13 20.31%
  • Funzio Should Adjust The Odds

45 70.31%
  • Funzio Should Stop The Events

6 9.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Event Poll

Post Count
    Im fine with the events the way they are, if they could just not mess up with drop rates and open rates like they did on the secret document event and possibly did on this event.

This event it seems open rate decreased as the drop rate decreased. Secret document event had a whole bunch of problems and bugs. So far the only event that ran as it seemed that it should of is the titanium bar event. Box open rate was consistent throughout the event.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick50727 View Post
    I hate to say that was your choice to spend the money and they told people the odds up front in the forum on the first event, just not in the game. I for one don't ever want the events to stop. Modified maybe for the odds so not only the majority of the people getting the 10th itmes aren't high end gold players who don't need another advantage.
    When somebody can get to ten for free, and then somebody spends 3000 gold, opens 3x more boxes, and still doesn't get a single item, isn't right in my eyes. Also remember, funzio admitted to me that sometimes a lopsided effect happens. I am not saying that is what happened even though I believe it, it isn't fair to whoever it does happen to.
    Last edited by War Priest; 04-15-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Instead of it being a random drop, they should set it to a set drop, but leave the open rates random still.

Ex:
    Open 2: plane part
    Open 9: plane part
    Open 76: 10th plane part

Something like that would be so much better.

Post Count
    Randomness of the drop rate is better IMO. That is if they can get it right though, instead of constantly messing up on these events.

Maybe make it something like it is all still random, but if someone opens a certain amount of boxes between two bars they are guaranteed to get the part. Something like the first part is guaranteed after 3 opens. Second part is guaranteed at 5 opens after the first bar was obtained (8 opens total), etc. However, with luck someone could still get the first part on first open and the second part on the second open. So there is still a certain amount of luck involved, but the gold players don't end up spending thousands of gold without a result.

Basically your set value idea with the luck factor only being able to be positive.

The guaranteed amount of opens for all 10 parts would be pretty much impossible for free players, so that's where the luck factor comes in that could advance them to the next part quicker.
    Last edited by JMC; 04-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    Randomness of the drop rate is better IMO. That is if they can get it right though, instead of constantly messing up on these events.

Maybe make it something like it is all still random, but if someone opens a certain amount of boxes between two bars they are guaranteed to get the part. Something like the first part is guaranteed after 3 opens. Second part is guaranteed at 5 opens after the first bar was obtained (8 opens total), etc. However, with luck someone could still get the first part on first open and the second part on the second open. So there is still a certain amount of luck involved, but the gold players don't end up spending thousands of gold without a result.

Basically your set value idea with the luck factor only being able to be positive.
    Yeah, that would be better than what they are running now. (Of course the set drop numbers will remain a secret) If the open rates are fixed and still stay random there shouldn't be a problem with that idea. Those who prefer to buy it rather than earn it stll can after so many opens, and those who are lucky enough to open that amount of boxes with free or medium choices can earn it.

Because when you open close to 200 boxes and still don't have the last item, that isn't right. They need to take the gamble out, and just let us rely on luck or gold, which ever we prefer.

Of course this won't happen though because they like us gambling away our gold for an ally.
    Last edited by War Priest; 04-15-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Consistent Contributor bilbo baggins's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by War Priest View Post
    When somebody can get to ten for free, and then somebody spends 3000 gold, opens 3x more boxes, and still doesn't get a single item, isn't right in my eyes. Also remember, funzio admitted to me that sometimes a lopsided effect happens. I am not saying that is what happened even though I believe it, it isn't fair to whoever it does happen to.
    Are you suggesting that people who buy more lottery tickets have a greater right to win the main prize than the person who has only bought one ticket? Its the same thing loads of people match 3 or 4 numbers but even buying 10,000 tickets will not guarantee you getting 6 0r 7.

Post Count
    I am all for the event is good the way it is. The next event I will not even be using the rusty knife just bare hands. Both my HLP and LLP reached 9 plane parts but after spending millions of virtual cash failed to get the final tenth. In future I will now buy expensive units and expensive upgrades instead of using it in the medium chance. I am happy to get the 3 indestructible units, units that I will not pay for since I am a free player.
    Level : 52
    # of Alliance Members : 137
    Attack: 5738
    Defense : 6816
    Income per Hour : 210028
    ID# : 996 932 364
    Stats on 17 March 2012 (After plane parts event)

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo baggins View Post
    Are you suggesting that people who buy more lottery tickets have a greater right to win the main prize than the person who has only bought one ticket? Its the same thing loads of people match 3 or 4 numbers but even buying 10,000 tickets will not guarantee you getting 6 0r 7.
    I am suggesting that this is a video game and not a lottery contest. Don't compare the two.

Lurker
    Post Count
    got 9 parts total , 1-5 in day 1 , odds do seem to change as event progressed - disappointing to say the least. Other than the odds I really enjoyed this event (my 1st) however i wont be putting the same effort into future events if nothing changes.

Post Count
    I am suggesting that this is a video game and not a lottery contest. Don't compare the two.
    So how much do people need to spend in order to guarantee the main prize then? $200 a month? $50 a month $50,000 a month?

It was a game of chance and some people won and some people did not. To then moan and say "well I spent X amount and therefore deserve the 10th prize especially as some people who spent nothing got it anyway" is frankly laughable and smacks of the behaviour of an immature spoilt child IMHO.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo baggins View Post
    So how much do people need to spend in order to guarantee the main prize then? $200 a month? $50 a month $50,000 a month?

It was a game of chance and some people won and some people did not. To then moan and say "well I spent X amount and therefore deserve the 10th prize especially as some people who spent nothing got it anyway" is frankly laughable and smacks of the behaviour of an immature spoilt child IMHO.
    It isn't a game of change. That is not what your understanding. The open rates change as the days progress. Until you have spent a little over $3000 in two months, don't try to understand what I am saying.

See this is the thing. It's a game, not reality. So yes, money spenders deserve the uper hand. After all, they are the ones who keep this game free for some of you.

So for those of you who are saying this is like the lottery and all, no it is not, because it is a game!

Slot machines for example. The odds are always the same. There is no such thing as a hot machine or anything like that. But here, the first day open rates are extremely high, but the last few days, they barely open.
    Last edited by War Priest; 04-16-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Post Count
    It isn't a game of change. That is not what your understanding. The open rates change as the days progress. Until you have spent a little over $3000 in two months, don't try to understand what I am saying.
    Ok Narcissus!! and I can agree with you on one thing it isn't a game of CHANGE.

Post Count
    I understand what you are saying but it IS an event of chance and WAS stated as such from the beginning . IMO they should in no way set fixed open rates . I have never got a single 10th item and I am saying this for a reason. The chance of opens is only guaranteed with gold, but not to get you a part, just open it. If it was fixed, then people with deep pockets just get more unfair advantages against free players or those who can't spend as much. The 10th item I see as a game equalizer. I'm sure it you want to spend $1000's you should be able to get it but that is a choice and there is no guarantee. Maybe they can make the odds better but never fix it or link it to gold spending as others say. It is a in-game event of "chance" that I myself have never been lucky enough to win, but I still have fun.

I think they should better state the chances though as the in-game screen tells you nothing about the odds decreasing. Communication of how the events work needs to be improved I agree. As a forum reader, you have the advantage that they told you up front odds decreased as you got more bars, docs, parts, etc. You know how the Funzio model operates so you should read into the fact when they say when the rate decreases but never becomes zero, that it may pretty darn close to zero.

Again from the very first post the Boomer posted the word "chance" is all over it and at the very bottom he stated the decreasing odds as you approach the 10th item at the bottom:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...t=event+boomer
    "Ammo Box Discovery:

Ammo Boxes can be obtained from any action that requires the use of energy or stamina. All missions have a chance to drop a Ammo box, although you cannot get them from your hood. You have a chance to steal boxes from other players in PVP.

The rate in which Ammo Boxes drop is directly related to energy cost of a job (PvE) and a fixed value for stealing in PvP. The higher the energy cost for a job, the better chance at getting a Ammo box.

When a Ammo Box is found, it will fly into a special UI icon which is located at the lower left hand side of the screen. Tapping this icon brings up the events window.

Loot:

* 4 pieces of loot are tied to the event.
    * Different levels see different loot for each item: [1-20] [21-50] [51-80] [81+]
    * Loot is automatically placed in a players inventory once the amount of Titanium Bars for each are found.
    * The last item (10 Titanium Bars) has an item bonus which is -20% unit casualty rates. * As long as a player has this item in their inventory, it will function properly. It does not have to be equipped by them or their Alliance.

Lockpick Kits:

* Players have 3 choices as to how they want to open their lock box.
    * Bare Hands: (Free to use and a low chance to open.)
    * Rusty Knife: (Cash to use, scales with players level, and a medium chance to open.)
    * Blow Torch: (Gold to use, fixed value and a guaranteed chance to open.)
    * Once a player taps one of the lockpick buttons, 2 things can happen; they can successfully open the Ammo Box, awarding loot, or fail to open.
    * If successful -> a Ammo Box is subtracted from their total.
    * If they fail -> they do not lose the Ammo Box.

Lockpick Kit Cooldown:

All attempts at opening a Ammo box will trigger a 1 hour cooldown. A player is only allowed to open 1 Ammo box per hour. If they wish to open more, they can choose to use the reset timer function. This costs 15 gold. Once reset, they are brought back to the main events window where they can attempt to open another Ammo box.

Titanium Bars:

This is sort of an event currency. Titanium Bars have a chance to drop anytime a Ammo box is successfully opened. Players will need to collect Titanium Bars to obtain the loot seen in the main events window. Once 10 Titanium Bars are collected, the end event item is awarded. At this time, players may still open Ammo boxes, although Titanium Bars will stop dropping.

The rate for Titanium Bar drops is gradually reduced as your total number of Titanium Bars increases. This never becomes a 0 or below-0 number.-0 number. "
    MW ID: 333922569
    ACCEPTING FORUM MEMBER ALLY REQUESTS
    Level: 207 - FREE Player - (Gold buildings bought via TapJoy starting at L138)

Story of Maverick & Lone Ranger Creed

Live and learn, from fools and from sages

Banned
    Post Count
    Mav, the rate at which boxes open isn't suppose to change, but it does. That is my point.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I used 15 gold twice and it did not open a cargo box as promised. Instead it said to use a hand grenade to open. Which I did. I have sent a request to support but have not heard back. Did anyone else have the same problem?