When to start adding allies?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: When to start adding allies?

Post Count

When to start adding allies?

I started playing this game a few weeks ago. (got addicted). I bought a three crate bundle and got two rares (desert fox and submarine). I started a lot of pvp and accumulated a lot of money quick. I'm building, expanding, and upgrading as fast as I can. I'm careful about who I attack, being that I have almost 40 mil and my vault is only at $250,000.(It was the first thing I upgraded and I've never missed an opportunity). The only allies I have are from the events. Currently at 13. My attack and defense are 2400 and 2300 respectively. Most of my units are honor point units from lt and capt ranks. (with two more uncommon and the plane from the event should arrive shortly). I'm currently level 53. My money is only about 50k per hour. At what point should I begin adding allies and what pace is a good one.

Btw, love the forum. Thoroughly enjoy reading a lot of the senior members post.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You should start adding allies around lvl 5 but don't add a lot probley 20 will do till you reach higher levels
    Allies-11
    Level-48
    Attack-550
    Deffence-900
    Income-100000
    In-game name-killer
    Modern war loot spread sheet
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...t-spread-sheet

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by :marine: View Post
    You should start adding allies around lvl 5 but don't add a lot probley 20 will do till you reach higher levels
    The issue is I'm already at level 53. Most people at level 53 will already have well established bases with higher attack and will decimate my money not protected in the vault. I've been able to protect it by maintaining high level units. I guess a better way to put it is "What is a good ratio to try and maintain? ie. 13 allies to 2300 defense or 1 to 178.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You been leveling too fast do not attack or raid people or do missions camp for awhile and build you base and add a couple of allies
    Allies-11
    Level-48
    Attack-550
    Deffence-900
    Income-100000
    In-game name-killer
    Modern war loot spread sheet
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...t-spread-sheet

Post Count
    I've gone through to level 95 running with roughly a ratio of adding 100 points per ally as an increase in my attack strength and 120 in my defence strength.

You will currently be well above that as the Gold units have given you an advantage in that calculation. If you can hold to the same addition from this point (higher is better) then you should be okay though you have too much unvaulated cash on you at present.

Before taking on additonal allies I would be chucking a shedload of that cash onto the highest rating defence units you can get such as ambulances, Global Hawk drones and medics to really boost your defence stat up. If you have upgraded enough then things like cruisers, amphibious hovercraft and mine launchers are all good as they either have a low casualty rate of a "good against" rating. As you take on your allies then your defence stat will rise quickly.

Also have land being bought, a building underway, another being upgraded and the vault continually upgrading.

As for what Marine suggests, that is a choice. I actually did not do it (deliberately) and have continued along my merry way thus far. I know I am seriously underpowered in certain areas but I find it makes it more fun for me to play this way. I wanted to do a heavy PVP game and have effectively engineered my strategy so I have to play this way.

Your game, your choice as to how you play. Remember it is a game so when you cop a flogging (as you will) don't get stressed and leave heated comments on their wall, leave a response by all means but no point to being rancid...remember others can read them too.

Post Count
    Thanks both of you for both perspectives. I don't think I'm the best camper as I'm trying to get to major right now. Currently 135k BP's. I might have to lay off the open 10 events since I just opened two since I started this thread and both were add 1 ally. Lol. As far as the flogging, not me. Life is too short. (plus, I didn't get 40 mil and a 5000-115 win/loss by not dishing a couple out myself. All in good fun.
    Thanks again, look forward to many more post and battles. Good luck.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I would take a look at your inventory and calculate the number of units you have that give you a good density (total attack divided units into battle) and then add enough allies to bring your most valuable units with you.

The tough part is your unvaulted cash. When the wrong person stumbles on you and gets 3 mil off you in one battle and sees how much cash you got - they will be back to visit you like a free ATM machine every 2 hours. If I were in your shoes - I'd be putting every new skill point towards Defence until you get at least 100 to give you a fighting chance against attackers.

You should also try to upgrade your Nation appropriate Boost building to give you the best stat advantage possible for your inventory. For instance - I am Russian with a 10% Air Bonus & have a level 7 Air Hanger which adds 14% more attack & defense to all my air units - that's a 24% boost in free stats - which your enemies can't see when they look at your profile!.

Good Luck
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Post Count
    I didn't realize any of that. My nation is United States though. I need to hit tapjoy and get it changed. Most of my higher units are infantry. Do you still get the bonus on units like the desert fox and hardened marines? I guess this is the spot where I need to make a decision which way to go. I've really been running blind on most of this. Spending most of my skill points on stamina. Currently at 33. I know that when attacking, my lowest item has an attack of 20. I'm sitting on about 8000 honor points and have 23 marines and 10 remote buggies. Is there one group that's better, stronger, or lower casualty rates the others?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ok I have only read the OP so sorry if I'm repeating what others have said. I can't believe I'm actually going to tell you this, as I'm only a few levels behind you and see players like you as juicy targets - pm me your ally code if you wish to add me as an ally to avoid this!

- You've levelled a bit too fast because of your early game pvp advantage (I've done the same thing in KA). I'm assuming you are now coming across with people who have later-game cash and valour units that can compete with you. I suggest a short camp while you level up your advanced unit buildings.

- You have far too much cash on hand. Vault limit is 10m, so if you have 40m on hand anyone can see that theres at leeast 30m going there, and will get a nice surprise when they figure out its more than that. Spend it on the highest end units you can as quickly as possible, especially sea vessels (which are more expensive but have the best casualty rates). With your vault and level I would attack you if you had more than 8m on hand, working on the assumption that your vault is 5 or 7.5m. When I figured it was 500k or whatever, I'd be back every day.

- Make sure you are constantly building/expanding. Right now most around our level have every money building up to the oil rigs. You should have that too.

- Don't spend ANY Valour. You are very cash rich, so its better to save the valour until you have the really high end valour units available to you. In addition, no one can raid your valour or know how much you have.

- Don't do any PVE for a good while. You seem to be making far more cash with PVP, so the PVE maps are a needless waste of xp. Make sure your PVP target are giving guarenteed cash returns - don't bother attacking people you can tell have got no money just to get a little closer to a valour goal.

- AFTER you've added a good number of mid range units (I'm talking amphibious hovercraft, harrier jets, ospreys etc) post your ally code on here. If I were you I'd be looking to level up to around 120 allies, but make sure that for every ally you add you have 4 units already bought with a minimum stat of 10 attack OR 13 defense, better still 12 attack and 18 defense.