Can anybody give me a good reason to keep playing?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anybody give me a good reason to keep playing?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Can anybody give me a good reason to keep playing?

I know I haven't contributed too much to this forum, so I doubt anybody will be too sad to see me leave, but I'm seriously considering quitting in a day or two.

I'm currently on Thug Life 298, so I'll be done with that in a few days. That was a huge goal of mine that I've been working towards for many months anc would like to complete. I recently built a nightclub and just a few days ago finished the level 2 upgrade. Income is closing in on $300K/hr. Give or take, I'm at 30K/30K attack and defense. That's somewhat strong for my level (143) but nowhere near the top dog. I don't have any trouble finding people to attack. I guess one other goal was to make it to the "high levels", which apparently has been moved up to like 150 or something.

I've received 1 final event prize. For this event I'm 0 for my first 6 or 7 attempts. That's never happened to me before. After 7 attempts I've always had at least 2 or 3 event items. At this point I really don't care. Nothing about this game excites me anymore. Not necessarily complaining, but since I've spent months playing this game and I believe I've spent $260 in real money, I'm finding hard to just quit cold turkey, but frankly I don't want to play anymore. Does anybody want to convince me to stick it out? Why should I keep playing after I complete Thug Life 300?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Because WE Love YOU!
    ɮϻ༺Ɠบ͜ӣѕ͡ӈōŧ༻Ŋϻ

Post Count
    Boredom..?

Post Count
    You haven't robbed me yet

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I am running across more cheaters everyday and the events that are repeats from prior ones making it not mutch fun. Eventualy every ones going to quit. Its just how long do you want to play. If you take a brake from the game you might find something else thats better than stairing at a screen.
    CC Retired 10/22/11 to 12/16/13

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Sounds like you're just burnt out from putting a lot of time into the game. I would say step back for a bit and you'll want to come back to it after a while.
    Dorian- 719 824 375 - lvl 139 - IPH = $1,128,239 - Atk 41280 - Def - 48308 - 714 Mafia

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    I am running across more cheaters everyday and the events that are repeats from prior ones making it not mutch fun. Eventualy every ones going to quit. Its just how long do you want to play. If you take a brake from the game you might find something else thats better than stairing at a screen.
    That's my problem. Basically every second that I'm at home I have my stupid iPad next to me. I'm not so addicted that I don't go out and live my life, so at least I have that going for me, but when I'm at home with nothing to do, I just feel like a slave to this stupid game. I want to quit, but feel I've invested way too much time and effort into it.

I suppose I could just take a week off and see what happens.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Do it and let the rest of us know what life out side of CC is like.
    CC Retired 10/22/11 to 12/16/13

Post Count
    My feelings exactly. This game is like crack. There really is no point to it. There really is no end. Yet I play it all the time. The only goal I have left is getting to level 200. (At 179 right now) At least I haven’t succumbed to spending real money on it. I’m going out of range of wi-fi and cell phones this weekend. It will be interesting to see if I go through withdrawal.

Post Count
    I think you should take that week off man, and if you are happy about it at the en of the week... delete your hood and kill temptation.
    Bandito - Level 200
    Indian

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ha ha. So, since nobody has given me a good reason to keep going, I think I'm going to quit cold turkey as soon as I finish Thug Life 300 and come back a week later. Assuming TL 299 is 131 fights and 300 is 132 fights, I have 388 more fights to go. That'll probably take me like 3 days. So, basically in 3 days or so I'm going to quit cold turkey and see what happens.

I don't do a good job collecting my buildings anyway, but I'm currently level 143 and my name is Norm. At least 2 other players stake out my hood and rob me often since I don't collect dilligently, so you'll have to be quick if you want any of my stuff.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    The only reason for me left is the forum , after I am done with Thug Life .
    And kicking meself off the forum was quite easy , till Chiefer bleh.....

But anyway the real reason to keep playing is the community .
    If it wasn't for the forum community , there isn't much left other then HL drama .

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    I think you should take that week off man, and if you are happy about it at the en of the week... delete your hood and kill temptation.
    Do you have to do something special to actually delete your hood? If I truly end up quitting, I was just planning on selling all of my buildings and just keeping all that money on hand so people can attack me at will, so at least the money won't go to waste.

Like if I sell everything and keep millions of dollars on hand for people to take, will I still be visible to people if I delete the app, or if I delete the app do I just disappear forever. I'd rather leave the game for a while so people can take advantage of me before I delete it completely.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If ur quitting soon...why don't u level up faster so I can see u on my list
    ɮϻ༺Ɠบ͜ӣѕ͡ӈōŧ༻Ŋϻ

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Funzio said that will be released new contents on the game (rare enemies and scratchers), i think you shoulda wait to take a look.