$300K Per Hour Club - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $300K Per Hour Club

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I'm at $240K and rising, but I'd like to add another wrinkle to the discussion. I could rise faster on the $/hr side of things, but I'm measuring my economic success differently than that. As many of you know, the Supply Depot gives an astronomical $/hour because you "can" collect it every 5 minutes. A level 10 Supply Depot will give you a whopping $36,000/hour statistic, but if you're like me, you won't collect as much from that building as you would from a level 3 Ore Mine. And very importantly, it takes very little time (about 24 hours) to reach level 3 on the Ore Mine, but a lifetime (something like 180 hours) to get the Supply Depot to level 10. Sure the Ore Mine costs more, but I'm talking about pure speed here -- getting my base producing a bunch of money as quickly as possible.

The level 3 Ore Mine will only get you $4,083 per hour (a pittance compared to the level 10 Supply Depot), but you'll collect as much on a per-day basis from both buildings (unless you have absolutely nothing to do and just sit there collecting your Supply Depot all day). As a result, I look at $/day, and use some reasonable estimates for how many times I will collect a building during an average day. Like all but a few of you, I sleep through a bunch of potential Supply Depot and Armory collections every day! Add in work, lunch, life, etc., and I miss a few collections here and there. When I put those estimates of number of actual collections per day into my economy/upgrade spreadsheet, it revealed that upgrading certain buildings were far more beneficial from an actual $/week collected standpoint than just relying on the $/hour statistic. Upgrading an Oil Rig to level 2, for instance, adds an extra $175,000 per day, and it only takes the same amount of time as it does to upgrade a Command Center from level 4 to level 5 (which only nets you an extra $25,000 per day). Spending the time upgrading the Oil Rig is far more fruitful than the Command Center, by that standard.

I have ignored the difference in cost for Oil Rig upgrades versus Command Center and so on, but that's because it doesn't take me as long to get the money to do the upgrade as it takes for the upgrades to happen, so I don't see a real issue. In other words, when my upgrade completes, I've already collected enough money (through economy or occasional PvP) to buy the next upgrade. I'm not ready to pour money into units yet, as I'm camping here for a bit. With an occasional boost or unit building upgrade (which seem to take longer), I collect some extra cash from the my money makers and then get back to upgrading money buildings. At some point, though, my economy will be good enough (not sure when that'll be) and I'll stop working on economy upgrades and do a few more unit building and boost building upgrades, and then start back to buying some units. By that point, I'll have a ton of money per day (maybe not per hour, but per day) coming in to support those boosts and unit acquisitions.
    Last edited by g8rlawyer; 04-18-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I'm a little bit cautious of your approach there, I feel if youre going to have upgraded big money buildings around you have to have them very well defended else you are going to be attacked and raided constantly.

I like to have a good combo of pve, pvp and money collections for my income. Not relying heavily on one source means that a long term strategy is not ruined by a single change in the mechanics of the game, and means I very rarely get attacked, as I've got nothing I would attack and I'm one of the strongest players round my level.

Post Count
    Yeh you can count me in the 300k club.
    MW Name: Marc - 680 673 420
    CC Name: Mac-ster - 613 934 569
    KA Name: Marc - 325 460 759

Post Count
    I'm at 177k just started playing this game recently.

I understand what Lawyer is saying because I like him don't log in every hour but I do log in several times a day and it's nice to have the lesser time buildings ready to collect.

Al Murkya what's up "buddy"
    Team Sexey FTW!
    638-665-697- MW

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    Currently the game thinks i have max amount of black barrels and it says the most you can buy is 200 (even though i have none). If this maximum is true and true for all decorations, the palm tree thing will not work on such a large scale.
    This bug is featured on the small palmtree as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Ascent View Post
    I am at 450,000 per hour or something and was doing the math on how many palm trees will it take to pay for the $33,000,000 Nanotech level 2 upgrade It turns out it will take 79 minutes of nonstop clicking to buy 920 palmtrees and then another 79 minutes to sell them

I don't even want to think about how will I get to level 3 without leaving 50 mill out there foreign the taking...
    Try buying/selling defense towers maybe?
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    @ gr8lawyer
    Totally agree with your approach, calculations and attitude toward the game. Also agree with SeqWins about having some of the 'lesser' buildings around to collect here and there.
    formerly playing as

Hammer Slammer & Thunder Child

Post Count
    TC! someones online... lol
    I haven't played since 2012... I heard there was inflation since, lol.
    NAME LVL BONUS INCOME ATT : DEF
    MW Dreno33 60 UK 3XX,XXX,XXX 66,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX : 68,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX
    CC TheDreno33 62 Tycoon 70,XXX,XXX 9,XXX,XXX,XXX : 7,XXX,XXX,XXX
    GREE bought Funzio's games for $210 Million! Why?
    I downloaded it for free!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I alternate my upgrades between def & money buildings. Purely because of the cost of upgrading a money build & the fact that I'm trying to correct my ignorant noob errors. I collect roughly every 10 mins but that'll change soon, so I tend to concentrate on upgrading the 12 hour + buildings

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolio View Post
    To get a true per hour rate sell your armories and supply depots as these are never ever collected often enough to truly reflect your per hour (unless of course you log on to MW every 5 and 30 minutes which is humanly impossible isn't it? I have a £280k per hour with no supply depots or armories. I have 2 nano's and 2 offshore drilling platforms both upgraded to level 3 and for the gold players like me buy the Bio domes x 2 and upgrade to level 5 ASAP. They give mega bucks :-)
    Didn't find any figures in the spreadsheets. How much are you getting from lvl 5 Biodome?
    And how much time / cash does it cost to upgrade to lvl 5?

MW: 490 829 650
    MW LLP: 788 886 318
    KA: 793 825 044

Active forum members are always welcome as allies. Send me a PM!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I am at 498k at level 138 without high level short time buildings. The short time buildings are as important as the rest. The amount of cash you can buy is your 5 day cash income. A level 10 depot would boost this significantly and when in need of supplementary cash you can count on 5$ cash buy. I will upgrade these buildings ASAP to expand beyond my 10 million vault by purchasing 5$ of cash. Currently 5$ gives me 2 million which is sufficient for an upgrade of 2 to 4 million beyond my vault.

Lurker
    Post Count
    109 742 208

Consistent Contributor bilbo baggins's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeMe View Post
    109 742 208
    WP in 3.....2.....1......

Post Count
    Figured i'd post this here since a few people are talking about upgrades. Can you upgrade gold money buildings with cash or just gold?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Murkya View Post
    I know I don't collect $300K an hour, however, I am finally over the hump:

Level 12

Income Per Hour - $311,538.00
    Attack - 1506
    Defense - 2170
    Vault Size - $10,000,000
    Next Expansion cost - $14,000,000 (I only lack 3 expansions until I own all the water on the map!)

Add me and come check it out........
    777 277 849
    That is some serious camping. Gonna send you request from "Major Hard-on" That's my IG name not over excited about your stats.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    Figured i'd post this here since a few people are talking about upgrades. Can you upgrade gold money buildings with cash or just gold?
    Cash. I only have one but it seems a bit strange -it takes a relatively short amount of time taken to upgrade them, but the cash per upgrade cost is very high.