"The mnju_03 marathon thread" - Page 369

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 369 of 390 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 5847

Thread: "The mnju_03 marathon thread"

Post Count
    I know I can't kick them out of the Super Bowl... they'll get a slap on the wrist and all will be right in the world.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Hey, now we have one team in the superbowl who didn't deserve to win and one team who probably should have won anyway but will forever be tainted by scandal. As a Packer fan, I like how this is playing out. Now if only Brady and Sherman can take out each other's knees in the same play...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I disagree about brand new balls... Let them be broken in, but they should be held by the refs after inspection.
    Never said they had to be "brand new". Standard and regulated so they are the same for everyone, every game, could mean anything. Maybe that means the NFL establishes a game ball facility that takes new balls and breaks in each one using a standardized procedure, followed by a standardized testing and inspection process. Teams could keep used game balls if they wanted, but no game ball should be in possession of anyone other than a ref or ball official between the time of passing inspection and being used in a game.

Post Count
    I'm a Hawks fan that was in the house for that EPIC comeback and can tell you the Seahawks definitely deserved to win that game. Check the box score, more passing yards more rushing yards and really every category except turnovers. The Seattle D held the great Rodgers to one of his worst games ever. Don't put all the blame on Bostik, the Pack had a chance to stop the Hawks from marching 50 yards for a TD, THE pack had the ball with 1:30 left and a chance to win! They were held to a FG. That's called defense. And then Wilson capped it off with a perfect strike to my Dawg Kearse who was wearing the packs DB like a blanket.

GO HAWKS

Post Count
    Trolling by Seahawks fans is just silly. No one cares... Not even you. Your luck will pass, and your entire city will stop caring again. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Hey, now we have one team in the superbowl who didn't deserve to win and one team who probably should have won anyway but will forever be tainted by scandal. As a Packer fan, I like how this is playing out. Now if only Brady and Sherman can take out each other's knees in the same play...
    The Packers and the Seahawks are my two least favorite teams and fan bases. This the only acceptable outcome to that game:

Post Count
    How can the Seahawks be your least favorite fan base? They haven't existed long enough to have formed a strong opinion of them.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    How can the Seahawks be your least favorite fan base? They haven't existed long enough to have formed a strong opinion of them.
    They retired the number 12 jersey in 1984. Thats three decades of obnoxious.

Post Count
    Yeah... In honor of the "twelfth man" to buy a ticket.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Yeah... In honor of the "twelfth man" to buy a ticket.
    My brother has lived in the Seattle/Portland area for years, and I get to talk to a lot of these people face to face. They are delusional. When the team sucked, they were more like most face painting fanbases. Now that they are successful, they are the nouveau riche of fan bases. Obnoxious in their wealth.

Living in the twin cities area, the only thing as obnoxious is the "over fed, over served and over here" Packers fan base that are a blight to our fair city. I remember earlier this year a Packer fan said they should fire the trainer because an O-Lineman pulled a hammy. "Why always us?" they say. "Why all the injuries?" Conveniently ignoring the fact that they have had 2 straight decades of injury free HOF QB play. Point that out and then they start on the officiating, or how much Joe Buck hates them, or whatever they can think of to make it "us against the world".

If they were any dumber, you would have to water them twice a week.

Post Count
    The packers WERE extremely injury plaued the last few seasons. If you're a vikings fan, that explains the angst. No sense in arguing about it further because I don't really like kicking a man when he's down. Hope teddy works out for you, but I think you gave ponder a raw deal. He wasn't worth a first round pick, but you basically ruined a competent quarterback with unrealistic expectations.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    The packers WERE extremely injury plaued the last few seasons. If you're a vikings fan, that explains the angst. No sense in arguing about it further because I don't really like kicking a man when he's down. Hope teddy works out for you, but I think you gave ponder a raw deal. He wasn't worth a first round pick, but you basically ruined a competent quarterback with unrealistic expectations.
    A mild Vikings fan, but very pragmatic about it. I moved to MN from MD in 1968, where the colts always won. You learn to be pragmatic if you follow any sports in this state. I sound a lot more butthurt than I am, and I actually do not dislike anybody on the actual team, like I do for the Seahawks. It's the fans with Wisconsin.

Full disclosure: I bartended for the better part of 20 years at a sports bar/nightclub in DT Mpls, and our owner was friends with the Pres. of the WI Alumni Association, so we were the bar for all Badger events. Everybody on staff tried to get out of those events. You have never met a group of obnoxious, low tipping drunks in your life (well, given your proximity, maybe you have). People in AZ and CA even joke about how bad Wisconsin fans are when they follow their teams around the country...LOL. I had a bartender in AZ tell me Wisconsin fans tip like nickels are manhole covers.

Anyway, they go to school, get their degrees, find no jobs in Wisconsin and all come here. I actually wouldn't give two dookies about them if they just kept it at home, but they are an invading force, who no matter how stupid they sound with their "fire the trainer" chants, always go to the default "How many rings you got?", to which, of course, we got nothing.

BTW, I am not sure Ponder was really a competent QB at all. There were false expectations, to be sure, but I never saw much in him.

Post Count
    Very true about us being crappy tippers. No doubt.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    My clients are terrible people.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Congratulations to the Patriots. Great game and yes I still care. Devastated but no excuses.