Beginners Guide For Kingdom Age - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginners Guide For Kingdom Age

Post Count
    Sorry Ghost one more question, haha. In the FAQ it states that there is a level cap. Have you discovered what it is yet?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMort View Post
    Great guide Ghost! Thanks for making this. I have a couple a questions that I was wondering if you know. First I was wondering how the defensive building benefit players and where they benefit. My other questions is: When you are attacking rivals (pvp) does your hero go into battle with you? For example say you have just 1 ally so you bring in 3 units, 3 weapons, 3 armor... does the hero also go into battle wearing it's armor? Or does the hero only effect pve?
    The Animation is just for fun, it doesn't matter which units you take in the animation. As for what you take into battle is factored by allies I assume that the hero is already counted as 1 ally. If it wasn't how would you attack in the beginning of the game. Just my opinion though, I will get a definite answer for this one.
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Post Count
    Sorry Ghost one more question, haha. In the FAQ it states that there is a level cap. Have you discovered what it is yet?
    No but I will also have an answer soon.

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?

Post Count
    Thank you very much.

Do you understand the role defense buildings play? As in do you know in what situations they boost your defense, ie being raided vs attacked?

Post Count
    Great guide Ghost! I would think that all the noob's shd really appreciate the help. It's a tough new world out there!
    MW id# 904002220
    CC id# 306196941
    game name tate

KA id# 544044079
    game name Cobra

If you send a request, please PM me so I can add you and drop a stranger,
    and there a
    lot of strangers.....

Post Count
    Thank you very much.

Do you understand the role defense buildings play? As in do you know in what situations they boost your defense, ie being raided vs attacked?
    Defense buildings contribute the shown defense amount that their radius covers. I will have a definite answer for exactly what they do soon.

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?

Post Count
    Thanks Ghost.

Just downloaded and got it started, happened to be 12 gold blocks for Crime City inside of TapJoy.

Something else to waste time when I'm at work. lol
    Last edited by fuzzy; 04-21-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Indians....Fight One Fight All....

Indian Nation Looking For Bullies...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost818 View Post
    The Animation is just for fun, it doesn't matter which units you take in the animation. As for what you take into battle is factored by allies I assume that the hero is already counted as 1 ally. If it wasn't how would you attack in the beginning of the game. Just my opinion though, I will get a definite answer for this one.
    In a further look at this, it looks like to me that when you go to battle the armor or your hero can be used in battle (on one of your other units) but the hero itself is not part of the actual statistics of the battle since the hero doesn't have stats of it's own. But it looks like if you have no units and go into battle you can't even use your hero's armor for the pvp battle since you have no unit to wear it. I tested this out and attacked without any units and I had 0 units armor and weapons even though my hero had some. Another observation I noticed was when I added one unit and attacked another player the one unit used a weapon but he did not use the armor my hero had. I have a hypothesis that may be because the hero armor I had may not have been an equip-able type of armor for the foot soldier that was my one unit. When I bought a different type of armor for my hero the unit was able to use it into battle.

Post Count
    Ghost,

That was awesome, thanks for the guide.

I still don't understand the #of allies cap. I went from 250 to 45. I don't get to see the people I want to chat with and I can't search them up. In MW you can look for more. Was it a Glitch that at lvl 9 I could have 250?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by THE1&ONLY>FISH View Post
    Ghost,

That was awesome, thanks for the guide.

I still don't understand the #of allies cap. I went from 250 to 45. I don't get to see the people I want to chat with and I can't search them up. In MW you can look for more. Was it a Glitch that at lvl 9 I could have 250?
    Not a glitch, they just felt it would be easier for players to regulate and understand how many allies they are using, you still have those allies, I guess they just need to be unlocked.

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?

Post Count
    In a further look at this, it looks like to me that when you go to battle the armor or your hero can be used in battle (on one of your other units) but the hero itself is not part of the actual statistics of the battle since the hero doesn't have stats of it's own. But it looks like if you have no units and go into battle you can't even use your hero's armor for the pvp battle since you have no unit to wear it. I tested this out and attacked without any units and I had 0 units armor and weapons even though my hero had some. Another observation I noticed was when I added one unit and attacked another player the one unit used a weapon but he did not use the armor my hero had. I have a hypothesis that may be because the hero armor I had may not have been an equip-able type of armor for the foot soldier that was my one unit. When I bought a different type of armor for my hero the unit was able to use it into battle.
    I was told by support that the animation has no effect on the outcome, it's just for fun. Of course if that is what you were referring to. Perhaps of you want to get more specific contact support and you can give me insight on how it works I'll update the guide when you have official news

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?

Post Count
    One last thing on that topic..... Are you telling me they chose which ones I kept for my battles or do I still get to use the people I want? The ones left on my screen are almost all lvl 10 or below. My heavy hitters aren't in my 45. Support told me they were still there but, didn't explain which ones I was taking into battle. Any clarification?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost818 View Post
    I was told by support that the animation has no effect on the outcome, it's just for fun. Of course if that is what you were referring to. Perhaps of you want to get more specific contact support and you can give me insight on how it works I'll update the guide when you have official news
    Thanks

Sorry, I was a little confusing in what I said. Yeah it makes sense to me that the battle animations are just for fun, I was referring to the actual stats of the battle and the outcome. That is what I was referring to when I tested it out.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by THE1&ONLY>FISH View Post
    One last thing on that topic..... Are you telling me they chose which ones I kept for my battles or do I still get to use the people I want? The ones left on my screen are almost all lvl 10 or below. My heavy hitters aren't in my 45. Support told me they were still there but, didn't explain which ones I was taking into battle. Any clarification?
    the levels, stats, gender, class or amount of allies that your allies have does not affect you in anyway. Its all base on your unit stats and what you equip them with. Allies just allow you to use 3 more units. That's all.

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?

Post Count
    Ghost, this is fantastic! Thanks so much for the help. I wish I had insight like this before starting Crime City day 1. I am still waiting for KA promotion for the free shotgun for iPad players. As soon as that happens, I'm there. Thanks again man!