Advice: NVB vs Chain Whip

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Advice: NVB vs Chain Whip

Post Count

Question Advice: NVB vs Chain Whip

I have been focusing using my RPs on vehicles (25 Yamaha bikes, 40x Mustangs). Now that I am camping a bit to catch up on stats and $$, I am debating whether I should grab more mid-level NVBs (and pay for Steel Garrote via $$) for now or just jump straight to CWs (not sure what to buy for armor). I do plan to camp for another 4-10 levels, so expect more RPs coming.

Below is my current stats:

Level 61
    Mafia: 290
    # Weapon: 876
    # of Armor: 424
    # of Cars: 159
    Mafia Atk: 5868
    Mafia Def: 7336
    Inc/Hr: 8830
    RPs sitting: 2887

From a Melee standpoint, I am mostly still on Brass Knuckles (100x), Meat Cleavers (x83), and mix of loots. I currently have 2 CWs.

From an Armor standpoint, 50x NVBs, 36x Combat Boots, and mix of various loots.

Or should I use RPs for cars?

Post Count
    i say excelero all the way, but most will tell you NVB and CWs

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tempt View Post
    I have been focusing using my RPs on vehicles (25 Yamaha bikes, 40x Mustangs). Now that I am camping a bit to catch up on stats and $$, I am debating whether I should grab more mid-level NVBs (and pay for Steel Garrote via $$) for now or just jump straight to CWs (not sure what to buy for armor). I do plan to camp for another 4-10 levels, so expect more RPs coming.

Level 61

From a Melee standpoint, I am mostly still on Brass Knuckles (100x), Meat Cleavers (x83), and mix of loots. I currently have 2 CWs.

From an Armor standpoint, 50x NVBs, 36x Combat Boots, and mix of various loots.

Or should I use RPs for cars?
    If you need stats now, choose NVB, if not choose CWs....focus on end game items...CWs are definitely end game, no other item comes even close...You do have to make a choice in Armor...either you go NVB and add FBI shields later (for combined 16A, 24D for 300RP and $1.5mm each) or FBG (17A, 27D for 800 RP). I've chosen NVB, which has allowed me to get 400+ of them, 400+ CWs and now almost 100 Exceleros with my RP.

And don't buy Steel Garotes unless you absolutely need the attack stats...you will get a ton of Nail Bats from PvP, so Steel Garrotes will only add 3A, 0D....put your money back into your econ so you buy end-game items, explosives, FBI shields, etc....

Banned
    Post Count
    Since I am not at level yet to get Exceleros - I focus on CW - but still sometimes pick up the NVB's or the Yamaha's - since I'm always short on vehicles.

Post Count
    i got 75 yamahas

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    If you need stats now, choose NVB, if not choose CWs....focus on end game items...CWs are definitely end game, no other item comes even close...You do have to make a choice in Armor...either you go NVB and add FBI shields later (for combined 16A, 24D for 300RP and $1.5mm each) or FBG (17A, 27D for 800 RP). I've chosen NVB, which has allowed me to get 400+ of them, 400+ CWs and now almost 100 Exceleros with my RP.

And don't buy Steel Garotes unless you absolutely need the attack stats...you will get a ton of Nail Bats from PvP, so Steel Garrotes will only add 3A, 0D....put your money back into your econ so you buy end-game items, explosives, FBI shields, etc....
    Those are great numbers. What level are you?
    Kaz
    435 879 533
    Level 153
    66k Attack 67k Defense
    522k IPH

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    either you go NVB and add FBI shields later (for combined 16A, 24D for 300RP and $1.5mm each) or FBG (17A, 27D for 800 RP).
    So I assume you mean when I attack, NVB will kick in 16A; when I am attacked, FBI shield will kick in 24D?

And I don't see Exceleros nor FBG yet....so that's not an option.

I guess option 3 is to sit on RPs until I see some of those things. BTW, when do Exceleros and FBG appear? Can't access spreadsheet behind some weird firewall.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    I'm 61, but if you are asking murf...

Post Count
    CW's all the way. Im currently replacing my NVB and I wish I would have saved all the RP.
    Game Name: Saint
    MW - Leader of Original Black Ops

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    Thanks...level 183...completing Thug Life gets you a lot of RP...definitely have slowed down last week or so.

Banned
    Post Count
    The most bang for your buck at your level will come from NVB, in your shoes I would get them up to 250 before moving onto Whips. The other option is to save the R for Exceleros later in the game (level 115).

But NVB, for the relatively low R cost, is a great piece if kit, and still serves pretty well at the higher levels.

Don't put too much into Yamahas, I bought 250 and wish I hadn't, as I can now farm better vehicles to supplement my growing fleet of Exceleros. Ultimately my Yams will be completely redundant, and then represent nothing more than wasted R points.

That's my view anyway.
    Last edited by Burn; 04-27-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Post Count
    Thanks all. Decided to plunge the 3000 RPs into NVB for now. Net 60 NVB, maybe build up to 150 before getting something else.

The 10 NVBs netted an increase of 140 to ATK and DEF each. Not bad.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tempt View Post

Level 61

Dude, if you are really interested in what is the right way to spend your RPs to dominate this game, the first thing you need to consider
    IS YOUR INCOME PER HOUR. :O

This is vital for a player to be competitive in end game, I hope you realize that.
    Your income is around lvl 20s player's stats. Please bump them up since you have the access to MT and LOFT.
    Started on Dec 10 2011
    MW 183 657 097 IpH 9,500,000

Started on Feb 5 2012
    CC 357 749 226 IpH 16,500,000

Started on April 19 2012
    KA 885 307 144 IpH 45000

A good death is its Own reward.

Banned
    Post Count
    I was joking, whatever you do, DO NOT buy NVB!

I was joking about joking, good buy

I was joking about joking about jo... never mind.