name is Sue. How do you do. Now you're gonna die."

MW - PFC Kittelsen "In honor of Norwegian actress Agnes Kittelsen".

Banned
    Post Count
    Level 4 w/ black shark for a 10% drop. Not really seeing anything yet. I am hoping soon.