Can repeatedly posting comments on somebody's profile remove me from their news feed?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can repeatedly posting comments on somebody's profile remove me from their news feed?

Consistent Contributor Cracka Jack's Avatar
    Post Count

Question Can repeatedly posting comments on somebody's profile remove me from their news feed?

Don't have this problem often, but somebody is robbing/attacking multiple times per day and unfortunately we both collect on time, so for once the battle isn't tilted in my favor.

So, since:

- Comments are posted in your "Empire News" feed

- There seems to be a max of 15 notifications/posts that can be seen in the "Empire News" feed

Can I post 15 comments on his profile to eliminate the option for him to click "Attack" or "Revenge" on the notifications he got when I robbed him?
    Dial 771 080 277 for a good time.

Post Count
    No, that's spamming and could get you banned from the game. If he chooses to report you.

Post Count
    No, but it could get your arse kicked even harder. Fool.
    Someday - and that day my never come, I'll call upon you to do a favour for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferianism View Post
    No, but it could get your arse kicked even harder. Fool.
    Wish I was cool enough to have a name like Lucifer. STFU emo kid.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka Jack View Post
    Don't have this problem often, but somebody is robbing/attacking multiple times per day and unfortunately we both collect on time, so for once the battle isn't tilted in my favor.

So, since:

- Comments are posted in your "Empire News" feed

- There seems to be a max of 15 notifications/posts that can be seen in the "Empire News" feed

Can I post 15 comments on his profile to eliminate the option for him to click "Attack" or "Revenge" on the notifications he got when I robbed him?
    it is called spamming and it is a banable offence can it be done? yup but really what does being beat up hurt you? lets see you can safely transfer cash without the chance of being attacked...if you use defensive explosives you deserve to lose them thats the game you say "for once the battle isnt tilted my way" get used to it or get used to buying gold 2 or 3 vaults at a time to keep up I dont know your stats or level but up at the top you play with the big boys and big boys have expensive toys!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BOS View Post
    No, that's spamming and could get you banned from the game. If he chooses to report you.
    I was afraid that might be the case, thanks.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny70 View Post
    it is called spamming and it is a banable offence can it be done? yup but really what does being beat up hurt you? lets see you can safely transfer cash without the chance of being attacked...if you use defensive explosives you deserve to lose them thats the game you say "for once the battle isnt tilted my way" get used to it or get used to buying gold 2 or 3 vaults at a time to keep up I dont know your stats or level but up at the top you play with the big boys and big boys have expensive toys!
    sorry im not a "big boy" yet, only been playing since april. i never have money on me but he's the first one who's attacked me repeatedly for the sake of loot. i dont care about explosives, i dont enjoy losing lootable weapons, armor, and vehicles.

stats:
    Level 86
    Jobs Completed: 2011
    Fights W/L: 4857/576
    Robberies W/L: 10588/346
    Mafia Mem: 167
    Weapons: 1217
    Armors: 430
    Vehicles: 192
    Attack: 6881
    Defense: 7493
    $/hr: 15086

A simple "yes" or "no" would have been enough.

Post Count
    You don't lose weapons when someone attacks you... if that's what you are implying when you say "i dont enjoy losing lootable weapons, armor, and vehicles."

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka Jack View Post
    sorry im not a "big boy" yet, only been playing since april. i never have money on me but he's the first one who's attacked me repeatedly for the sake of loot. i dont care about explosives, i dont enjoy losing lootable weapons, armor, and vehicles.

stats:
    Level 86
    Jobs Completed: 2011
    Fights W/L: 4857/576
    Robberies W/L: 10588/346
    Mafia Mem: 167
    Weapons: 1217
    Armors: 430
    Vehicles: 192
    Attack: 6881
    Defense: 7493
    $/hr: 15086

A simple "yes" or "no" would have been enough.
    What's your ingame name? I was attacking a lot of people yesterday at around that level because of the PVP event. I might've attacked you. If I did sorry just needed to get my wins up.

Banned
    Post Count
    Answer to OP is "no".

The news gets grouped by player and action. When someone interacts with you, all consecutive attacks/robberies come up as one story. Comments show up separately for the first couple, but if you post enough comments it will show as "Player X commented on your wall: (insert first few words of the first post)" and then it adds at the bottom something like "and Y# of other comments". Once it groups the posts like that there could be 3 or 3000, doesn't matter because they only take one spot in your news.

Banned
    Post Count
    It sucks to be somebody's ATM, but wall spamming is really looked down upon.

Looking at your stats, it looks like you complete too many map jobs, which means you level up too quickly. Try focusing on PvP by completing thug life goals and farming respect points from buildings. This will slow your leveling, and the items you can buy with RP will have strong effects on your stats. By lvl 100, you'll be looking much better.

Post Count
    sure you can repeatedly put post comments on this guys wall, just know that you will never be able to look at yourself in the mirror again
    62,000 A/ 66,000D
    IpH: $1.750.000
    If you are not running with me, you will be running from me

Add

hank 327 950 999

Post Count
    I remember when I was at war with a guy, he got really mad because all of his stats were better than mine but I still robbed him for a considerable amount. He made the mistake of robbing me back and giving me the revenge option on my newsfeed. He then spammed me repeatedly to get that revenge tab off of the newsfeed. It did push it further down the list but I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, all actions stay on your newsfeed for about 4 days. So spamming probably won't help you. Just stay keen about collecting for a few days and he will eventually be gone. If you wanna check leave him a message and if he replies easily, you will know that you are still on his newsfeed.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwizzy View Post
    It did push it further down the list but I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, all actions stay on your newsfeed for about 4 days. So spamming probably won't help you.
    Consider this your correction. News stories don't stay on your list for a set amount of time. They're there until they're gone. Sometimes it takes several days, sometimes it takes an hour, it all depends on activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwizzy View Post
    If you wanna check leave him a message and if he replies easily, you will know that you are still on his newsfeed.
    This makes no sense. When you post a comment the player's news shows that so-and-so commented on your wall, but insead of giving the attack/revenge options it gives a reply option. It's easier to reply to a comment than it is to reply to an attack/robbery because with comments you can do it direct, no need to visit using the revenge button.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    Answer to OP is "no".

The news gets grouped by player and action. When someone interacts with you, all consecutive attacks/robberies come up as one story. Comments show up separately for the first couple, but if you post enough comments it will show as "Player X commented on your wall: (insert first few words of the first post)" and then it adds at the bottom something like "and Y# of other comments". Once it groups the posts like that there could be 3 or 3000, doesn't matter because they only take one spot in your news.
    Ah, good point. I did notice that.