DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's a camper?

Lurker
    Post Count

What's a camper?

New to the forum and keep seeing references to campers vs cheaters. Thanks

Post Count
    Campers are people level up very slowly so they try not to get any experience so in this game a camper would someone who just collect money from buildings and nothing else
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Man bala has been here since 2012? For some reason I always assume he got here last Thursday...

Lurker
    Post Count
    Ok thanks, don't see any point to that but I'm used to that feeling

Post Count
    Well it depend on type of person some campers want purchase big ticket items like Movie theatre which unlock at 50 Mafia meaning that no matter what level you are you can get it once you get 50 Mafia members.

Personally i started off as a camper and now that i have got what i wanted i am following Game Goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Man bala has been here since 2012? For some reason I always assume he got here last Thursday...

Lurker
    Post Count
    A Camper is a Low lvl, with a ****load of Defense. They hope to get attacked in the low lvls of ppl with some Money.
    Of that money they build up a really great economy. I've seen ppl at lvl 16-17 with 3k Defense. And Millions of cash they carryin around.
    Gerry

799 495 325

Post Count
    There is a difference between a camper and a slow crawler.

A slow crawler does what bala said, a camper is.. Camping. Not leveling at all

CC: 189k/173k
    Without syndicate

MW: 817 804 062

Banned
    Post Count
    Staying in one place for too long can make you itchy.

Last edited by Burn; 04-28-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Post Count
    [QUOTE=CSxImperator;193529]Of that money they build up a really great economy. QUOTE]

Thats debatable, I have never seen a low level camper with a great income/hr. The only good buildings they have access to are lofts and movie theatres. Those can only take you so far. If you camp for a really long time you can get a night club. But if you want a great economy in a reasonable amount of time its best grow your economy while leveling up so that you can have access to the other high income buildings. Also, campers miss out on huge amounts of money from robberies and jobs that could go into growing their hood further. But for some reason choose not to

Post Count
    [QUOTE=Hank;193539]
    Quote Originally Posted by CSxImperator View Post
    Of that money they build up a really great economy. QUOTE]

Thats debatable, I have never seen a low level camper with a great income/hr. The only good buildings they have access to are lofts and movie theatres. Those can only take you so far. If you camp for a really long time you can get a night club. But if you want a great economy in a reasonable amount of time its best grow your economy while leveling up so that you can have access to the other high income buildings. Also, campers miss out on huge amounts of money from robberies and jobs that could go into growing their hood further. But for some reason choose not to
    A "great" income/hr is completely different from a competitive, or astonishing, income/hr based on one's level. The point of having the latter is to be the best player at any given level. If you are an average player, you can definitely have a greater income gain than a camper, but you're going to get crushed at every level you rise to, probably by someone who camped for quite a while.
    It's not about being the best at any level... but at your own level!
    As far as "never seen a low level camper with a great income/hr," I think I've accomplished that. From the majority of those in my mob, I have a greater economy at level 41 than 90% of those over 140. But like I said, it's all about the current level that one is at!
    CC "All-In-One" Spreadsheet version 4.0
    Tutorial on "Selling Low Level Buildings:"
    Part 1
    Part 2

Post Count
    I disagree that level should be considered when determining if someone has an impressive economy or not. If you camp for months you are obviously going to have more money and upgraded buildings than others at you level. Its because the people you are comparing yourself to probably just started like 2 weeks ago (or less). My point was that its a very inefficient way to play if your goal is to have a great ecomony/hood. Leveling provides many more resources. Everyone is welcome to play the way they want. I just look at it differently. I think if you compared the ecomonmy of yourself with someone who started at about the same time as you, who has also been focused on their ecomony AND has been leveling at the whole time. You would find that your hood is way behind.

Banned
    Post Count
    OK seriously, I would only recommend camping to those with bundles of patience and self control.

Non-commital half-arsed camping is a waste of time.

I have never ever camped, I level up ASAP, and focused on gaining as much Att and Def as I could, through farming and fighting initially, then through Thug Life.

By getting up to higher levels my economy is then looked after by robbing, and by buying higher level buildings that make many of the early buildings completely redundant, even those that have been maxed.

If you have the ability to camp, or slow crawl properly, there is some merit, and you could own high level Movie Theatres and Lofts, as well as Nightclubs and Hotels, well before you get to the high levels. Most will fail, get bored, lose interest, and quit. It is a strategy that requires a compatible personality.

And even with a boss economy, when you do get to where the big boys live, you will get all busted up anyway. Your riches will make you a target. A big target.

Plus, most 'amateur campers' I have seen have garbage Att and Defense stats - only the most outstanding of economies can subsequently rectify that. Plux is one example of such a player. Emcee and White Frog may join him one day. You are not them. You probably can not be them. You are a mortal.
    Last edited by Burn; 04-28-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Post Count
    The problem with camping, in my opinion, is that you can only increase your economy by doing so. Therefore all you gain is a better in game cash income.

Unfortunately in game cash is the most worthless commodity in crime city... for me it is not worth spending all my effort increasing it.

I also find camping impossibly boring.

Post Count
    You have to keep in mind that many if not most campers are 2nd accounts for people who have an active game going. My camper is a diversion from my main game. I will spend money on the main, no money on the camper. It's just something different to do. In that case, it's not boring at all.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeycool View Post
    The problem with camping, in my opinion, is that you can only increase your economy by doing so. Therefore all you gain is a better in game cash income.

Unfortunately in game cash is the most worthless commodity in crime city... for me it is not worth spending all my effort increasing it.
    I also find camping impossibly boring.
    Probably most of the people would say you right, but from my point of view I treat my income per hour like I treat my attack and defense power.
    When I’ll reach higher level I want to be the strongest I can be, but I also want kickass economy.
    It’s all about playing style.
    Kaz
    435 879 533
    Level 153
    66k Attack 67k Defense
    522k IPH

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I will probably camp(crawling actually) when i finish all the Tl goals.

TL goals are prob one of the most important missions in the game.