45 70.31%
  • Funzio Should Stop The Events

6 9.38%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Event Poll

Banned
    Post Count

Event Poll

I just wanted to get this going just to see what people think. Take an honest vote.

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Haha, t'was gonna do this myself WP!

My vote-hell yeah! I love events.

Where's the pole dude?
    ^(16/17 year old me speaking, yes)
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    Got to 9 again. At least I'll get the special prize L Fizzle mentioned

Didn't buy any gold.

Post Count
    I still like the events themselves. I never expected great odds without gold and are satisfied with 3 free units. I know I don't have to participate. You all know how I feel about my dead horse the spurious # 9

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...361#post486361
    SKILL POINT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Shhhhhhh I can't let on that your really my favourite, keep this between you and me!

Post Count
    Oh god, WP-nobody's gonna pick "it's good the way it is" with "they should adjust the odds" Boo on this poll.

Blackstone...hate to tell ya this, but there is no 9th prize. :-( Funzio dev's mixed something up...
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    I enjoy the events but personally I think that the odds need to be amended for boxes 8,9 and 10. For the last three events i have reached 9 and got no further - first two using gold and this one solely using cash.

Ave Atque Vale

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Oh god, WP-nobody's gonna pick "it's good the way it is" with "they should adjust the odds" Boo on this poll.

Blackstone...hate to tell ya this, but there is no 9th prize. :-( Funzio dev's mixed something up...
    I am just making it fair. I can't just have hate it or love it as options.

Edit: And some smartass voted for it. We know they are lying though.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by War Priest View Post
    That will be the person who has got to 10 on all three events!

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    I am just making it fair. I can't just have hate it or love it as options.

I am perfectly content with the events. If you didn't believe it to be a worthy option, why'd you stick it up there, lol? Hope I'm not messing up the point you're trying to make.

PM for ally add.

Banned
    Post Count
    I am perfectly content with the events. If you didn't believe it to be a worthy option, why'd you stick it up there, lol? Hope I'm not messing up the point you're trying to make.
    Like I said, you have your thoughts, and I'll have mine. Your ok with the events because you didn't pay Funzio $200 for nothing. That is why we are on different pages. Maybe you just like the drama threads that come with the events...

Post Count
    Like I said, you have your thoughts, and I'll have mine. Your ok with the events because you didn't pay Funzio $200 for nothing. That is why we are on different pages. Maybe you just like the drama threads that come with the events...
    Yes, we both have thoughts-quite well established.

Second point, lol. I have reasonable intelligence to discuss without having to go through the spending of money the fact that when you pay for a chance, you do not receive a guarantee.

Third point-wrong, but thanks for trying. I actually prefer the drama threads at CC forum, lol.

Fourth point-w00t! Looks like I'm not alone after all, eh? 22.22% of the people agree the events rock.

Ya got your $$$ WP, I don't feel so bad for you anymore man. Perhaps stick with your cash opens?
    Last edited by JohnnyR; 04-15-2012 at 09:57 PM.

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    The complaints are all centered around a certain area. The events seemed to be front loaded to draw you in but, there isn't a payoff on the back end. If it truly was random then you wouldn't get so many at the beginning. If you had played for five days and only were able to find 5 parts, you would be less likely to rant about not getting the other 5. Since most people sit on 7, 8, and 9 for days this is the frustrating part.
    The Funzio debacle, with the lFizzle post and then the covert retraction, didn't help the cause in the eyes of already frustrated players from the last event. There needed to be a more professional approach to the situation. Maybe it says something about the people running the game, possibly their working out of their mothers basement and can hardly see their monitors due to the credit card statements piled up in their shoe boxes.
    I enjoy the risk - reward system, they just need to to tweak the way prizes are handed out. After they give me my 9 open prize and LFizzle does't go anywhere.

Post Count
    I hate to say that was your choice to spend the money and they told people the odds up front in the forum on the first event, just not in the game. I for one don't ever want the events to stop. Modified maybe for the odds so not only the majority of the people getting the 10th itmes aren't high end gold players who don't need another advantage.

I'm a free player and I look at events this way, yeah I will probably never get the 10th item. However, I get 3 indestructible units each time I would never have access to otherwise. I get cash, minor valor, and fairly good loot item rewards also. I have never got a grunt, but that may just be and option for lower level players.

I also get better loot items. While I'm not sure if this is directly linked to the events, I have access to a better level of loot (like iron wings and predator subs) during the last event and this one. Maybe this is to compensate for loses, but I for one profit by it. Some people may level up too quickly as a result, but that could be seen as another advantage creating weaker rivals.
    MW ID: 333922569
    ACCEPTING FORUM MEMBER ALLY REQUESTS
    Level: 207 - FREE Player - (Gold buildings bought via TapJoy starting at L138)

Story of Maverick & Lone Ranger Creed

Live and learn, from fools and from sages

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by THE1&ONLY>FISH View Post
    The Funzio debacle, with the lFizzle post and then the covert retraction, didn't help the cause in the eyes of already frustrated players from the last event. There needed to be a more professional approach to the situation.
    Covert reaction? It was specifically asked for, so as not to mislead other posters who would have kept assuming there was a 9th part to look for. I agree about need for more professionalism, perhaps an actual formal announcement and apology in a new thread however. Shoe boxes and CC statements...not likely man, this place is probably google-like in the office right now, mega bux, lol. Congrats to them for winning the game of life, these guys are SET.

PM for ally add.

Post Count

Yes I know. That's what the was for.

Funny story. I had one box left and 1 hour to go, so I decided to get 15 gold downloading a few tapjoy apps. That way I would be guaranteed one last open and guess what I got? Yep a grunt - no joke. Fitting end to the event