A Question of Ethics...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Question of Ethics...

Post Count

A Question of Ethics...

First let me point out a question in the Game “HELP” section which is highly pertinent to this thread.

Q: HOW DO I DELETE OR RESET MY ACCOUNT?
    A: We do not currently offer that service, but we may add this feature at a later date.

LEADUP INFO:
    I have recently been attacked by another player with the in-game name of . As it was an unfamiliar game name (but familiar group) I took a look to see if I could work out who it was.

When reviewing their stats it was obvious that the player was not a legitimate player IF I am to believe the information within the game Help files as stated above:

First attack they were at Level 133 with the following stats.
    Missions 3
    Fights W/L 1070/0
    Raids W/L 520/0

Allies 441
    A/D 390885 / 297427
    IPH 416
    Money 3297838402
    Base Area Approx 14 Squares:

Obvious first question was how someone could be at Level 133 (465505XP) with so few interactions?

ONLY LOGICAL ANSWER:
    Based on later reviews of the players profile they “started” at or close to Level 130 and their XP has progressed normally from there.

Suspect Units in Inventory:
    A check of their units revealed they had “purchased” 282 sets of LE’s (later increased to 565 ish) but this is not what caught my attention. I observed that this player had the top units from crate events #1,#5,#9,#10,#11,#13 several of the top awards from the Elite events, units from the top 250/500 in the auction events and both the units from the contest events (Profiteer and Elite Commander).

However they had NONE of the sub-units associated with those events (apart from the latest Elite event which appears to have played out normally).

1070 attacks were not sufficient to have merited the awarding of the Elite Commander unit so how does a “legitimate” player possess one?

416 IPH is certainly not enough to have been awarded the Profiteer event unit which required a minimum IPH in excess of 138,000 for under level 100 and 367,000 for over level 100. Add in that given their small base size it is highly doubtful they could have gotten their IPH up to these levels in any case. How do they legitimately have this unit in their inventory?

How do they legitimately possess a “riptide runner” which is the 20 hit rare drop boss loot from the maps with only 3 missions completed and required units which they do not possess, let alone having the buildings to unlock those units?

I did take note of the 405 “Sea Destroyer” indestructible units in their inventory as I remember a particular player with this precise number of units; however they were last seen at Level 200 with Special Ops ranking. There were additional high stat Gold units in the inventory that also looked familiar however these can often be purchased from the after battle screens.

Reason for reporting player as suspicious:
    Considering the explicit statement that resets are not possible and observing the various anomalies I reported the player as a Gold/Money/XP hacker.

I received the usual response about investigating.

Now as the player is still around (attacked again) I asked a reply question and enquired if this was an account set up for a special purpose, no response.

The obvious conclusion is the player has been deemed “legitimate” by Gree.

Therefore I have submitted this set of questions to the Support team in relation to this player.

1. How can a player be at level 133 with only 1590 XP related interactions? This means they received an average experience of approximately 300 per attack or raid which is around 15 times higher than the maximum XP that can be gained by a genuine Level 133 player.

2. How can a player have the limited (500 only) unit awarded for the Elite Commander event when the minimum number of attacks required to be awarded the unit was higher than 1070?

3. How can a player with a base size less than 16 squares have been able to get the Profiteer event unit (1000 total awarded)? The IPH for the sub level 100 was 138k and the Level 100 plus group was 367K.

4. How can a player with 3 missions completed (and having 2x Desert Soldiers and 1x Desert Leader clearly indicates what map the missions came from) have in their unit makeup a Riptide Runner which is the rare drop Boss Loot from the Inner City Canal map and requires twenty hits to achieve the chance at such a unit?

5. Follow on to question 4. How does a player have in their unit makeup a loot item which they do not have either the prerequisite buildings or any of the mission pre-requisite units?

6. How does a player have ONLY the top prize from various box/crate events and NONE of the sub units which must have been awarded for them to legitimately hold this unit in their inventory?

7. Has your Company at any time received a request from a legitimate player to reset their account OR to close out one account and transfer units and funds to another account?

8. Has your Company at any time permitted a player to start (or restart) a game at a level higher than level 1?

A Legitimate Player?
    If I had to guess at this identity being held by a legitimate player then first “suspect” would be Stephen (Speedump) with a reset account, second would a “General Insane” reincarnation, with the third possibility being that a member of P.U.N is also an employee of Gree.

But this does not avoid the simple fact that NO player can possibly have all the special items this player has (my guess would be less than a dozen players hold this specific set of special units) and be a legitimate game player WITHOUT having had an account reset which means that Gree has a serious ethics issue as they have permitted some players to reset accounts whilst explicitly stating this is not possible in the Help files directly linked to the game.

If a player has requested and been permitted to amend an account then that is fine SO LONG AS THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO ALL. If not, then it is little more than Gree permitting what I would define as "selective hacking" of the game in that it PERMITS some people an advantage closed to the majority of game players.

The only other conclusion I could come to is that the Support team is utterly incompetent in identifying hackers and cheats.

I await their response with a keen interest...........
    Last edited by Crime City Mark; 10-09-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Name Removed; don't call people out.

Post Count
    Disturbingly awesome read... I too await news on this. Shame the decay of this fine game continues....
    formerly playing as

Hammer Slammer & Thunder Child

Banned
    Post Count
    Once again it looks either the heads are being turned to ignore this or Greed has really started to kick the ethics bucket.
    At this point we all know CCM or some other mod will either ignore this, lock it and give the usual BS statement, or pass the buck.
    O think at this point we are done with the policy of no comment. Someone needs to speak up with answers for once.

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Curiouser and curiouser....
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    Yep, there is an increase in "modified accounts" over the last week or so.

Also, it's still possible to buy gold at about 50% reduction using non-itunes account methods, .i.e illegally.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The response time from Gree looking into these hackers (or any other issue, for that matter) has been extremely slow. I fear it's going to dramatically worsen now that they have a fourth game - Monsters Age - but still the same number of support staff.

Post Count
    I don't think he's a legit.. i already send CCM screenshots about his stats & inventory yesterday...
    KA - Officially Retired
    Former FUN member for 9 wars & 12th times in a row Conquest of Kings World Champions..!!!

Banned
    Post Count

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by mickymacirl View Post
    Yep, there is an increase in "modified accounts" over the last week or so.

Also, it's still possible to buy gold at about 50% reduction using non-itunes account methods, .i.e illegally.
    If you care to see how this is done take a look at the crime city thread titled Indians...RIP

What's crazy is CC players seem to think its ok to buy a vault of 1500 gold at $20 then also get gold bonus on top of that. Crazy! It is certainly a cheat in the system and I will be detailing it all out later today.

Post Count
    An interesting but disturbing read Q Raider. I think you've brought this to enough of our attentions now, we ALL wait to hear what the outcome will be.....please keep us in the loop.

Interesting news today that might mean Gree top brass have their attentions elsewhere:

GREE has announced the signing of four additional North America-based indie devlopers for its mobile games platform.
    Independent studios Enders Fund, Fathom Interactive, Fifth Column, and FreezeTag will each publish games on GREE’s social gaming network.
    “We’re very focused on working with indie talent here at GREE and we’re committed to helping these guys succeed,” said GREE’s senior vice president of developer relations and marketing Eros Resmini. “We know each of these guys is different. Some need the technology and some want to leverage our know-how — we’re happy to help them however we can.”
    GREE signed another quartet of indie devs back in August.
    Along with supporting indies, the push to compile development talent outside of its base in Japan affirms the company’s continued mission to see its platform go global as well.

Banned
    Post Count
    Exactly the gold hack exploits Gree uses of a global system for currency purchases

Post Count
    It's sad but I would imagine you will get the standard locked thread with the customary no comment from the mods and a blind eye turned by support.

Banned
    Post Count

Thumbs up

There are many cheaters and hackers in this game.
    The one you encountered was NOT a hacker.
    We continue to play this game.
    We continue to spend real money to play this game.
    You will continue to encounter other players with great stats.
    However, you need to refine your skills of discernment and improve your ability to determine US from THEM.
    What you encountered was one of US.
    We encounter THEM, too.
    We aggressively work with the Gree authorities and report THEM, when we encounter THEM.
    Gree does ban THEM.
    I suggest that in game reporting is far more effective in shutting THEM down, than anonymous forum posting.
    Hail PUN!

Banned
    Post Count
    I have fully read the threads and researched the alleged exploit. It exists and is not that difficult. Personally I do not buy any gold but if I was a gold player utilizing the non exploit method of purchase I would feel cheated.

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    There are many cheaters and hackers in this game.
    The one you encountered was NOT a hacker.
    We continue to play this game.
    We continue to spend real money to play this game.
    You will continue to encounter other players with great stats.
    However, you need to refine your skills of discernment and improve your ability to determine US from THEM.
    What you encountered was one of US.
    We encounter THEM, too.
    We aggressively work with the Gree authorities and report THEM, when we encounter THEM.
    Gree does ban THEM.
    I suggest that in game reporting is far more effective in shutting THEM down, than anonymous forum posting.
    Hail PUN!
    No need to refine skills of discernment, Q simply shared observations and a few possible theories.

So how does 3 missions complete earn those units? Sounds like a game reset like Q stated, which is funny for the fact that GREE denies doing this.

The real question is this: whether GREE approved or not is this right? Can friends of the Tour de France promoters ride mopeds in the race while everyone else is cyclinging their ass off? Doesn't feel right...
    Last edited by JohnnyR; 10-08-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    No need to refine skills of discernment, Q simply shared observations and a few possible theories.

So how does 3 missions complete earn those units? Sounds like a game reset like Q stated, which is funny for the fact that GREE denies doing this.

The real question is this: whether GREE approved or not is this right? Can friends of the Tour de France promoters ride mopeds in the race while everyone else is cyclinging their ass off?

Whatever the case, this feels rigged.
    I have to agree with JohnnyR here. regardless of whether this player is a Pirate or Pirate Friend doesn't matter. We do know there have been suspect PUN who either left or were removed for various "reasons". the numbers in this instance do not add up, as no amount of gold can gain you these units with out completing missions. simpling buying energy refills does not remove the need to complete the missions, unless there is something fishy going on here.