camping - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: camping

Post Count
    Please read, as this is the last time I explain my actions to anyone ever about camping:

IMO, The Billionaire was, before level 12, one of the "true campers". No goals, no fights, no robs, but accruing XP while defensive winning leveled him up since he spent a lot (+gold) on equipment -- and perfect stats I might add! I am also a true camper (default 10 gold used) to where level 4s and 5s were 50/50 at losing and I am now level 6 myself with the same base 3a1d I started with by default. I purposely carry 300/30 mafia for NCs so to not win any more attacks (by other full-mafia foes) and accrue XP. Obviously I don't care about my win/loss record right now. Eventually it will be 10:1 the other way instead of 2:10 it is now (under 200 total fights). I appreciate The Billionaire's strategy but I also believe one day he will lose if he does not keep up the spending, if he should choose to continue his leveling indefinitely. My strategy is an incredibly boring and inactive one, as I play it on a secondary account. However, while I find this strategy appealing, I in no way advocate this as it takes incredible patience to play this game over the long run even on a secondary account.

I will always concede that in the end levels (wherever those brackets will be), the top spenders (like payam) will eat me alive as a minimal gold spender, but what people need to understand is it took me 47 days to reach level 6. I will never (dare I say?) try to reach the 150+ levels with my secondary account. I will be in the top 5% of all levels below 25 once I achieve my personal goals. This reign will last a very long time, barring I constantly get attacked hundreds of times per day leveling me up because I don't ever plan to attack and rob others. I want to no-bank as much as I can and see who can crack me (guess who will become new friends?). Its all economy, economy, economy with this account. MT's through the roof and NC save ahead of schedule. My economy won't be where I want it for another 77.44 days

In Sim City, almost everyone tries to achieve the same goals. In Crime City, I can be uniquely different and still kick people's butts along the way. I hope people will understand this since I've revealed my base strategy. It's fun for me, I know its not for 95% of others. Stop clamoring about it for everybody else on both sides.

My final admittance is there are many campers on these forums trying to advocate camping, but giving really bad advice. Some have already been called out. All I can say is listen to "true campers" (IMO) like The Billionaire, emcee, White Frog, fuzzy, and myself to name a few if you want to get ahead the most efficient way possible. We've done the spreadsheets, we've done the work. As for myself, I've lurked these forums for a very long time before registering. My main account is 191 days old today. Thank you for reading.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreno33 View Post
    are you a gold spender? wondering how your A/D are so damn high, haha
    Yes I am a gold spender. On my iPhone hood I use to buy between 1500 and 4500 gold bars during each event trying to get the 10th item and after 6 events I only had 1 of the items which was the green extreme. Therefore I no longer buy gold bars to use on the events. Instead every time an event gets released I buy a vault of gold for my iPad hood and buy 10 sets of the 3 crates. As you can see from my stats I'm much better off and a lot happier knowing I'm guaranteed 30 weapons and not endlessly chasing one good 10th item weapon. Only bummer is I don't get the bonus that comes with the 10th item but I'm happy my economy is going to be strong enough that missing out on the bonus won't bother me.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Post Count
    Holy mother of god WHY??? The game isn't even any good! Why on earth would you spend $50/week on a free FarmVille wannabe?

Post Count
    $50/week obviously sounds pretty high to you. How do you know its not chump change to him? His name is The Billionaire after all muahaahaha

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Camping is for people who would rather be playing sim city. I don't think I've ever played a game where people WORK HARD at not advancing because they're worried they'll get beat. Who cares if you're the toughest level four and never get attacked?
    I can't speak for all campers but I'm not at all worried about getting beat. Camping in the early stages of the game is going to benefit me massively come the later levels. Building a really strong economy and acquiring a good inventory means that when I decide to start levelling up I'm not going to have to save up masses of money to do the costly upgrades because my economy will be booming and with a good inventory hopefully 95% of players won't be able to beat me.

And yes Dipstik I really enjoyed sim city all those years ago!
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Post Count
    Me too. SimCity 2000 was the best. Still own it on floppies somewhere!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Thats the good part about this game, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE should tell some one else how to play thier game. Camp on, crawl on, rob your hart out, attack any one, attack 499, be 499, who the f@$k care's.

Rant over going back to bing a 499 crawler.
    CC Retired 10/22/11 to 12/16/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by nopenopenope View Post
    Please read, as this is the last time I explain my actions to anyone ever about camping:

IMO, The Billionaire was, before level 12, one of the "true campers". No goals, no fights, no robs, but accruing XP while defensive winning leveled him up since he spent a lot (+gold) on equipment -- and perfect stats I might add! I am also a true camper (default 10 gold used) to where level 4s and 5s were 50/50 at losing and I am now level 6 myself with the same base 3a1d I started with by default. I purposely carry 300/30 mafia for NCs so to not win any more attacks (by other full-mafia foes) and accrue XP. Obviously I don't care about my win/loss record right now. Eventually it will be 10:1 the other way instead of 2:10 it is now (under 200 total fights). I appreciate The Billionaire's strategy but I also believe one day he will lose if he does not keep up the spending, if he should choose to continue his leveling indefinitely. My strategy is an incredibly boring and inactive one, as I play it on a secondary account. However, while I find this strategy appealing, I in no way advocate this as it takes incredible patience to play this game over the long run even on a secondary account.

I will always concede that in the end levels (wherever those brackets will be), the top spenders (like payam) will eat me alive as a minimal gold spender, but what people need to understand is it took me 47 days to reach level 6. I will never (dare I say?) try to reach the 150+ levels with my secondary account. I will be in the top 5% of all levels below 25 once I achieve my personal goals. This reign will last a very long time, barring I constantly get attacked hundreds of times per day leveling me up because I don't ever plan to attack and rob others. I want to no-bank as much as I can and see who can crack me (guess who will become new friends?). Its all economy, economy, economy with this account. MT's through the roof and NC save ahead of schedule. My economy won't be where I want it for another 77.44 days

In Sim City, almost everyone tries to achieve the same goals. In Crime City, I can be uniquely different and still kick people's butts along the way. I hope people will understand this since I've revealed my base strategy. It's fun for me, I know its not for 95% of others. Stop clamoring about it for everybody else on both sides.

My final admittance is there are many campers on these forums trying to advocate camping, but giving really bad advice. Some have already been called out. All I can say is listen to "true campers" (IMO) like The Billionaire, emcee, White Frog, fuzzy, and myself to name a few if you want to get ahead the most efficient way possible. We've done the spreadsheets, we've done the work. As for myself, I've lurked these forums for a very long time before registering. My main account is 191 days old today. Thank you for reading.
    I couldn't of said it better myself. My camping account is also my secondary account as my primary account is on my iPhone and gets played very regularly. My secondary account is simply a different way to play the game and I have no intention of reaching the higher levels, I'm just interested in building the strongest economy I can and will hopefully get all my chosen buildings upgraded to level 10.

My tent is pitched and I'm staying in this area for the foreseeable future!
    CC History

Post Count
    Me too. SimCity 2000 was the best. Still own it on floppies somewhere!
    Lol it certainly was, i found my 3 pack last week when clearing out the loft, all in mint condition as well.....Sim City 2000, Sim Tower and Sim Isle.

If someone asks for advice then give it to them but don't try and tell those who don't ask for advice how to play the game! Play your own game and your hood will speak for itself!
    CC History

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Holy mother of god WHY??? The game isn't even any good! Why on earth would you spend $50/week on a free FarmVille wannabe?
    If this game isn't any good then why are you constantly posting on this forum like you're the Crime City bible! And FarmVille is the last game i'd ever consider playing. It looks like its for kids!

$50/week obviously sounds pretty high to you. How do you know its not chump change to him? His name is The Billionaire after all muahaahaha
    Nopenopenope I'm not a billionaire but my company did make a net profit of £2.3m last year so yes it is chump change and why not spend a little bit of money on my hood. On the other hand I refuse to spend money on these CC events any more because after 6 events I've only managed to get one 10th item even though I purchased between 1500 and 4500 gold bars during each event so I'm on strike now. This will make you laugh, during the wall safe scam I purchased so much gold trying to get the free bank deposits that I reached my iTunes transaction limit. Had to contact support and ask them to remove it lol.
    CC History

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Everyone camps to a degree. Whenever you sleep and chances are am upgrading something, even the most anti-camper technically is camping. By not gaining experience through active play (robbing or attacking) and upgrading your income buildings you are camping.
    Camping is most effective at lower levels and not a mad dash to unlock all buildings and then hunkering down. The benefits of camping will be nullified at higher levels with more aggressive/seasoned opponents. Banking is the bane of all campers and having income not entirely reinvested is counterproductive.
    What makes camping even more compelling in CC vs other games I've played is that the single best income building can be earned at any level. What floors me are high level players that still don't have night clubs in their hood. Yes, we all hear the arguments that income is a waste...blah blah blah....but the last time I checked expanding your hood cost money, buying defense and income buildings and upgrading them cost money, explosives cost money, the best defensive vehicle cost money...
    The benefits of a strong economy also allows me to not spend respect on mid tiered items. My income can offer an alternative to yams and nvb. Yes campers will be fodder to high gold spenders come end game but the last time I've checked the bracket level has continually increased. Also all HL perspective and analysis is based on current circumstance. This is already changing with Android players coming into the mix as well as events. All the Payams and Noodles are all at level 200 but give it a year and they won't be able to see people below 190 or so. This is just based on observation and 190 is an arbitrary number. The biggest thing is that any disciplined camper or even a crawler will be extremely competitive even at HL with the way things are going now. These events and new TL goals etc will propel most levelers up to HL levels sooner than later and hence increase the threshold.

There is nothing to stop campers from spending real money in the game at present or in the future. For me its just an accomplishment to see how far I can get without gold spend for now. I spend thousands per month on meals, entertainment, clothing, etc. So if I go the route like Billionaire one day its not entirely out of the question.

However I enjoy the challenge playing this game without rm for now and getting the havoc minigun and atm crusher does not hurt not to mention better than respect items from these events. Tapjoy doesn't hurt as well.

So the key to camping is having the discipline to not level for as long as possible. Those who can buy nc as soon as possible will have an advantage. My level 58 account which started weeks before my level 8 account still has less income/hr because the tortoise account unlocked nc first. This account is currently over 200k/hr and I anticipate over 500k in a few more months. Level 58 account will surpass tortoise account due to the minigun but I'm not sure if it can achieve that by 500k/hr or perhaps a million.
    The opportunity cost of not having nc as soon as possible is immense and looking at my rivals list and mafia is proof.

So the benefits of camping are numerous as detailed but also its the game play that best suits my lifestyle. I have a busy social life and I set my own work hours. I don't have the energy and stamina like most active players because I don't want to play as much right now. This complements a camper/tortoise play style. The only time I become an active player is during these events which I enjoy as well. Possibly active players quit due to lack of competitiveness or most likely imo the amount of time required to play the game daily as some with poor economy need to attack and rob endlessly to make ends meet. This can be quite taxing and I can see why the game can become monotonous and/or frustration may set in.
    Everyone's different. We all play because we enjoy the game. If the game becomes a chore then what's the point.
    I can't speak for Tramp Stamp but I think part of the reason he quit was because maintaining the weekly stats for everyone was becoming a chore as there was an expectation that he would do it. It didn't help that the threads he created was being hijacked by spammers and having content deleted. We can all agree that its a loss to the economy cause.
    Last edited by emcee; 05-10-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Post Count
    @emcee

One of the reasons that players do not have nightclubs is that they are hard to collect 100% and some people have a low tolerance for getting robbed. For me, I bank my 40% and move on. For others, they would rather not have a nightclub at all than have one that gets robbed.
    GREE(D) is trying to put the fun back into Funzio.

Post Count
    Weird..I never noticed this thread.
    Maybe I missed it because camping is normally associated with scouts and tree huggers.
    Come on, how boring a$$ can you be in a fighting game....
    Current mood -Claude Debussy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvUepMa31o

CC - Dillinja 145 319 413
    MW - iKill4Fun 243 199 681

Post Count
    +1 dillinja.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinja View Post
    Weird..I never noticed this thread.
    Maybe I missed it because camping is normally associated with scouts and tree huggers.
    Come on, how boring a$$ can you be in a fighting game....
    nah mate, were letting the little guys run out in the open while we sick back, cleaning our sniper. when the time is right, we'll fire(:
    I haven't played since 2012... I heard there was inflation since, lol.
    NAME LVL BONUS INCOME ATT : DEF
    MW Dreno33 60 UK 3XX,XXX,XXX 66,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX : 68,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX
    CC TheDreno33 62 Tycoon 70,XXX,XXX 9,XXX,XXX,XXX : 7,XXX,XXX,XXX
    GREE bought Funzio's games for $210 Million! Why?
    I downloaded it for free!