Detailed lay-out of what I feel is the most optimal strategy - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailed lay-out of what I feel is the most optimal strategy

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello Kitty View Post
    Depends on what strategy you want to take or how you want to play the game.

I do mostly PvP to build my economy and build A/D (only requires Stamina), but have bought diamond units that allow me to have a good success rate at the lower level when I attack. I like PvP because of the return and invest my earnings in economy and units for when I get to higher levels.

Sometimes I'd like to do the maps, but don't want to level up, which is why I really appreciated this original post for the idea that gives me variety and the need to start considering investing in Hero Strength.
    Interesting strategy HK. I have and ally still 13th level not have gems unit that have 10lvl beast warren, 6lvl siege workshop, when I see his stat, his only few do map with 0.35k win 1 lose, 0.45k succeed raid 1 lose. Right now his kingdom got every beast from each level and his stat 2.3k/2.5k, very good strategy like you HK, " Do mostly PvP to build Eco and build A/D".
    I will follow this strategy since I desperate looking bronze dragon from PvP
    So I just upgrade my "pet shop" just to have dragon

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I guess it all depends on what your goals are. If your goals are to be as strong as humanly possible @ endgame, and you don't care at all from here until then, the optimal strategy is to pump every point into hero attack/defense, and get literally bent-over for 50 levels, and then a long time at 50 as well. However, once you (eventually) max your allies/weapon/armor with the best units in the game, then you will absolutely be stronger than anyone else, because you have maxed hero atk/def. The problem is that you'll spend a LOT longer to get there, and you'll be a walking pinata on the way. So the only way this strat can work is with intense camping. Camping also works very well until level 18 or so, but at that point, the weapons/armor in the fields far-surpass what you can buy.

So that strategy will be insane camping from 1-18 where you will be untouchable, but it will take you 3 months to hit level 10. Then you'll be super strong from 10-18. Then you'll slowly turn into a walking bullseye from 18-50. Then you'll probably spend 6-8 months at level 50 being destroyed constantly. However, you'll chip away, and in a year or so at level 50, you'll be the strongest person in the game.

I guess it all depends on how you want to go at it.

The strategy I have laid out here goes like this:

Level 1-10: Average strength. If you camped, you'll be super strong though. I only say average strength because if you don't camp you will hit level 4 magic academy (for the 2/9 illusionists) around level 11 or so. After that you can't be touched. Campers will still have you beat, since the weapons/armor they can buy at this level are still very strong compared to the loot drops. Also, they'll have spent time upgrading barracks to level 10. The good news is, they won't attack anyone, because they are camping, so while you can't kill them, they don't want to attack you either.

Level 10-45 or so: Nobody will even come close to touching you. You will be a God in these levels, both in attack and defense. The reason this strategy dominates here is because the weapons/armor become twice as good as anything you can buy in the store, and you are maximizing loot gained per level. This is thekey point. You can fill your ally rank faster than anyone else, and fill the troops with good gear. Other people that fill allies and don't do this strategy will be equipping 1/3 weapons/armor and you will be equipping 6/8 range. You will literally double or triple the strength of non-gold players from level 10-45. You will even be stronger than campers. Infact, some of the juiciest targets in this range are the campers. I've taken 2000 gold per attack off a camper before. Now, just be careful of campers with massive amounts of field-acquired weapons/armor as this means they are coming out of camping and likely are doing your strategy. Just avoid that guy. He's going all-out and all the power to him.

Level 45-50: This is where people that dump power into hero attack/defense will likely start beating you again. You will likely still be stronger than 99% of the people though.

Level 50: You will be one of the strongest in the game, but every day that goes past, you will slowly lose your edge. The reason for this is because you have most of your points into hero strength, you already have a maxed army with max weapons. As other people max out, their hero str/attack will start to overcome your 2x lead in army strength.

Don't get me wrong, you WILL get eclipsed at some point, but it is likely not going to happen for a LONG time. The players that will pass you are the atk/def players, and they will be getting destroyed at level 50. It may take them 1 year, it may take them 2 years. It may take them an entire lifetime, but by the time they retire from work, they will probably be stronger than you. For the most part, while you have low hero atk/def, your maxed army score will be so much higher than anything around you that you will be safe for a LONG time, likely as long as you plan on playing the game. I mean, how long do you plan to play this game at max-level anyways? A full year or more? I doubt it.

So while this strategy will be absolutely crushingly dominant for a solid year (or more) of play, it will absolutely be beaten long long long term by hero attack/defense players. They deserve it though, they've been a walking pinata for a year and a half.
    Last edited by superdad; 05-05-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Post Count
    good point, thanks superdad, change strategy now

Post Count
    Just curious to know what the result would be for (a non-Gem) PvP when one person puts all of their upgrades (through lvl 50) into Hero Strength (which takes 2 points for one upgrade) against one person who puts all of their upgrades into defense (one point per upgrade) - assuming that their attack/defense #s are equal....

Wouldn't the all-Hero strength strategy backfire in that situation?
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Free Player

KA: 867905062 (LVL 142, A: 257k / D: 204k)
    MW: 921011485 (LVL 100, A: 21k / D: 23k)
    MQ: 365294628 (LVL 55, A: 68k / D: 70k)

Post Count
    so if you want to be an instantaneous badass, go with this strategy. if you want to be a badass in a year dump your points into ATT/DEF

Post Count
    Nice read but i have a few questions. I screwed up at the start and wasted a few levels of skill points. Right now i'm LVL 28 with only hero strength of 32. As a result i have a hard time following the pve farming strategy because i can't 1 shot anything on recent maps. Right now my progression is on The Infested Cavern and I've been farming on Highland Pass but it takes 2 hits on everything. Any suggestions?

My current weapon is Sword of Lore 11/5 and armor is High Ranger Plate 6/12. I thought maybe if i could upgrade my weapon it would make farming easier but i'm not sure where to farm for that. Any help would be appreciated

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    If player A goes all into Hero Defense, and Player B does my guide, player B will destroy player A for levels 10 through 50. After a year or so at level 50, my strat will be even on defense, but would lose if I attack player A, since his hero defense. It would take a LONG time for him to catch up to me though, since he would spend that majority of his time at level 50 losing fights to everyone, because he farms items 100x slower than I do. Also, if he attacked me, it would still be a coinflip (at 50, I would be unbeatable before that, and even for a LONG time at 50).

Just to give you some numbers. I just restarted, and I'm in the absolutely weakest time-period right now. I'm level 12, with 13 allies and did not camp for a single second. Most people my level and ally count have atk/def of 250/350. The odd camper is 450/600. That's the highest I've seen, and he had 2 gold units. My score is 430/690, and I'm only starting to get into maps where armor/weap are way better than store options. So even at level 12, in the weakest point in this strategy, I am absolutely crushing 99% of players, and beating almost every camper too. I can't attack the toughest of them, but I don't want to. I can still attack 99% of other players (silos mostly, but I'm about to stop that now).

I will try to provide updates so you guys can see how this strategy develops. It really picks up steam from level 12 onwards, since you start getting 10/6 weapons and 6/10 armor, while to buy that from the store, you'd pay like 4000-6000 gold. So I really start passing campers now, because it takes them ~3 hours to get *one* of those, and I get 5-10 each hour. I'm skyrocketing past them now.

@Futon: It really depends on if you are enjoying your current game or not. I recently restarted, because I did a lot of pvp from 15-30 and leveled quickly. I was still 99.9% dominant, but I wanted to see just how crazy my numbers would be if I executed the strategy perfect - so I restarted. It's up to you. The thing about my strategy is you absolutely have to do it from the beginning or there is really no point. You must max hero strength, or you level too fast to do my strategy. You won't pull in the armor/weapons that I do in the same level up, and there is no way to catch up. The only good thing is that if you are finding yourself in a good enough spot now, you can maybe survive (not be godly, but make it) to level 50, and if you have any points in hero atk/def, then you will eventually be stronger.

I dunno, if it were me, I'd reset the game, because I enjoy executing a perfect strategy. But you are talking to a guy that had like 25 level 80 WoW characters (before cataclysm). I really enjoy restarting stuff.
    Last edited by superdad; 05-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    OH also, just for reference.. before I reset, when I was at level 28, I had 40-50 allies and a score of 3200/3700. I'm not sure what your scores are now, but you can use those to compare. That was with me not optimally doing my strategy either, I pvp'd way too much from 15-30, and did a handful of quests from 25-30 that powerleveled me.

I'd suspect properly done, the numbers would be even better. Not for the same ally count, since that was basically geared-out army, but the perfect execution would allow a higher ally count with still great weapons.

Post Count
    It's a shame i can't play multiple games on the same device. If there wasn't so much downtime i would restart, but i don't think i wanna go through those first 28 levels again. Nice to know that i'm screwed though lol.

I couldn't stand lvling on wow. Always gave someone a lot of gold to do it for me :P

EDIT : My numbers are no where near that. I played a pretty sloppy game though. I'm lvl 28 with 43 allies and 1900/1900 stats. I did pvp for a long time without a clue as to what i was doing (not checking peoples stats at all before attacking).
    Last edited by Futon; 05-05-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    It's a shame i can't play multiple games on the same device. If there wasn't so much downtime i would restart, but i don't think i wanna go through those first 28 levels again. Nice to know that i'm screwed though lol.

I couldn't stand lvling on wow. Always gave someone a lot of gold to do it for me :P

EDIT : My numbers are no where near that. I played a pretty sloppy game though. I'm lvl 28 with 43 allies and 1900/1900 stats. I did pvp for a long time without a clue as to what i was doing (not checking peoples stats at all before attacking).
    Futon, you could politely ask funzio to reset for you. Just explain why, and they should be ok with doing it. Always worth a try right?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexyman View Post
    Futon, you could politely ask funzio to reset for you. Just explain why, and they should be ok with doing it. Always worth a try right?
    Yeah i'm just not sure what the benefits would be.

Post Count
    Yeah i'm just not sure what the benefits would be.
    A more fun game, and one that you can enjoy by winning a lot?

Post Count
    A more fun game, and one that you can enjoy by winning a lot?
    That's a good point. I do tend to be a perfectionist and screwed up quite a bit. I emailed them so hopefully they will reset and i can get a fresh start and try to do it correctly this time around.

Post Count
    They said :

Thank you for contacting Funzio Support. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are not offering resets at this time. If we do start offering resets, will will let everyone in the game know. Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,
    S

Post Count
    They said :

Thank you for contacting Funzio Support. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are not offering resets at this time. If we do start offering resets, will will let everyone in the game know. Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,
    S

Sounds wired that they will not reset a game. It should be one of the easiest thing to do. Just find the right acount on the server and hit the "Delete" button.

Well when you are left with the misuse of the game Transfer method see the first 2 posts in Ghost guide to reset the game:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-To-Reset-Game