"The mnju_03 marathon thread" - Page 379

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 379 of 390 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 5847

Thread: "The mnju_03 marathon thread"

Post Count
    lol, cha! I might have an issue with hunters. I've never met a smart one.

Thinking that one is following the law and actually following the law can be 2 different things.

Topping that, he's been prosecuted for poaching before. He said the same thing in 2006: he thought it was a legal kill. He knew what he was doing and shouldn't blame his guides.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Whatever you say. I doubt you get this upset about someone fishing out of season. If you were offended by law violations, death threats count. Just admit you're reacting emotionally because you like lions. Take a deep breath and find a little perspective.

Not like I care either way, but I'm just doing my best to halt the great internet hate machine one person at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    I'm most offended at his excuses. Too many claim, "It's not my fault." I call BS.
    (Actually, I have gotten upset about that, and they never got to fish at my lake again.)

Who'd have guessed you'd light a path to my serenity? Thanks.
    *takes a deep breath* I'm over it.

Post Count
    Np. I don't care for trophy hunting either.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    I'm not sure if anyone else will find this as amusing as I do, but this is too good not to share:

Over in Williamson County, Tennessee — just north of my home — prosecutors actually filed a motion asking the court to order a defense attorney to stop calling them “the government” in open court. Yes, that’s right — in my home state, it’s apparently now a slur to call the government by its name. In its motion, prosecutors claimed: “The State has noticed in the past few years that it has become commonplace during trials for attorneys for defendants, and especially Mr. Justice, to refer to State’s attorneys as ‘the Government,’ ” [prosecutors wrote.] “The State believes that such a reference is used in a derogatory way and is meant to make the State’s attorney seem oppressive and to inflame the jury.”

This is a great little story by itself, but then the defense attorney, Drew Justice, went and committed an act of pure awesomeness. He filed a motion with his own request: He demanded his client no longer be referred to as “the Defendant,” but instead be called “Mister,” “the Citizen Accused” or “that innocent man” — since all defendants are presumed innocent until a judge or jury finds them guilty. As for himself, clearly “lawyer” or “defense attorney” wouldn’t do him, well, justice. “Rather, counsel for the Citizen Accused should be referred to primarily as the ‘Defender of the Innocent.’ … Alternatively, counsel would also accept the designation ‘Guardian of the Realm,’ ” Justice wrote.

And since prosecutors are often referred to formally as “General” in court, Justice, in an effort to be flexible, offered up a military title of his own. “Whenever addressed by name, the name ‘Captain Justice’ will be appropriate.” Gathering steam, he went on to say that even “the defense” wasn’t adequate and that “the Resistance” would be far more appropriate. He then concluded his motion, returning to the formal language of court documents — sort of. “WHEREFORE, Captain Justice, Guardian of the Realm and Leader of the Resistance, primarily asks that the Court deny the State’s motion, as lacking legal basis.”

According to Captain Justice, the court denied both motions. So the government is still the “government,” but Captain Justice, Guardian of the Realm, lives on in print – but not in court. Well done, Captain. You’ve made the Tennessee Bar proud.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Woah Dippy is still around
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Post Count
    Yep. I finally beat the indians too.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Wow, Ghost showed up! Hi!

That's hilarious, Dipstik. "Drew Justice" sounds like a made-up name for an attorney anyway, but apparently that wasn't grand enough for Captain Justice, Guardian of the Realm, heh.

Post Count
    I thought for sure that hunting story was about a guy I work with. Several years ago he was in the news here talking about the giraffe he had recently bagged, needless to say that drew some unwanted attention. For the next year or so some animal rights folks slashed all four tires on his car every time they found it. Five sets of tires later it seems they felt they achieved the proper amount of retribution for the animals and left him alone. It didn't do enough to change his mind on hunting as he just returned last week from big game trip.

Post Count
    Did they catch the hippies?
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Yep. I finally beat the indians too.
    Not one little indian contested this.

Haha, proof you beat them. Congrats!

Post Count
    No, not that I'm aware of. I don't think the authorities were overly helpful.

Sep. 20th .... Will you get retribution?

Post Count
    I'm not worried about it. You worried about whether your quarterback is going to look like Kaeppernick in a couple years? I hope they pay him everything he's asking for.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Not at all worried. He got the deal he deserved and now it's time to get to work. There is really no comparing him and that other guy. He will be out of the league soon and Russ will be end up in the H.O.F.

Post Count
    Hey Wilson! You ready to win the Super Bowl?

"Nah. I'll pass."
    Still mad at Bostick.