Beginners Guide For Kingdom Age - Page 18

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginners Guide For Kingdom Age

Post Count
    For mage, my magic units will gain a bonus in A/D?
    Add Me - 730 133 683 (MW)
    Level 37.

Articulate Author Funkey monkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NSC View Post
    For mage, my magic units will gain a bonus in A/D?
    Nope, Player classes are Warrior, Mage, and Rogue. As stated in the FAQs there is no significant difference in any of these classes, other than the Hero Equipment available for them to buy, and the Weapons/Armor that can be equipped.

You can build a Magic Temple at level 22 to boost your Magic units.
    IGN:Funkey monkey
    KA: 909164955
    MQ: 970090885
    Taking requests for Allies by PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkey monkey View Post
    Nope, Player classes are Warrior, Mage, and Rogue. As stated in the FAQs there is no significant difference in any of these classes, other than the Hero Equipment available for them to buy, and the Weapons/Armor that can be equipped.

You can build a Magic Temple at level 22 to boost your Magic units.
    Okay thanks! I thought it was like Modern War. Heh.
    Still new to the game. It's slightly harder to earn money here though, time =/
    Add Me - 730 133 683 (MW)
    Level 37.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterider View Post
    I would like to share some strategies for upgrading Money Buildings.

Early in the game I found out that RIO index is not worth to follow, don't know who is using it even in the real life, since there are always other factor to consider an investment

I am using slightly different approach when buffing my Income.

(...)

I am using an Index number that I have labeled "Upgrade Gold Gain per Hour" - it means how much gold I will gain per 1 hour of upgrade time.

I am using this Index to compare all buildings and to choose that upgrade that will give me most gold gain per collecting hour for the least upgrade time.

(...)
    Hello whiterider, thanks for posting your thoughts and your spreadsheet.

I completely agree with you that gold is a more abundant resource than time to upgrade, so I do prefer to rank upgrades based on incremental output per upgrade time.

However, if I am not mistaken, one factor that your index does not account for is the frequency of collection, even though you mention that in your message. That is, let's be realistic: even though a Cottage can have a high index, who is going to collect all 288 times per day without losing a second between collections?

To that effect, the original spreadsheet has one column named $ gain/ day/ upgrade hr that tries to capture the collection factor as well. Thus, I choose to use this indicator to guide my next upgrades.

Ultimately this indicator and your index are very similar, it's just that the former tries to include another factor. Actually, if I am not mistaken, if you do a regression between your index and the indicator from the original spreadsheet assuming your collection efficiency is 100%, you should see an R-square close to 1.

And I also agree with you: upgrade your vault as much and as fast as you can! :-)

Once again, thanks for your thoughts. It's good to see other people prioritizing upgrade time over gold.

PS: I think that your level 2 Bazaar might have a wrong reference in the index column
    KA player: 258-883-538

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterider View Post
    I would like to share some strategies for upgrading Money Buildings.

Early in the game I found out that RIO index is not worth to follow, don't know who is using it even in the real life, since there are always other factor to consider an investment

I am using slightly different approach when buffing my Income.

First of all, common sence:
    Cottages change a lot the Income per Hour but are worth it only up to 5th-10th level when you need to buy less expensive units and 20 gold/5 minutes is much appreciated. My Cottages are at lvl 7 at the moment because of the silly quests I got and I dont intend to upgrade them any further.

I am using an Index number that I have labeled "Upgrade Gold Gain per Hour" - it means how much gold I will gain per 1 hour of upgrade time.

I am using this Index to compare all buildings and to choose that upgrade that will give me most gold gain per collecting hour for the least upgrade time.

Or in real life economic it just means "How to gain most money in the shortest time considering I have enough investments" - Upgrade money is no problem in Kingdoms age and this is why Return of Investment Index is worthless. You always will have more money than you can spend on upgrades if you are somehow inteligent developing your Kingdom.

A great factor in spending money in KA is the Vault size - there is a danger keeping large ammounts of unspend money in game. So better use them on upgrades.

I.E. Upgrade Shipyard (Collect in 18 hours) from lvl 1 to lvl 2 (500 gold to 1000 gold): upgrade time: 27 hours, gold upgrade 500 gold/18 hours, Upgrade Gold per Hour Index = (500/18)/27 = 1.03

This compared to Stables (same collect time building) from lvl 1 to lvl 2 gives you an Index of 4.03 so it is better to upgrade your Stables first. Of course your Stables could be higher than 2nd level at the time you have build your Shipyards so I always compare the next levels of any two buildings I want to upgrade.

This assures more gold gain for the same upgrade time and faster money growth.

Next thing I consider is the gold "step" between any two levels of upgrades. I.E. Shipyard 1 to 2 gives you 28 gold/hour (500 gold / 18 hours) but Shipyard 2 to 3 gives you 14 gold.

This "gold gain step" applies to any building: upgrading any building from 1st to 2nd level gives you double the ammount of gold than any further level, so I always upgrade any building at least to 2nd level and if the UHG Index is lower I leave that building without any further upgrades. There is no need to upgrade the Inn pass the 2nd level because the gold gain compared to the hours needed for the upgrade is unsignificant compared to the Leatherworker, and looking at the numbers there is less gain from Silos pass the 5th level than again Leatherworker - even if you dont understand the concept, just following the numbers can give you the right idea that it is much more worth it to upgrade Leatherworker than Inns or Silos. You will invest less hours for more gold gain upgrading the Leatherworkers than Inns or Silos.

Of course the UPH Index is worth to follow pass your 10th level, till than you dont have much choise upgrading buildings and is best to follow when camping. UPH Index does not apply to the short "bonus" upgrade times at the start of the game - like 30 seconds upgrade or 15 minutes upgrade.

I started to use this approach because sometimes the gold gain from some buildings looks very aluring but if you dont pay close attention to the upgrade time you cant understand that it is not a real gain and it is better to upgrade a building with slighlty less gold gain per hour but in much shorter time.

Again, for these that do not fully understand this concept:
    1. Use your common sense - check if the upgrade time is not at 4 am, because it is not worth it to lose your sleep even for KA

2. Check if you have enough money for the next Vault upgrade - this is more worth than anything in the game, after you have maxed your Vault, you are free to follow this strategy at full.

3. Make a short list how many times you can milk all of your buildings, I can collect money from Libraries/Butcher Shops only two times a day so I consider these buildings 12 hours not 8 hours and I have changed their values in the Excel file from 8 to 12, but all of this is up to you. UPH Index is best worth it to compare the buildings in the same group or close group of collect hours - libraries to butcher shops, inns to silos etc.

4. Choose the building that will give you the highest Index and upgrade it.

Make a list of at least 10 buildings and than see if their finishing time is in a comfortable for you hour of the day, I have another table that calculates all of this but I dont have the time to clear it from my datas and to post it here.

For the time being I am posting only the Excel file that compares all buildings to their UPH Index.

Just to show you how good this works, I have a Kingdom of 40 tiles, Vault of 220 k, more than a million spend on equipment, more high priests and flaming catapults that I need and more gold from bazaars/merchant caravans/farms per hour than I need to open an event chest for my level (which sometimes is a big limit - so I do not rely on these buildings for developing my kingdom and in the same time I always get at least 15 gems from free play using game gold with no worries that I limit myself). Every day I am always at the edge of my Vault limit and usually at the end of the day I spend gold on equpment or more units because someone can take it from me. Even my Defense density is more than 170 I dont want to donate gold to better players

p.s. Actually this Index is the real Return of Investment Index, I cant understand why someone has decided to just divide the upgrade cost to the collected money and has labeled this ROI since this excludes so many other factors from the formula.
    good tips on upgrade choices, and I do something similar as well.

I've created my own spreadsheet where I use my assumptions for how often I will collect those buildings (i.e. perhaps I put in that I will collect the bazaar and merchant caravan 10 times each day), that way my own ROI is based on my own playing style and collection times.

I dont base everything on ROI, though, everything is fluid depending on the goals at the time.

if I just purchased a big upgrade that busted my saved gold/vault, the next upgrade will be a medium or small one, so that I'm upgrading something while saving gold for the next big upgrade.

I also look at my own schedule, if a building is going to be done upgrading at 3 pm, I dont want the next upgrade purchased to be on an 36 hour clock and thus be finished at 3 am, when I'm hopefully sleeping... I'll instead target a 24 hour or whatever works for my real life schedule to be able to start the next building upgrade.

Post Count
    Just want to share my thoughts following on from the last few posts about upgrading money buildings:
    -I found that the 1hr buildings actually rates very highly on the "Upgrade gain per hr" index, even after adjusting for collecting only 10-12 times a day. Thus I now have 2xL10 Bazaars and L9 & L7 Caravans, which I estimate make up almost 50% of my real income.
    -The end times of upgrades have been a big factor for me; after ruling out the ones that finish in sleep/work hours, the remaining choices are usually very limited.
    -Eventually big upgrades over $330K becomes a consideration. My approach partly relies on synching most of my buildings for collection at one time, which means the simple Output becomes an additional factor. Specifically I look at a "Simple Gain/UGtime" index, where Simple Gain = (next Lvl's output - Current output).

Post Count
    I hope this info isnt outdated nowadays.
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Articulate Author Funkey monkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    Your guide is still helpful and we refer users to it. For some, strategy has changed with the nerfing of w/a of maps, the intro of boosted stats nerfing w/a again and with the events starting. But it is still a great guide and wish you would come by more often.
    IGN:Funkey monkey
    KA: 909164955
    MQ: 970090885
    Taking requests for Allies by PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    can anyone tell me wt is best unit?
    for example: i hv 10 unit A which are with Attact 10 Defence 2
    and 10 unit B which are with Attact 1 Defence 5

if i only can bring 10 unit,the best 10 unit is 10 unit A
    or when attacking enemy,i will bring 10 unit A
    and when I defence,i bring 10 unit b?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    when attacking enemy,i will bring 10 unit A
    and when I defence,i bring 10 unit b?
    This is what will happen. When attacking, only the units attack matters, when defending only its defense so unit A is better on attack, and unit B is better on defense.

Edit: erm and as a matter of courtesy, please don't spam the board multiple times with the same question, and please don't dump your question in irrelevant threads. All new posts are flagged so a forum regular will find your question even if asked once.
    Last edited by Talkazar; 09-21-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: because seeing the same post 3 times in odd spots is annoying.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Legends at War
    Post Count
    First off thanks to Ghost for the spread sheet. Question, I have noticed many stronger personal weapons and armor then in the spreadsheet. ie. Warrior (my character) only list's up to 25 attack on the spreadsheet. I have seen other warriors with much higher weapons (over 30 attack) and armor, any one know where to find these/who drop these??? If this is explained in another thread please point the way.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ACBerb View Post
    First off thanks to Ghost for the spread sheet. Question, I have noticed many stronger personal weapons and armor then in the spreadsheet. ie. Warrior (my character) only list's up to 25 attack on the spreadsheet. I have seen other warriors with much higher weapons (over 30 attack) and armor, any one know where to find these/who drop these??? If this is explained in another thread please point the way.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...evel-Equipment

All weapons/armor above 25 have to be acquired thru monster killing on the higher maps.

Post Count
    Easier said than done though.

I've been banging away at my highest map, The Lost Bethel, for 3 days now and still can't get a Warrior drop.

Post Count

Which unit to come into battle if same stats?

Hi, is there any way to determine which units will come into battle if they have same defense stats (while defending)? For example: My paladin: atk 8; def 17; My zeppelin: atk 7; def 17 and my priests: atk 6, def 17 --> In defending an attack, which of my units will come first? If my total number of those units exceed the total number of units to be brought, which unit will not attend the fight and therefore will not be affected by casualty?

Appreciate your help

Lurker
    Post Count

game policy

Can anyone tell me where I need to go to view the game poilicy for Kingdom Age?