Beginners Guide For Kingdom Age - Page 19

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginners Guide For Kingdom Age

Post Count

Question about stats

When an ally looks at my profile, the figures for Attack and Defence are significantly higher (about 25%) than when I look at my profile? Is this down to the skill points I have invested?

Also, the "Best Weapon" and "Best Armour" that my ally sees listed in my profile are different from what I see. Everything else appears the same.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Ally list

Is there any way to sort the ally list? sometimes I want to see how things are with some of my allies, and to scroll through a couple of hundred of them, isn't always the nicest thing to do. I would for example love to have my ally list sorted from newest to oldest allies.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Forum knights

Who or what are the Forum Knights? I see a lot of references to them, both over here, and on the players comments in the game.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
    When an ally looks at my profile, the figures for Attack and Defence are significantly higher (about 25%) than when I look at my profile? Is this down to the skill points I have invested?

Also, the "Best Weapon" and "Best Armour" that my ally sees listed in my profile are different from what I see. Everything else appears the same.
    Your ally looking at you is seeing boosted stats. This is something they're doing to a small number of players. See the thread on the subject below.

Best Weapon/Armor is a bug. It always shows your player class when you look at other. IE it will show mages equipping rogue weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound604 View Post
    Is there any way to sort the ally list? sometimes I want to see how things are with some of my allies, and to scroll through a couple of hundred of them, isn't always the nicest thing to do. I would for example love to have my ally list sorted from newest to oldest allies.
    No sorting is available.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound604 View Post
    Who or what are the Forum Knights? I see a lot of references to them, both over here, and on the players comments in the game.
    Its a group of members of this forum who've joined together as an alliance. Search will find more answers for you.

Post Count
    Ghost's guide is a great game manual but progression strategy is totally turned on it's head now. Box Crate Events, Epics and Scratchers create a new 2 direction dynamic across all 3 games!
    “Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon.” 1803: Lord Horatio Nelson

Post Count
    Thanks Plux. I believe this was a great "Beginners Guide" as I intended it to be. However I assume most of that data is probably not as accurate anymore, I wouldn't know cause I don't follow KA anymore.
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count
    So I've been playing kingdom age for a few months. But I am very new to the forums. I just want some beginners/dumb questions answered if possible.
    When talking about say boss events. What are people referring to when they say brackets or the letter T like this?
    T-0: 3 hits
    T-1: 2 hits
    T-24: 2 hits
    T-47: 2 hits
    T-70: 2 hits
    T-93: 2 hits
    T-116: 2 hits

At the moment I have about 35k attack. How many times could I expect to be able to attack and defeat these bosses?

If anyone had a recommendation for upgrades what would they be? Should we go money Upgraded completely first. Then work on unit/ boost buildings. Or should we go both back and forth. I'm far in the game lvl80.. But I could always use advice

Articulate Author Funkey monkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt road Joe View Post
    When talking about say boss events. What are people referring to when they say brackets or the letter T like this?

At the moment I have about 35k attack. How many times could I expect to be able to attack and defeat these bosses?

If anyone had a recommendation for upgrades what would they be? Should we go money Upgraded completely first. Then work on unit/ boost buildings. Or should we go both back and forth. I'm far in the game lvl80.. But I could always use advice
    The boss strength (how hard is is to kill a boss), which is based upon what bracket you are in. The bracket is dependent on the level that you start to attack the boss. You are in the 76-100 bracket. Your bracket is harder than what you see a lot of the forumites commenting on. When you go to hit the boss with a free hit what number shows up next to boss?

Have you looked at the spreadsheets on the first page of Ghost's guide? They are a good place to look at what you should work on to upgrade. Warning: Once you go very far into the 100s territory, it will be a lot harder to upgrade the Breeding Den, Manors and Lenders. I would focus on those three while you are still in the 80s, unless you don't have the income to build those three then I would focus on the easier buildings.
    IGN:Funkey monkey
    KA: 909164955
    MQ: 970090885
    Taking requests for Allies by PM.

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkey monkey View Post
    You are in the 76-100 bracket. Your bracket is harder than what you see a lot of the forumites commenting on. When you go to hit the boss with a free hit what number shows up next to boss?
    My attack is about 34500 probably really weak for my level... But when I attack the event boss if I pay gold I hit approx. 33000. I have no health bonuses or anything. So my timer is 24 minutes heal. Is hitting 4 times and waiting 24 minutes a good strategy? I have been attacking 3 hits then waiting about 5 minutes and the hit 2 more times before i have to wait 24 minutes again. Just want your opinions on what's best.

Articulate Author Funkey monkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    I can't be positive, since you said approx but with 33,000 you should be able to take down boss 10 with 13 hits

Do this:

Hit 3x
    Wait one minute
    Hit 2x
    Wait 26 minutes
    Hit 2x
    Repeat every 26 minutes

If you get off schedule: Wait 26 minutes before giving him 2 hits

Full recovery time: 1 hr, 40 before next boss
    Use a timer to be exact and share your actual boss attack next time
    IGN:Funkey monkey
    KA: 909164955
    MQ: 970090885
    Taking requests for Allies by PM.

Lurker
    Post Count

Might be a dim question...

Hoping for some help and an answer to what might be a very stupid question!

I am level 12 with 49 allies. IPH 1491. Attack 2069, Defense 1980. When I buy new units however neither my attack or defense scores increase - why????

Help!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadi View Post
    Hoping for some help and an answer to what might be a very stupid question!

I am level 12 with 49 allies. IPH 1491. Attack 2069, Defense 1980. When I buy new units however neither my attack or defense scores increase - why????

Help!
    With 49 allies, you take 147 units into battle...if neither your attack or defense increase with a new unit purchased, then the new unit must not be any better than your current top 147 units in attack or defense.

Post Count
    Great read! I'm starting out Kingdom Age and this really helped. Looking forward to get in touch with the rest of you for more tips.
    Happy Camping!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cl!CKeR View Post
    Great read! I'm starting out Kingdom Age and this really helped. Looking forward to get in touch with the rest of you for more tips.
    Do what I did; use your previous strategy game experience (develop economy, develop defense, develop units and start having helluva fun), read the forum for hints. I've been reading the forum since it started, you wil find a lot of useful info here. Folks here appear to be genuinely friendly, well I've been reading them for 5 months and they are helpful.

Post Count
    This guide is really helpful! Is there another thread that provides suggested strategies on how to build a strong base army? I'm starting this game and right now I'm still looking at the possible units composition. I understand certain units have strengths and weaknesses against others, but I'm not sure what is the best way to build a strong army. And how to start building it as this would really help me be guided on which unit buildings to upgrade and which units to bring to battle. Thanks for your advice.
    Happy Camping!