Defense buildings - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defense buildings

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng1234 View Post
    Well prices reflect stats so the more expensive ones should have better stats yet why does the cheaper have better stats than the more expensive ones especially for something so clear cut like defensive buildings? Just bizarre and thought someone had a better explaination than just 'different buildings have different stats' answer... Lolz
    they certainly do not LOLz!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sexkitteh View Post
    I'm personally going to build 25 gats and lvl them to 10 and hide them and then build 25 gats to lvl3 and leave them in the open. I like the idea of an inflated defense... It will make people think twice...
    I look at people's attack stats when I attack them, because I know that their true defense can't be that much greater than that....so if you intend to acquire a ton of attack explosives (evening out the two) , it might work ....my att/def is 47k/40k, so I wonder if it would work for me as well

Consistent Contributor richard118's Avatar
    Post Count
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The question of defense building contributions to mafia attack and rob defense has come up so many times. By now, according to peacock's analysis, we know that:
    defense contribution from building against rob = n + (n/2) * (L-1)
    note: defense contribution from building against attack is 1/2 of above value
    where n is defined as building defense at level 1 and L as actual building level.

original Peacock analysis
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ock-again..lol

For example, a gattling turret level 3 would yield
    defense contribution from building against rob = 25 + (25/2) * (3-1) = 50
    defense contribution from building against attack then is 25
    {Note this is much different from actual listed defense of 200 for a level 3 turret.}

My main goal was to determine the best defense buildings to have and how far to upgrade them to increase 'true defense' as much as possible.

In the interest of precious space (unless you have such a high income that space cost doesn't matter), the 2 best non-gold defense buildings, as determined by rob defense contribution per square, are missle turrets and gattlings...no surprise there. In fact at level 1, missle turrets return 10.5 rob defense points/square. Gattling defense at level 1 is 6.25 rob defense points/square. Everything else is much lower. I believe a distant third are sniper buildings at 1.28/square.
    See http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings.

A level 3 gattling costs the same amount as a level 1 missle turret in terms of rob defense gained/cost. Level 3 gattling costs $150,600 for an additional 12.5 defense points or 0.083 defense increase per $1000. Level 1 missle turret costs $500,000 for an additional 42 defense points or 0.084 defense increase per $1000.

Bottom line---> BUILD 50 GATTLINGS AND UPGRADE TO LEVEL 3. THEN START BUILDING MISSILE TURRETS AND LEAVING THEM AT LEVEL 1.
    This will add to your rob defense by:
    50 gattlings at level 3 = 50 x 50 = 2500
    50 missle turrets at level 1 = 42 x 50 = 2100
    total 4600

For those with the striker minigun, it appears that even a level 1 missle turret is cheaper than a level 4 gattling upgrade.

CCS Headquarters,somewhere in Little Italy.
    Post Count
    I gotta tell ya I'm no expert but I have yet to see anybody including myself see any difference with your real defense between robbing and attacking. There might be a slight difference but it certainly isn't half!
    Fight Club Syndicate..(FCS)
    Crime City Syndicate..(CCS)
    Level 194
    Mafia 500
    IPH 1,375,000