Do Attack/Defense Mean Anything

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do Attack/Defense Mean Anything

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Do Attack/Defense Mean Anything

Ok I have had issues with this game since the beginning, but get this. I got raided. No big deal in and of itself, went and said hello back to him.

Him Attack 4960

My Defense 6662

I have boosts and looks like he does, also have numbers to the intangible skills.

In 3 attack, I lose one win two. Ok can someone please explain why players who are way weaker can continue to win battles?

I must say between this and Modern War about to delete both. Definately not planning on any more gold as the matrixes seem all screwed up to me.
    MW - THE PIRATES[TM]

Top 25 team - Think you have what it takes to be a pirate? PM me and let's talk

CoC - PUN PIRATES

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think there are hidden factors that we are not taking into consideration. Plus the fact that with luck, anyone can win a fight! You said you were raided. It's easier to raid someone with higher def than your attack if they don't have any defense buildings. I don't know what it is with the buildings and exactly how much of a role they play, but I do strongly believe it makes a difference. Son of a gun! Getting attacked. Gotta go.
    Ok, I attack a lot. And most of the time I don't look at their profile. Just every now and again to see if they have a large stash. And to be honest I've won more. Attlee and raids with people with higher stats. So I really don't know how to figure it out. There's another thread on here about the same thing. It's recent and should still be in the first page. This is a fun game with plenty of bugs. But overall great!! Just relax and play!
    Last edited by Skoty422; 05-15-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Post Count
    There are so many threads like this, and it is the "why do I lose" thread or "I hate funzio because the PvP system sucks".

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...highlight=lose

I am continually surprised that people fail to understand the PvP system here.

* there is a random number generator (or "random element")that ultimately determines whether you win or lose. e.g., algos often use a triangular or similar distribution. The variance/properties of the distribution determines your win/loss. The probability of you losing is going to be more than zero if you are within the distribution's variance - therefore the more you attack, the more likely that one of the outcomes is a loss. Nested within this algo are other factors such as:
    * skill element - you do not know how much the other dude has. It could far outweigh what you have. This is especially extreme in MW becos some people put it all in defense skills or all in attacks skills (hehe ) for style and strategy reasons.
    * raiding system is different to attacking system because hidden defense of buildings do not apply in a raid, and other black-box factors. It is well known that it is generally much easier to raid than to attack.

So in sum the delta between attack and defense score could EASILY be overcome by the cumulative effect of these factors, especially when you move to higher levels.
    Last edited by Freekizh; 05-15-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

KA Strategy & Tactical Guide