Gold Sale?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Sale?

Post Count

Gold Sale?

We've passed Thursday evening now, the time gold sales usually start. I believe we're over 3 weeks now since the last one started, and without one since the purchase of Funzio by Gree.

We/I have become accustomed to these sales, and i personally havent purchased non sale gold in 3+ months. I dont plan to either, and the game is quite stale when you see tiny stat increases over long periods due to not spending gold.

With all the changes to the negative since the Gree takeover (not all Grees fault im sure, like the beta stuff) I dont think i will change my stance on buying gold at 100% rather than 80%. This means if there arent gold sales, I wont buy gold, and will quit much sooner than I would have otherwise.

At least the old funzio would cover up their faux pas with gold sales or new exciting content. Now all we have is strictly negatives with no positives.

Hopefully a gold sale starts today and I'll be happy and my interest in this game will last another few weeks. If not, i may have an account for sale/transfer

Post Count
    Funzio Staff Member #1: OMG WE ARE GOING TO LOSE DEUCES IF WE DON'T GIVE HIM A GOLD SALE!!!!!

Funzio Staff Member #2: Dowho?

Funzio Staff Member #1: He is this guy riiiiiiiight *flips through endless pages of gold spender* here! This guy... GoldSpender #315820... he want's a gold sale... or he's quitting....

Funzio Staff Member #2: o_0

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Post Count
    I do agree with you tho deuce... I will buy gold on the next gold sale... and nothing before that...

Indian Groupie

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The last gold sale was ending right around 4/29 - 4/30. I agree with you Deuces that I will not be buying anymore gold unless we have sales. I don't feel like quitting but I am comfortable in the fact that I will just keep saving RP and if I don't get the event item so be it.

Post Count
    Ya, i wasnt sure of the dates, but it definitely started 3 weeks and a day ago, which is the longest in recent memory. I believe they've started on thursday for the last 3+ months so we're looking at 4 weeks min.

And kitteh, clearly im irrelevant, have never thought otherwise. This is a place we share our opinions and feelings, tis what i was doing.

Post Count
    I know deuces ^^

I'm just bored and felt like joking around...

Indian Groupie

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Funzio come on... bring it on. I promise to purchase at least 10 vaults in the gold sale.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by koralene View Post
    Funzio come on... bring it on. I promise to purchase at least 10 vaults in the gold sale.
    Can I have one of them?

Post Count
    10 vaults?! holymolybatman...

either you make a ridiculous amount of money... like ridiculous amounts...

oooor you have a terrible addiction/money mgnt skills lolzzzzz

Indian Groupie

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    my pay is crap... not addicted. i have other means. lol

Post Count
    Money isn't yours until you spend it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This the the epitome of what's wrong with the US's economy. We'll never fully recover if consumers always refuse to pay full price. How can a business survive if they constantly take a 20% hit to their revenue?

In the past, businesses would offer discounts during off times. Monday nights or weekdays from 2-4 or whatever. Now people expect discounts all the time even on weekends. How can we ever recover with that mindset? A vault of gold doesn't cost $80. It costs $100. Every now and then they do us a favor and reduce the cost to $80. You seem to expect it to always be $80. It's that same mindset that expects drinks to be at happy hour prices at 9 pm on. Saturday and for movie tickets to be at matinee prices all the time. When did this thinking start and when will it end?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopdido1980 View Post
    This the the epitome of what's wrong with the US's economy. We'll never fully recover if consumers always refuse to pay full price. How can a business survive if they constantly take a 20% hit to their revenue?

In the past, businesses would offer discounts during off times. Monday nights or weekdays from 2-4 or whatever. Now people expect discounts all the time even on weekends. How can we ever recover with that mindset? A vault of gold doesn't cost $80. It costs $100. Every now and then they do us a favor and reduce the cost to $80. You seem to expect it to always be $80. It's that same mindset that expects drinks to be at happy hour prices at 9 pm on. Saturday and for movie tickets to be at matinee prices all the time. When did this thinking start and when will it end?
    Keep in mind that funzio only have to give us pixels in exchange for our real money!
    Almost every dollar/euro/pound they get is pure profit, so it probably won't hurt them if they do these discounts.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Killy billy View Post
    Keep in mind that funzio only have to give us pixels in exchange for our real money!
    Almost every dollar/euro/pound they get is pure profit, so it probably won't hurt them if they do these discounts.
    Well we have no idea of their cost structure. Sure they don't have cost of product like a restaurant does or a business like that but obviously they still have to pay their programmers and however many other people on their payroll and of course there's the rent they have to pay for their offices and utilities and all that stuff. Somewhere along the way they decided that $100 was the appropriate cost for a vault of gold given their cost structure and that price would ultimately allow them to earn a profit they were comfortable with. Just like McDonald's came up with the appropriate price for a hamburger. I doubt either business would want to just slash the price they think they need to get for their product by 20%.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    here untill they lower the crates prices , which will never happen ...
    Or give a valid explanation for the crate price drop .... again won't happen ...

I have decided to buy no gold .... since no gold for me is no fun .
    I guess only thing to do is winning it ... so 26 more thug life yeah ...

20% off bleh want 40% off , so also not happening .

Ah well we all can't have what we want .