Can't understand attack points

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't understand attack points

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Angry Can't understand attack points

I can't get my head around attack points. I just had a PvP against a player with an attack 600 points less than me and a defence 300 lower. in line with the logic of this game I not only lost the battle and 1 gladiator but my overall attack dropped over 100 points. I decided to spend some hard earned honor points and buy 2 assassins. Checked my profile to find my attack had dropped another 15 points and my defence hadn't changed.
    Is there any strategy to this game or is it just a fancy coin toss?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Some facts:
    - By 'definition', you can only win if your attack is stronger as his defence
    - By 'definition', your attack value is the sum of the best attacking X units you can bring into battle
    - By 'definition', the defence value you see on the profile of defender might still be bugged as in MW. You don't see the total value which is made up by the value you see in his profile * boost values (eg... by boost buildings)
    - By 'definition', if you buy new attacking units which have a bigger attacking value as the weakest unit that you currently can bring into battle (attacking point of view), then you're attack value should increase. If not the case, it should remain the same. The increase depends on the difference of attack strength between the weakest attacking unit and your new stronger attacking unit.

So conclusion: By 'definition', it's a mathematical game where you can predict the outcome.

BUT i had it also a couple of times that I got attacked and lost while this couldn't be the case. My def for example was 2000 and the attacker has an attack value of 1500. Still i lost for some reason... I can only guess there is also some random 'luck' factor which can influence the outcome of your pvp fight.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks for your reply. Your 'by definitions' make sense and that's how I assumed the game worked. However, it doesn't explain why the loss of one gladiator lost me 100 attack points and the addition of two assassins (by far among my strongest units) also lost me points.
    Are we just talking about bugs here? I noticed that the quest to train 40 pikemen also lowered my attack points and buying expensive weaponry makes little or no difference to attack or defence. I've read here about only scavenged items showing in your best weapons and armour. So why spend at all?

Post Count
    There is some chance involved in PVP I've attacked guys and won 4 in a row then they will get a lucky battle in and beat me. Also you neglected to factor in your heros army attack and army defense points (the ones you get 3 per level to spend).

As for your attack dropping after buying more troops I can only think of two possibilities;

1. An ally removed you
    or
    2. There is some lag time in your profile loading
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    There are hidden stats, such as defense skill points that you do not see. Added to that is the element of chance.

To eliminate chance, I usually attack at least twice when I lose the first one - nearly all my losses come from doing this. Sometimes I'm willing to lose 2 for every 1 win if the payoff is good.

If you wanna be sure, attack with a 20-25% margin of safety.
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    "As for your attack dropping after buying more troops I can only think of two possibilities;"

Ive seen that as well. Ive purchased weapons and armor (just one piece now to check) and Ive seen my scores go down on both attack and defense which always puzzled me.

I too am curious as how these attack ones work. I for giggles tossed 3 points at my attack score. My A/D didn't change one iota.

Post Count
    The attack points do not affect your presented attack and defense score. Its kept secret to add more strategy to the game.
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Njwmrb View Post
    The attack points do not affect your presented attack and defense score. Its kept secret to add more strategy to the game.
    It should show the effects to yourself though, not to your enemies. It's kinda confusing to me.
    Futon KA - lvl 114
    10,851 IPH

Add me!!! 166-449-673

Post Count
    One time, someone with att 9xxx won me with def 11xxx. No doubt in your case with only 300 more pts.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    It should show the effects to yourself though, not to your enemies. It's kinda confusing to me.
    Yes they deffinately should explain the weight of effect the points have, it's hard to play a strategy game without knowing the parameters
    Free player
    726-176-397

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I just started the game up today and first thing I do is remind myself of my att/def points. Today that was 2773/3331 with 81 allies. Checked my weapons and armour and noticed 1 armour short so bought 1 Robber Doublet 2/2. Checked my profile - now 2748/3319.

Can anyone give a reasonable explanation before I reach for the delete key?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It's possible you've been attacked when you were offline. You don't always get a good notification on that part and it might be your score is only updated from the moment you buy something new so that the score gets forced to be recalculated. You might have lost troops by that way.

Best real simple test for you is to check things when you're online. Example:

1. Write down your att/def score
    2. Buy a unit of which you know it will be included for sure in battle list of soldiers when you're going to attack.
    3. Check if your attack went up (how much depends, but it should go up)
    --> Test OK?

You can do same for def troop. Etc.

I understand it seems very strange and it is... but if you take my explanation into account, then it MIGHT explain what you encounter.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    All my units are at a -4 A/D. Which means if I purchase a 3/4 unit I get nothing. If I purchase a 8/1 unit I get 4 added to my attack score and nothing to my defense. This is what I use to decide what to buy. But sometimes units are lost and you are not notified. Say a 7/17 unit. And now your defense will drop. But in my case, it will drop by 3/13.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoty422 View Post
    All my units are at a -4 A/D
    That's interesting. Can I ask how you arrive at -4?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    P4Tr1C14N might have the most likely explanation. I've lost units overnight and the Battle News only indicated that I won the battle - nothing about losing units. I've started keeping track of how many of the highest rated attack units I have so I know if I have to replenish them.
    KA - Jon Snow "Winter is coming." Climate change in Westeros is a b****.

CC - Sue "My name is Sue. How do you do. Now you're gonna die."

MW - PFC Kittelsen "In honor of Norwegian actress Agnes Kittelsen".