On the subject of cheating...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On the subject of cheating...

Post Count

On the subject of cheating...

Sorry guys, I want to participate in the anti-cheating witch hunt, but I cannot until I come out with this. I innocently bought cheap crates just after going to v2.2 from v2.0.3 when the concept of crates was brand new, but before anyone had figured out the price was wrong. They seemed like a great buy at the time, which come to find out, they really were. Then, when the forum figured out that there was a glitch -- before Funzio knew, before it was considered a cheat, and before all the forum's members who first figured it out and discussed it got banned -- I did what was described to see if it was true and bought some more. That was about an hour after the first purchase. Then later, when there was still a bunch of confusion about what was going on, but some people were starting to figure it out, I gave it a third try and ended up paying full price. Fine by me. I figured that I will buy crates as long as Funzio is selling. If Funzio wanted to sell them on sale, all the better. I didn't really think of it as a cheat since it required absolutely no software manipulation, nor considered myself a cheater until a few threads sprung up (and subsequently got removed) with some very passionate people branding those who took advantage of the cheap prices as "cheaters." Seeing the hate and feeling guilty, I opened a ticket to Funzio explaining what I had done. That was ticket #62975. They told me that they have fixed the loophole, my "items would be nerfed somewhat to rebalance the game," and thanked me for my honesty.

To be clear, that was the only cheat/exploit/hack/reach-around I have ever participated in. At the time, if I had more money in my monthly budget, I probably would have bought even more. Looking back, I'm glad my own budget prevented me from buying more. I have since bought many many more crates and non-consumable explosives at full price and without a qualm. Even at full price, they are still the best gold items.

Hate me or forgive me, it's totally your choice. But I'm pretty tired of seeing the crate topic come up with as much animosity as there is. Not that it does often anymore, but this new cheaters witch hunt is stirring up the dust, so I'm going to come out with it so I don't feel like a hypocrite when/if I turn-in someone else for cheating, even if their method is far more blatant (e.g. cash cheat).

Consistent Contributor richard118's Avatar
    Post Count
    Amen brother. Did funzio take back the cheaply bought crates and give u a refund?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by richard118 View Post
    Amen brother. Did funzio take back the cheaply bought crates and give u a refund?
    They've taken no action yet. My situation might be more difficult than other's because some were purchased innocently, some not, and most were purchased at full price. To complicate things further, I have a few original crate items that were gifted to me by Funzio from a different ticket.

Their response to me asking when the nerf would occur was "I do not have an ETA on the nerf, but you will be contacted before anything is done... This is a large process, and it will take a while."

I hope their solution is not to nerf the items, but to take away the items purchased cheaply and refund my gold. I'll just turn around and rebuy crates... at full price, which I am fine with.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholost View Post
    Sorry guys, I want to participate in the anti-cheating witch hunt, but I cannot until I come out with this. I innocently bought cheap crates just after going to v2.2 from v2.0.3 when the concept of crates was brand new, but before anyone had figured out the price was wrong. They seemed like a great buy at the time, which come to find out, they really were. Then, when the forum figured out that there was a glitch -- before Funzio knew, before it was considered a cheat, and before all the forum's members who first figured it out and discussed it got banned -- I did what was described to see if it was true and bought some more. That was about an hour after the first purchase. Then later, when there was still a bunch of confusion about what was going on, but some people were starting to figure it out, I gave it a third try and ended up paying full price. Fine by me. I figured that I will buy crates as long as Funzio is selling. If Funzio wanted to sell them on sale, all the better. I didn't really think of it as a cheat since it required absolutely no software manipulation, nor considered myself a cheater until a few threads sprung up (and subsequently got removed) with some very passionate people branding those who took advantage of the cheap prices as "cheaters." Seeing the hate and feeling guilty, I opened a ticket to Funzio explaining what I had done. That was ticket #62975. They told me that they have fixed the loophole, my "items would be nerfed somewhat to rebalance the game," and thanked me for my honesty.

To be clear, that was the only cheat/exploit/hack/reach-around I have ever participated in. At the time, if I had more money in my monthly budget, I probably would have bought even more. Looking back, I'm glad my own budget prevented me from buying more. I have since bought many many more crates and non-consumable explosives at full price and without a qualm. Even at full price, they are still the best gold items.

Hate me or forgive me, it's totally your choice. But I'm pretty tired of seeing the crate topic come up with as much animosity as there is. Not that it does often anymore, but this new cheaters witch hunt is stirring up the dust, so I'm going to come out with it so I don't feel like a hypocrite when/if I turn-in someone else for cheating, even if their method is far more blatant (e.g. cash cheat).
    Last edited by sez; 04-16-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Post Count
    Wouldnt worry about it too much, players will play and haters will hate.
    What you did is what everyone else would have done given the opportunity, the only ones that are moaning are the that's didn't get a chance to get them cheap.
    Current mood -Claude Debussy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvUepMa31o

CC - Dillinja 145 319 413
    MW - iKill4Fun 243 199 681

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinja View Post
    Wouldnt worry about it too much, players will play and haters will hate.
    What you did is what everyone else would have done given the opportunity, the only ones that are moaning are the that's didn't get a chance to get them cheap.
    Last edited by sez; 04-16-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Arghhh why are we on the crates thing again?
    Some a-hole created another thread about it.

Post Count
    Last edited by mnju_03; 04-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Hahaha,

I have a story about that. I probably shouldn't share it. Kinda lame, actually. Forget I said anything.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholost View Post
    Some a-hole created another thread about it.
    Can you edit the title and we can all edit our posts to something else? You're crazy clever, think of something! Let's get this sad show of emotion post out of here and bring the old Nicholost back! Please?

Post Count
    they make millions of dollars i dont think there gunna care about you buying a few crates for a cheaper price. heck i was uninstalling and reinstalling to get crates at cheaper price. thought that doesnt work i think now when you uninstall and reinstall the first open it shows like previous crates before wrath ones unless they changed it
    seeya wouldnt wanna be ya!

Post Count
    Last edited by mnju_03; 04-16-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Hahaha,

I have a story about that. I probably shouldn't share it. Kinda lame, actually. Forget I said anything.

Post Count
    [QUOTE=Nicholost;173575]Some a-hole created another thread about it.[/]

Last edited by sez; 04-16-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Post Count
    "................"
    Last edited by CounterSniper; 04-16-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Last edited by mnju_03; 04-16-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    Hahaha,

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusiv View Post
    they make millions of dollars i dont think there gunna care about you buying a few crates for a cheaper price. heck i was uninstalling and reinstalling to get crates at cheaper price. thought that doesnt work i think now when you uninstall and reinstall the first open it shows like previous crates before wrath ones unless they changed it
    Last edited by sez; 04-16-2012 at 11:01 PM.