Non-CC Chat - Highest paying sports teams...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-CC Chat - Highest paying sports teams...

Banned
    Post Count

Non-CC Chat - Highest paying sports teams...

Completely and totally off-topic but wtf, no-one appears to be able to use Search, as the same threads get repeated over and over again.

There is no Off Topic section, so I'll do it here...

I've only just discovered this site www.sportingintelligence.com - It's got some interesting news stories that I hadn't seen printed elsewhere.

Amongst*them was a comparison of average player salaries across all of the major sports clubs of the world, including football, but also American football, ice hockey, baseball, cricket and even Aussie rules.

I'd always assumed NBA, Baseball etc were the highest, but football (real football, with feet, not Hug Egg) tops the charts. I was also surprised to learn how much money is spent paying cricketers in India.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...madrid-010501/

No real conclusion to be drawn, but I found it interesting enough to share.

Post Count
    Football (real football) is definitely the highest paying. It's one of the only sports in which there is a proven (with legit data) correlation between higher spending and higher performance. Look at the payrolls of teams like Manchester City, Manchester United, Barcelona, and Real Madrid!

Post Count
    Golf!!!!!!!!
    1 thing I really hate.

1. Stealing tonyspaghettti's sig idea.

Post Count
    How much does curling pay?
    Add me: 984 600 858

Banned
    Post Count
    Team, Boom, team!

No wonder threads get repeated, no-one can read

Post Count
    Hey Taggart....what happened to Moscow's richest team on tuesday?
    Should have easily been spanked for more.

On topic, how the fcuk is Kevin Nolan getting 55K a week in a championship team....as crazy as paying ET'O 350K a week to play in some siberian gulag
    Current mood -Claude Debussy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvUepMa31o

CC - Dillinja 145 319 413
    MW - iKill4Fun 243 199 681

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    It was always high paid in Italy cause a way to wash black money white .
    Same reason suddenly Real Madrid went to be the world best paid famous team , too much black money .

Anyway why didn't FA (football associations) renamed themself Soccer ( socker very close to suc ker) Associations !!

You Brits sold out football grrrr !!
    That is one of the reason am still pissed off at UK
    Number 2 is tony blair , the rest I love you guys and girls except the welsh !

Post Count
    Surprised to see the Denver Broncos not on there.. seeing as how they just spent $96 million on Peyton Manning!
    CC "All-In-One" Spreadsheet version 4.0
    Tutorial on "Selling Low Level Buildings:"
    Part 1
    Part 2

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravak View Post
    It was always high paid in Italy cause a way to wash black money white .
    Same reason suddenly Real Madrid went to be the world best paid famous team , too much black money .

Anyway why didn't FA (football associations) renamed themself Soccer ( socker very close to suc ker) Associations !!

You Brits sold out football grrrr !!
    That is one of the reason am still pissed off at UK
    Number 2 is tony blair , the rest I love you guys and girls except the welsh !
    Bro, get off the crack seriously....
    The reason Real Madrid have always been rich is due to their history of being backed by Franco and plus the fact that the government had subsidised them. Now they have one of the highest revenue streams in modern day sport. Nothing to do with black money...

Secondly we brits didnt sell football out, the biggest change in football was due to the bosman ruling. Now the shift in power has gone from the clubs and associations to players and their agents...
    As for Tony Blair...yeah I agree with you on that one!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    no they changed it to soccer during the world cup in America , just to appease the american !
    The FA should have changed there name too , sorry rest of the world still call it football !

First am in Spain , Living in Spain for 7 years already , Real Madrid always pride themself to be Spanish selection primary , it wasn't till the money had to be laundried , that they started the galactic team , that put them on the world map .
    And even outrivaled Barcelona in spendings , and catalaans are freaking rich !

Back to you to get facts straight , while true about franco ! , Barcelona was always famous for there football selection.
    Real Madrid wasn't , till galactic team .

Banned
    Post Count
    Dinja... Nolan is paid for more than what he does on the pitch - by all accounts not much from the dressing room ever has to get to Big Sam, because Nolan deals with it. Maybe Allardyce thought that the fragmented and cliquey squad he inherited needed a Nolan to enforce his rule.

I was not a Big Sam fan early doors, but he has properly turned the club round from the shambles he inherited. Proper root and branch rebuilding job he is doing.

just glad we didn't end up with the Venkys, they were sniffing around before Gold n Sullivan, and prior to buying Blackburn.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravak View Post
    no they changed it to soccer during the world cup in America , just to appease the american !
    The FA should have changed there name too , sorry rest of the world still call it football !

First am in Spain , Living in Spain for 7 years already , Real Madrid always pride themself to be Spanish selection primary , it wasn't till the money had to be laundried , that they started the galactic team , that put them on the world map .
    And even outrivaled Barcelona in spendings , and catalaans are freaking rich !

Back to you to get facts straight , while true about franco ! , Barcelona was always famous for there football selection.
    Real Madrid wasn't , till galactic team .
    Sorry I call bs, go and do your research...Bernabeu created a better team than the galactico's and won more (won the European cup 5 times in a row)
    Galactico's were only created to sell shirts

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinja View Post
    This. Beckham was bought as a clothes horse.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by white frog View Post
    Surprised to see the Denver Broncos not on there.. seeing as how they just spent $96 million on Peyton Manning!
    They actually paid him? I thought he was going over to retire this year?!? Reminds me of Pujols', AROD and a few other jabroni's who can't play worth a damn anymore, though they are getting paid $20M a year
    SAS 4 Life

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinja View Post
    Sorry I call bs, go and do your research...Bernabeu created a better team than the galactico's and won more (won the European cup 5 times in a row)
    And it is not who wins more games people always remember ,
    Cause which country won the most European Cups and World Cups in the world ?
    Did I say any where galatic team won the most cup in the world ?
    Or is that your own assumption ?

based on that galatic word ? it is galatic for a reason , in short time Real Madrid become world known.
    Who remember blackburn rovers that they won a premiership , with alan shearer as striker..
    majority of people outside of UK ?

What do most people remember about Barcelona ? Romario Ronaldinho Messi .