Utter Frustration...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utter Frustration...

Post Count

Utter Frustration...

Had 9 Credit Cards with over 2 days to go and did not get the 10th, opened at least 100+ boxes successfully and nothing to show for. I know its part of the game, but that probability rate is pretty crazy. less than 1% or my luck just sucks lol. Also, they are rolling out another event soon, these events need to be spaced out some more. it's just getting a little old. The only reason they keep rolling out these events so soon is because they are cash cows for Funzio. I would have to say, I do love the game but some of their business strategies are getting a little obnoxious.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Justintubbs01 View Post
    Had 9 Credit Cards with over 2 days to go and did not get the 10th, opened at least 100+ boxes successfully and nothing to show for. I know its part of the game, but that probability rate is pretty crazy. less than 1% or my luck just sucks lol. Also, they are rolling out another event soon, these events need to be spaced out some more. it's just getting a little old. The only reason they keep rolling out these events so soon is because they are cash cows for Funzio. I would have to say, I do love the game but some of their business strategies are getting a little obnoxious.
    I'm on the same page.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Justintubbs01 View Post
    Same here bro.. It sucks BIGTIME to have such a long streak of nothing in the ATM while having 9/10 CC's

Post Count
    +1 this is frustration city
    "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    the first 2 days i got 9 credit card and i was thinking YES, but zero the last 3 days. 9/10 credit card.

Post Count
    Many of us in the same boat but there has been a few lucky ones who got all 10. I wasn't one of the lucky ones but at least I kept my wits and did not use any gold on this event.

Banned
    Post Count
    What a pile of crap. Had 8 CC within the 1st day then nothing and i opened 20 day a complete joke IMO

Banned
    Post Count
    I have been in this situation before. With the Diamond Sig (round 2, HD only) I had 9 Damonds for a week. Well over 100 successful opens (96 in the last few hours), no 10th Diamond. The only person with worse luck than that is Whoopdidoo, and I argue that my luck was worse because at 9, the 10th is just dangling there in front of you. At least at 8 (like Whoop had), you can give up hope before the last second ticks down and the app crashes.

In complete contrast to that, I was one of the really lucky people this event. I got the Bank Buster with 3 days 3 hours left to the event, and I didn't spend one bit of gold to get it. I have only seen one person so far who had better luck than me. Euchred got it before I did, also no gold spent (correct me if wrong), and he got Cards 8, 9, and 10 back-to-back-to-back.

The luck factor with these events does work both ways. Just try to make the happy feeling from winning last longer than the disappointed feeling of not winning.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz-st View Post
    What a pile of crap. Had 8 CC within the 1st day then nothing and i opened 20 day a complete joke IMO
    this, hurts epecially when you do the effort

Post Count
    For some people to get 10/10, someone have to get 0/200
    I have never gotten higher than 9th in an event, but you still get freebies... And you can, as many others, choose NOT to use gold. Not sure if you know it, but you do have a choice.

CC: 189k/173k
    Without syndicate

MW: 817 804 062

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywalker View Post
    I have never gotten higher than 9th in an event, but you still get freebies... And you can, as many others, choose NOT to use gold. Not sure if you know it, but you do have a choice.
    You beat me to the punch, early bird gets the worm. Lol
    I was lucky in this, 10 on mnju03 9 on Michael with a lot of other loot instead of bank buster.
    Let's face it, you can earn skill points easily for free anyways, certain loot...
    Like RP is a nice gold/loot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Hahaha,

I have a story about that. I probably shouldn't share it. Kinda lame, actually. Forget I said anything.

Consistent Contributor Dangerous Greg's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz-st View Post
    My exact experience. I opened 115 spending gold to get my 9th card but it never happened. I won't do it again.

Hey, I bet we can file a small claims court action against them on the grounds that there was no realistic chance that we were ever going to open a box and get a cc. This way they would HAVE to state what the chances really were! Since they don't state but imply that it is possible to realistically open an ATM to get a card, they would have to state the probability. Really that's all I want to know...what were MY chances because I think my chances with 290 unopened ATMs was less than 1%. If so, a judge would consider that unrealistically low and maybe I can get my money back for all the gold I bought to get NOTHING! Very short-sighted on Finzio's part to build output algorithms that would leave their players so frustrated and upset.

Consistent Contributor Dangerous Greg's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywalker View Post
    Yes, you have a choice and you make that choice to spend gold believing there is a reasonable chance of success based on real and perceived outcomes. IF the odds of opening are extremely rare or unlikely for a given player and he is not aware of how the cards are stacked against him/her then the user is not making an informed choice. With over 115 boxes opened without a CC I believe that my chances were far less than others. I bought gold with the belief that my chances were the same as others and all I needed to do was work harder and spend money to get what I wanted. Looking at other peoples success lead me to believe that I could get what I wanted. 115 attempts!!! I was willing to pay THAT price with a reasonable expectation of success!!! The fact that so many others were able to get the FINAL goal much easer than that effort tells me that the odds are NOT the same. That makes it wrong In my opinion.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Dangerous Greg

I have seen a lot of your posts about your plight to get the CC's and I have to say that I'm in 100% agreement with what you have stated. Some people get to 10 without issues and the rest struggle to get anywhere near it.

Banned
    Post Count
    Events are a game of chance, a game that at very least gives you free stuff.

What exactly have you got to complain about?

Three options...

1. Take part for free and get nice crate-level items for zero cost.

2. Take part, get crate items, and use Gold to try and get the end-item if necessary. There are no guarantees, it is luck, all you are doing by buying Gold is increasing your opens and increasing your odds. It is still a gamble - with NO GUARANTEE

3. Don't take part at all.

If you choose Option 2, it is your own choice. There is no-one to blame but yourself if the gamble fails.
    Last edited by Burn; 04-23-2012 at 05:40 AM.