Best value for money units - strategy

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best value for money units - strategy

Post Count

Best value for money units - strategy

Assume that you are level 20 with 100 allies so you can have 300 units in battle. You currently only have about 100 units. What's the best way to spend $1000 to maximise A/D? This is my logic -- you could buy, say, 9 Monks (cost $110, attack/defence = 3/6) or 100 foot soldiers (cost $10, A/D = 1/1). Assuming either way that you have adequate weapons and armour from farming, which is the better deal?

Does the monk purchase give you nine times 3/6 for a total boost in attack/defence of 27/54 and the foot soldier deal give you 100/100? If so, it would seem to be much better to purchase cheaper units while your ally count exceeds your unit count. Also, in battle, you might lose a few foot soldiers but not 11 in one go, whereas losing one monk is a loss of $110 in one shot. Is my reasoning correct?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Your math looks right to me. Personally, I'd buy the lower level units until I reached 300 units so my A/D stats would fill up quickly. Then, I'd start upgrading when I had the cash.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    You are in a very rough situation. You are 200 units below your cap and you only have 1000 gold? Yikes, what a disaster. Your best best is the cheapest defensive units. Heck I'm around your level with only 50 allies and I probably triple your attack/defense score.

To recover, you absolutely want to buy the cheapest units you can get until you get close to max. Then you probably want to stock up on illusionists until your defense is high enough to keep you safe. Then you want to either grab a bunch of battering rams so you can attack again, or get colloseum level 3 to buy the 6/14 riflemen.

Post Count
    Best way to go is to attempt to equip yourself with max units, then your stats boost from the units + the wep/armor they use. When you have more money, then you can little by little buy those more elite units.
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Post Count
    I would lower my ally count untill you can afford to be fully stocked, being 200 under your cap is probably making you the weakest person on your rivals list
    Free player
    726-176-397

Post Count
    Thanks for the concern. I was only using those numbers as an example -- my actual situation is not nearly so "dire" . And it's no big deal really -- in doing lots of quests early I levelled up without caring too much about A/D strategy. Now, as you suggested, I get do attacked by rivals pretty regularly but I lose almost nothing because all of my cash is either in the process of being spent, or in the vault. Since it costs noting to rebuild unit buildings and I only lose a little from money buildings... meh. So my plan now is to turtle for a while, building up resources without levelling up.

Interesting thought about the end game -- eventually, because of the cap on allies, will everyone will end up bunched around the same A/D except for those who have paid actual cash for the better units?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by custos View Post
    Thanks for the concern. I was only using those numbers as an example -- my actual situation is not nearly so "dire" . And it's no big deal really -- in doing lots of quests early I levelled up without caring too much about A/D strategy. Now, as you suggested, I get do attacked by rivals pretty regularly but I lose almost nothing because all of my cash is either in the process of being spent, or in the vault. Since it costs noting to rebuild unit buildings and I only lose a little from money buildings... meh. So my plan now is to turtle for a while, building up resources without levelling up.

Interesting thought about the end game -- eventually, because of the cap on allies, will everyone will end up bunched around the same A/D except for those who have paid actual cash for the better units?

Everyone around level 50 the majority has 8-9K defense and attack but there are weaklings with less. I have 10K and 13K, people with gems are 14K+ both.

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Seems like the new wave of people getting to level 50 is going to have a really hard time keeping up with the already established players. I think ill have to sit back under level 40 for some time :/

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by custos View Post
    This is where it becomes a battle of economies. The best weapons I can see now (level 15) is a 8/14 which cost 8800 gold, and the best armor is also 8/14 at 8800 gold. At high levels, I have seen average income at about $3000/h. So, at the end game, it would take (8800+8800)/3000=5 hours just to equip 1 unit with the best outfit! and these equipments are available at level 28...so I am sure those available at level 50 will be far, far more expensive. So in the end game, the winner should be the one with the largest economy. The wealthiest shall master the realm!

Implications: build a super power economy early on, unless you intend to spend real money.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TemplarX View Post
    This is where it becomes a battle of economies. The best weapons I can see now (level 15) is a 8/14 which cost 8800 gold, and the best armor is also 8/14 at 8800 gold. At high levels, I have seen average income at about $3000/h. So, at the end game, it would take (8800+8800)/3000=5 hours just to equip 1 unit with the best outfit! and these equipments are available at level 28...so I am sure those available at level 50 will be far, far more expensive. So in the end game, the winner should be the one with the largest economy. The wealthiest shall master the realm!

Implications: build a super power economy early on, unless you intend to spend real money.
    On the spot bro!

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ghost, could you share what weapons you see at lvl 50? How much do they cost?

Post Count
    Ghost, 2 questions.......What are you paying for land expansions?
    What is the max of the vault? I'm 8300 waiting on 11 to finish.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TemplarX View Post
    Ghost, could you share what weapons you see at lvl 50? How much do they cost?
    The best weapons are loot vs purchase.

Typically the 40+ level people have 25/13 (weapon) and 15/25 (armor). This is where Ghost sits (and a couple of others Ive seen on my allies list.)

These are only slightly better than the 20/9 + 11/19 stuff you can get from Owlbear Hollow.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalfire View Post
    Seems like the new wave of people getting to level 50 is going to have a really hard time keeping up with the already established players. I think ill have to sit back under level 40 for some time :/
    I will agree with you on this one. Until they extend the levels, it is too dangerous above level 40 I think!

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by THE1&ONLY>FISH View Post
    Ghost, 2 questions.......What are you paying for land expansions?
    What is the max of the vault? I'm 8300 waiting on 11 to finish.
    Jumping in here, the max vault is $330k gold and on a back to back vault increase basis, will take about 80ish days to get there from starting the game!

Ave Atque Vale