Improvement for placing new buildings/objects

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improvement for placing new buildings/objects

Post Count

Improvement for placing new buildings/objects

I would love it if you could go to settings and choose to hide all buildings while in "construction mode" or somehow make it easier to see which squares are free/used. Or something in the same style as MW.

CC: 189k/173k
    Without syndicate

MW: 817 804 062

Post Count
    +1. Ditto.
    Proud member of HTC White!!!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywalker View Post
    I would love it if you could go to settings and choose to hide all buildings while in "construction mode" or somehow make it easier to see which squares are free/used. Or something in the same style as MW.
    It is difficult to re-arrange sometimes - takes a lot of time - I don't play MW so don't know what it does but I think there is room for improvement here.

BTW - I think you are in my mob but now sure - is your game name the same?

Post Count
    Yes it is the same, but you are not in my mafia. I just added you
    I have some hidden turrets in my hood wich is squeezed inbetween buildings (like Beach Nightclub). Would be nice to see if I could fit another one in there.

Without syndicate

Banned
    Post Count
    I have some hidden turrets in my hood wich is squeezed inbetween buildings (like Beach Nightclub). Would be nice to see if I could fit another one in there.
    Thanks.......nice hood

and can I ask you - want is your next hood expansion cost at. Sometimes it's difficult to tell where I am in hood size compared - unless I count all the pavement squares......lol
    Last edited by Sasha54; 04-18-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    It would be nice to hide building for this reason alone. I have so many hidden turrets I can't find them all! There would have to be a way to select hide money/defense building, or hide all.

And a feature that hides decorations would be a must for "construction mode" (should probably be renamed, but whatever, I'm ok with calling it that here).

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    It would be nice to hide building for this reason alone. I have so many hidden turrets I can't find them all! There would have to be a way to select hide money/defense building, or hide all.

And a feature that hides decorations would be a must for "construction mode" (should probably be renamed, but whatever, I'm ok with calling it that here).
    Are you using an Iphone?
    I assume you are because on my IPad I don't think others can see my decorations - trees etc.

I know there was a technical post about this a while back - do you know if there is something in the works to fix that because it seems odd to me.

Post Count
    I am using an iphone, if you are using iphone 3g there might be some unresolveable issues because apple doesn't support further ios updates. Other than that, I don't know anything

Without syndicate

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha54 View Post
    Are you using an Iphone?
    I assume you are because on my IPad I don't think others can see my decorations - trees etc.

I know there was a technical post about this a while back - do you know if there is something in the works to fix that because it seems odd to me.
    I am using an iPad, but I meant that when you're trying to move stuff around you can't avoid clicking on a tree or some other two square object with a five billion square click radius. If I could hide my decorations while moving buildings it would be much easier. So if there is ever anything like the "construction mode" idea suggested in this thread, it needs to have a "hide decorations" option in addition to whatever other features it may have.

Post Count
    I'm a bit of a nerd - I use a spreadsheet to keep track of exactly where my buildings are. Column width of 1 and row height of 9 and I'm all set.

Post Count
    The one thing i found is that never put big building in front small building it makes collecting cash difficult
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Man bala has been here since 2012? For some reason I always assume he got here last Thursday...

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I am using an iPad, but I meant that when you're trying to move stuff around you can't avoid clicking on a tree or some other two square object with a five billion square click radius. If I could hide my decorations while moving buildings it would be much easier. So if there is ever anything like the "construction mode" idea suggested in this thread, it needs to have a "hide decorations" option in addition to whatever other features it may have.
    Yeah - ok I get that.

Now did you buy decorations for a reason - like to hide building levels?

Because I stupidly did and then realized that others (unless they are on an Iphone or Ipod) can't see them so they are pointless for that reason.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ogel45 View Post
    I'm a bit of a nerd - I use a spreadsheet to keep track of exactly where my buildings are. Column width of 1 and row height of 9 and I'm all set.
    hmm - I'm nerdy enough to consider that - can you provide more details.

bored at work so anything to pass the time.........lol

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha54 View Post
    Yeah - ok I get that.

Now did you buy decorations for a reason - like to hide building levels?

Because I stupidly did and then realized that others (unless they are on an Iphone or Ipod) can't see them so they are pointless for that reason.
    Hiding your building level doesn't really help, as people will most probably rob your high payout buildings and/or the best rp/xp ratio buildings no matter what. All you have to do is look at your profile to see if you most probably have all level 1 buildings or not.
    If I find someone hiding their buildings I hit all of them once just to be a jerk

Without syndicate

Banned
    Post Count
    Hiding your building level doesn't really help, as people will most probably rob your high payout buildings and/or the best rp/xp ratio buildings no matter what. All you have to do is look at your profile to see if you most probably have all level 1 buildings or not.
    If I find someone hiding their buildings I hit all of them once just to be a jerk
    Me too............lol

I'm jealous of you - I believe studies show that people that live in Norway are the happiest in the world!!