and attack skill points do what exactly?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: and attack skill points do what exactly?

Post Count

and attack skill points do what exactly?

we have no answer as to what they really do, hence they are worthless.
    seeya wouldnt wanna be ya!

Post Count
    They are your virtual biceps: don't help in fights much, but nice to look at
    Pay the game the way it's meant to be payed!

Post Count
    I so want to believe otherwise, but there is no evidence that suggests they have a significant effect. You've asked Funzio, I've asked Funzio, two dozen other people have asked, but they refuse to give any explanation of their significance. Actually, I hate to be a conspirator, but their refusal to explain suggests that they are either a placebo and have no effect (doubtful) or have such a small effect, that if people knew, they wouldn't use attack/defense skill points again or purchase any event items that add them.

Post Count
    i think the effect of it is what you see is what you get, 1 = 1 which is why the havent given the answer

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    i must say its a bit ridiculous not answering a simple question like this for as long as its been

Post Count
    They supposedly raise the chances of winning fights/robberies. By how much? Unknown.
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Post Count
    exactly.....

Banned
    Post Count
    Good post X, I was just thinking this would make a good thread now that several veterans have recently spent some time with a significant skill boost.

I have, in fact, also been thinking about attack and defense (a/d) skill points, and their effect, since a little before the Bank Buster arrived. So far, these are the two things I have been thinking about most relating to a/d skill points:

A/d skill points are only used in fights. Read the "skills" page carefully. Kind of like the way defense buildings do more for robberies... I think.

A/d skill points are associated with explosives consumption. I can't verify anything in regards to defense explosives, but if I attack 10 rivals with the same true defense and only one of them costs me explosives, that rival probably invested in defense skill. If the visible scores are the same, where else could that difference come from?

Also, since getting the Bank Buster, has anyone noticed anything different? Did you slowly start attacking stronger rivals, or did you go for the big fish right away? Personally, I think there is a difference but I am too small of a sample size to be of any significance.
    Last edited by dudeman; 04-26-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Post Count
    Great post dudeman, gave me a lot to think about. I havent seen a huge boost from my bank buster, but i've invested a good amount in crates and am much stronger than most at my level, so i dont lose many attacks.

I did absolutely notice that it seemed to make no difference when robbing, and obviously going and reading the skill point explanations you're correct.

The defense building part still really gets me. I've been robbing some higher defense people lately, and maybe its just my head playing tricks on me...but people who show up with about the same defense as my attack, and have leveled up bodyguards, seem to burn my explosives a bit more.

Banned
    Post Count
    For quite some time now I have thought "upgrading defense buildings is like adding skill points to robbery defense".

We don't see the full effect of what defense buildings do, but they aren't there for s#!ts and giggles. Why would Funzio go to such trouble as to not only dupe us all, but in some cases involving RM. Varying opinions aside, I don't think they would go through the effort of creating an entire aspect of the game just for pointless trickery.

It just makes sense to me that defense buildings have more effect when defending buildings, and skill points have more effect on player skill. In both cases you decide how much resources to devote to whichever category, so it's just another play style issue.

Post Count
    Attack points ain't shiplau!@#
    And here's the deal:

My attack skill is 261! You would think that it's supposed to make at least a moderate difference.
    Last edited by i need muney; 04-26-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by i need muney View Post
    Attack points ain't shiplau!@#
    And here's the deal:~~~
    My attack skill is 261! You would think that it's supposed to make at least a moderate difference.
    Choose your targets more wisely? Idk, that all I can suggest.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    Choose your targets more wisely? Idk, that all I can suggest.
    Dude, this ain't relevant

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholost View Post
    I so want to believe otherwise, but there is no evidence that suggests they have a significant effect. You've asked Funzio, I've asked Funzio, two dozen other people have asked, but they refuse to give any explanation of their significance. Actually, I hate to be a conspirator, but their refusal to explain suggests that they are either a placebo and have no effect (doubtful) or have such a small effect, that if people knew, they wouldn't use attack/defense skill points again or purchase any event items that add them.
    On my main account I can't beat too many people in PVP, my attack skill is quite low.
    On my extra account I had 40 attack by the time I was level 25, I could beat people in PVP who had up to 100 more defence than I had attack (PVP).

Not sure how much it adds, but I'm convinced it works.

CC: 189k/173k
    Without syndicate

MW: 817 804 062

Lurker
    Post Count
    I agree that the skills increase the chance of a successful attack/defence. I for one have noticed a great difference since I got the Bank Buster and have not lost an attack since obtaining it. Before getting the Bank Buster there was a chance that I would lose an attack 1 in 10 times even if my attack was 2 or 3 hundred over their defence and I would almost never win if my attack was lower than their defence.
    I think that many high level players who have the Bank Buster do not notice much of a change because the variance of 100 skill points is much lower at that level than it is for someone at a lower level.